Spotted New Challenger Today

I work over in Auburn Hills near the Chrysler tech center, so it isn't very uncommon to see Chrysler vehicles around with camo on them.

Well today coming back to work from lunch, I saw a silver Challenger with some camo on it going the other way. I quickly pulled a u turn in the middle of Opdyke and chased it down! So I finally catch up with him, and we pull up first to the light together. I was taking some pics on my camera phone and the guys inside didn't look too happy about it, but when I threw them a rev their expressions changed. The two guys in it both smiled, and I was like YEAH IM GONNA RACE THE CHALLENGER!! The light turned green, and we both rolled into the throttle and I was getting ready to really gun it but the Challenger let off :hissyfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

post-3-1184109161_thumb.jpg post-3-1184109648_thumb.jpg post-3-1184109726_thumb.jpg

Edited by Flybrian

Chrysler has a hit coming. I think I have seen a few in and around the Bramalea plant but they were camo'd. With the Magnum and 300C they could be seen driving with no camo. Hopefully that will be the same with this because it looks stunning and I can't wait.

Nice car and looks very close to the concept.

While really cool now I just think the styling will hold up over time. It too soon will look like an old car.

While this is a nice car I am still glad GM is doing the Camaro as it is vs going more retro like the Challanger.

This car will be even harder to follow up than the PT Cruiser in styling.

Fixed B-pillar makes it UBER LAME to me!

Probably... The thing is going to weigh 4000+ lbs... It'll get it's ass whipped by just about everything. :P

Except a Milly.... :P

You mean like SRT Chargers do?

:pokeowned: :pokeowned:

Nice car and looks very close to the concept.

While really cool now I just think the styling will hold up over time. It too soon will look like an old car.

While this is a nice car I am still glad GM is doing the Camaro as it is vs going more retro like the Challanger.

This car will be even harder to follow up than the PT Cruiser in styling.

Well it's retro, and it's modeled after teh old one, which has more than help up the test of time...peopel love the old one's style...I'm sure the new one will have no problem.

Also, the PT has aged quite well.

:pokeowned: :pokeowned:

Well it's retro, and it's modeled after teh old one, which has more than help up the test of time...peopel love the old one's style...I'm sure the new one will have no problem.

Also, the PT has aged quite well.

The PT has aged well? Hmmmm? :scratchchin:

I give the Challanger 5 years before the neat factor wears out. Then where do they go?

Edited by hyperv6

The PT has aged well? Hmmmm? :scratchchin:

I give the Challanger 5 years before the neat factor wears out. Then where do they go?

The same could be said about the Mustang and the Camaro when it comes out....you give it a refresh, and then either introduce a new design, or call it a day....just like any other car that's ever come down the pike.

Probably... The thing is going to weigh 4000+ lbs... It'll get it's ass whipped by just about everything. :P

I gotta step in here as a newbie and a Magnum SRT-8 owner and say I or anyone I know with SRT-8s rarely get whipped by anything. We run a tick over 13 seconds in the 1/4 with a 2500 ft D/A... right off the showroom floor. The only problem I have with the LXs is their limited tuning abilities. Even so, I rarely lose a race.

P.S. The Challenger will be quite a bit lighter than our current pigs.

In case you care - I may be coming back to GM once I get a better look at the next CTS-V.

I gotta step in here as a newbie and a Magnum SRT-8 owner and say I or anyone I know with SRT-8s rarely get whipped by anything. We run a tick over 13 seconds in the 1/4 with a 2500 ft D/A... right off the showroom floor. The only problem I have with the LXs is their limited tuning abilities. Even so, I rarely lose a race.

Random fact: A Subaru Legacy GT Spec.B lags only .3 seconds to 60 mph (5.3 versus 5.0) and only .5 seconds to 1/4 mile (14.0 versus 13.5) behind a Dodge Charger SRT8 while getting better fuel economy (19/25 versus 14/20), handling better (66.5 mph through slalom versus 65.2 mph), and costing $4000 less before options ($34,620 MSRP versus $38,095, which can easily shoot up to $44k).

:D

Nothing wrong in wanting something you like, I just find them boring, dull, and rather ugly. The Challenger is big, mean packs the power to back it up and looks damn cool IMO. Plus I like big cars and the Challenger is a nice replacement for my Riviera size wise and powerwise.

True and fair enough. I, as you may know, am a small guy and don't see the point in owning a huge car. Not to mention I would get nearly the same performance with better handling and gas mileage wrapped in a contemporary package with a much higher quality interior. I dig it. :P

Well I'm not sure how tall and how much you weigh....I however am over 6 foot and weigh around 260,265....so I need the room to be comfy...Plus there's no better feeling in the world than hearing that V8 rumble and popping the hood and seeing the beast inside that compartment. Plus I guess, like anyone wanting a Chrysler product today that has a V8 I'm a sucker for " yeah, it's got a Hemi" I didn't get to experience the muscle car craze in the good old days, so now's my chance to sort of enjoy it's rebirth.....without having to buy and old car, spend the money to restore it and then have it done the way I'd like it, I could end up spending just as much as I would on a new one...so why go through the hassle, I could always buy an original if I ever win the lotto :P

Edited by Delta Force79

Well I'm not sure how tall and how much you weigh....I however am over 6 foot and weigh around 260,265....so I need the room to be comfy...Plus there's no better feeling in the world than hearing that V8 rumble and popping the hood and seeing the beast inside that compartment. Plus I guess, like anyone wanting a Chrysler product today that has a V8 I'm a sucker for " yeah, it's got a Hemi" I didn't get to experience the muscle car craze in the good old days, so now's my chance to sort of enjoy it's rebirth.....without having to buy and old car, spend the money to restore it and then have it done the way I'd like it, I could end up spending just as much as I would on a new one...so why go through the hassle, I could always buy an original if I ever win the lotto :P

Most ricer will never understand the potential or feel of a V8. I am also 260lb powerlifter and the room and comfort are a plus. Let alone, more metal shell for better protection.

