Delta Force79

What Are You Listening To?

So, the Phil talk earlier had me go search this one out for a listen.  Its been years...

And in other items, I see the first couple tracks from RTJ4 on YT, so I delved into a little of the back catalog of El-P & Killer Mike, including the jazz album by El-P.

My first thought on this was a comparison between the sound of this track and some 3rd Bass tracks. Maybe that's just me.

Then I see the car in the video and smile...

Santorini Blue

🇬🇷SANTORINI GREEK ISLANDS ❣️Happy Birthday to all thos ...

And since I started with  reminiscing of traveling back to Greece...with Mr. Orbison's angelic voice, I might as well continue listening to him.

• Upvote 1

And now Im into 1950s rock-n-roll love songs

Now I feel listening to loud arena rock. Too bad my wife wont allow me to sing on top of my lungs to disturb to whole damn neighborhood!

Which leads to the 1980s version

Which then leads to 

And then to  Funky Town 

Im having a blast listening to all this!!!

What? No People Are People to go with Power Station songs?

I am enjoying the Orbison tracks right now.  He passed during my senior year of high school, and I remember actually being sad by the fact.

• Upvote 1

Bill Withers passed away a few days ago.  He was 81.  It was caused by other health issues and not related to the current pandemic.

He had three big songs, among others, but two were sort of downers ("Lean on Me" and "Ain't No Sunshine").  That leaves this one as his best song, IMO:

R.I.P. Mr. Withers

• Upvote 2

On 4/2/2020 at 11:50 PM, Olds Guy said:

I am enjoying the Orbison tracks right now.  He passed during my senior year of high school, and I remember actually being sad by the fact.

I saw him perform a few years before he died. I & my friend were the only young folk there; I didn’t think 50-something women groupies were a thing.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Chilling and enjoying a good bottle of Cline Pinot Noir. 

The Verve..love this band and their lead singer, Richard Ashcroft.

One of my favorite recent Pearl Jam tracks..can't believe it's been almost 30 years since I first heard them...

and my favorite Super Bowl half time show, Prince from 2007..I love Prince, miss him...his covers of All Along the Watchtower and Best of You are fantastic...

• Upvote 1

Been listening to the various musical compilations from around the world on YouTube. Amazing how individuals have come together to host concerts freely online and the amount of non-professionals doing covers. Very cool stuff.

Andrea Bocelli just gave a live solo performance for Easter at Milan's cathredal (Duomo di Milano) upon being invited by the city and the (arch)diocese.  In the beginning, he's inside the church but, at the end, he is singing outside the church and they pan over some of the world's great but empty cities.  One of the lines in the lyrics of the last song is especially noteworthy.

Happy Easter to our members who celebrate it.  And anyone else who wants to share a day of peace and rebirth in general.

• Upvote 2

Since we may come to bowing as a society instead of shaking hands ...

• Upvote 2

• Upvote 1

Good song. 

Great movie - "The Night Shift" - it starred Henry Winkler, Shelley Long (from "Cheers'), and was the first film for Michael Keaton, who did a fantastic job in his debut.

• Upvote 1

Saw this earlier

Laughed a bit. But Im just not feeling it. 

Im feeling kinda rebellious tonight.  So I listened  to the non-parody version. 

And now I guess I mellowed out because of the Ramones...but Ill do the Offspring cover.  Idle hands was an AWESOME MOVIE!!!

Just to let you you know...I dont DO drugs.  Not then. Not now...never will.

And now...Im happy again!!!