Growing up with a SS Chevelle 502 [12:5.1 pistons], there is no better thrill than a 750HP rwd muscle car running on 104 octane lead gas.

Random fact: A Subaru Legacy GT Spec.B lags only .3 seconds to 60 mph (5.3 versus 5.0) and only .5 seconds to 1/4 mile (14.0 versus 13.5) behind a Dodge Charger SRT8 while getting better fuel economy (19/25 versus 14/20), handling better (66.5 mph through slalom versus 65.2 mph), and costing $4000 less before options ($34,620 MSRP versus $38,095, which can easily shoot up to $44k).

While there's nothing wrong with the Subaru, and it is handsome and the points are valid...it's still no where near as badass as one of the SRT8's. I like big cars, I like RWD cars, and I love the sound of a loud V8. :P

That, and the Spec-B just doesn't seem as "special". It's a sleeper, which is cool, but you know...subtlety isn't my thing :P

Even if the Challenger's not a hardtop, at least it looks like it'll have frameless glass.

Edited by Dodgefan

With a 6.1? Unlikely story....most cars can't even reach into the high 12s.

If it's stock, you can be sure it won't go below 13 seconds. But you're right, very few cars have been able to in stock form outside of exotic brands. The Challenger won't one of them.

Most ricer will never understand the potential or feel of a V8.

You're not calling me a ricer are you? That's an insult. :P

A V8 is dandy and all... Though, they're also a dime a dozen. I have much more respect for engines that you don't see in everything from a family toting Impala to an exotic Ferrari. The boxer engines, rotary engines, W/staggered bank configuration engines, and even the Miller cycle.

While there's nothing wrong with the Subaru, and it is handsome and the points are valid...it's still no where near as badass as one of the SRT8's. I like big cars, I like RWD cars, and I love the sound of a loud V8.

That, and the Spec-B just doesn't seem as "special". It's a sleeper, which is cool, but you know...subtlety isn't my thing

Hey... When a Mustang tries to race you thinking it's just another boring sedan, and you whoop his ass, suddenly it seems a little more special. :D Edited by blackviper8891

If it's stock, you can be sure it won't go below 13 seconds. But you're right, very few cars have been able to in stock form outside of exotic brands. The Challenger won't one of them.

You're not calling me a ricer are you? That's an insult. :P

A V8 is dandy and all... Though, they're also a dime a dozen. I have much more respect for engines that you don't see in everything from a family toting Impala to an exotic Ferrari. The boxer engines, rotary engines, W/staggered bank configuration engines, and even the Miller cycle.

Hey... When a Mustang tries to race you thinking it's just another boring sedan, and you whoop his ass, suddenly it seems a little more special. :D

Just don't try to race a black and white Saleen Mustang in police guise that has "To Destory and Enslave" written on the side of it :P

Edited by Dodgefan

I see your Subaru Spec R GTI....or whatever it's called, and raise you a $21K 2004 Dodge SRT-4 (neon). It cost's $13K less and runs better times:

2004 Dodge SRT-4

0-60: 5.3

1/4 mile: 13.9

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/art.../0-60times.html

Not a hard game to play.

I see your Subaru Spec R GTI....or whatever it's called, and raise you a $21K 2004 Dodge SRT-4 (neon). It cost's $13K less and runs better times:

Not a hard game to play.

It's a pretty easy game to play, so I'll play it. The Neon SRT4's times are all over the place with nearly a second difference between the fastest and slowest times for the same year. Doesn't put out very reliable times, now does it? As well, it's still just a POS Neon that even I feel cramped in. You get what you pay for, as they say. I like playing this game. :P

It's a pretty easy game to play, so I'll play it. The Neon SRT4's times are all over the place with nearly a second difference between the fastest and slowest times for the same year. Doesn't put out very reliable times, now does it? As well, it's still just a POS Neon that even I feel cramped in. You get what you pay for, as they say. I like playing this game. :P

Wow, great comeback: "All test times vary"

For $13K less, I'll either take my chances with the varying times, or buy the stage III kit for the SRT-4, have it installed (just because of all the money I saved not buying a Legacy type R), and still have enough cash to buy a used car for everyday driving if the stage III kit makes the SRT-4 too fast.

Wow, great comeback: "All test times vary"

For $13K less, I'll either take my chances with the varying times, or buy the stage III kit for the SRT-4, have it installed (just because of all the money I saved not buying a Legacy type R), and still have enough cash to buy a used car for everyday driving if the stage III kit makes the SRT-4 too fast.

Test times don't vary by a second. They vary by 2 or 3 tenths of a second, at most. So not only will you put out unreliable times, you'll do it in a cramped POS Neon even with the Stage III kit. Being FWD, that kit will be essentially useless since you won't be able to get any of the added power down to the ground, making that used car a necessity. Go ahead, get the SRT4. :P

Me, I'll take the Legacy GT Spec.B (not Type-R) and save myself all the needless hassle while having a stylish, roomy, high quality sedan with a wonderful 50/50 biased AWD system.

Edited by blackviper8891