What Are You Listening To?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RIP Bonnie

Sure you have; that 'good lord' covered all of page 105 AND 104.

Im only here for one thing thing. To mourn the death of Eddie Van Halen Not my favorite VH tune. But it is the first that I was introduced to.  And...the video does showcase his talents on g

Posted Images

Finishing up a project and listening to this great song off the Kill Bill Sound Track. An amazing Japanese guitarist who came to America to learn Jazz, then went home after a decade and started his own sound.

Love Hearts version of Stairway to Heaven at the Kennedy center.

• Upvote 1

Original Led Zeppelin at Madison Square Gardens 1973.

So Freakin HOT HOT HOT Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I hate myself for loving you!

• Upvote 1

A woman that just has such a striking voice. Evanescence

A little Twisted Sister for the Evening!!! :D 

• Upvote 1

We can only wonder whatever became of the likes of King Harvest and even the Silver Convention, seen here ...

I randomly thought of this song when I was in a cool bird sanctuary venue, complete with a few alligators, along the Gulf last month.

Their thrusting motions with their elbows during their routine are odd and/or dated.  Ulterior motive?

• Haha 2
On 3/2/2021 at 11:00 PM, David said:

Heart - Barracuda Time!!!

The Wilson sisters are touted as Seattleites, and they are/were.  But I believe they were born in San Diego. Thinking "Dreamboat Annie."

"Smooth Operator" might be my favorite Sade song because I heard it while crossing the GW from NYC to NJ, but this one is fairly slick.

• Upvote 2

Local rocker Michael Stanley passed away at age 72 of lung cancer...saw him in concert a couple times back in the early 90s.

'My Town' (about Cleveland) got some airplay on MTV in the '80s, remember the video from back then...

https://www.cleveland.com/galleries/KUR7OQOEKVEIPNORS7XOSXPOWA/

• Upvote 4
On 2/27/2021 at 5:31 PM, David said:

Loving this Jazz Album - Jay Soto Album Mesmerized

Wanting something different to listen to, going to give this a try. 

On 3/2/2021 at 11:29 PM, David said:

A little Twisted Sister for the Evening!!! :D 

I used to like them back in my high school days...

Love the video, just who in the hell had those ladies ride around in that ugly old red MOPAR ragtop? 

(Sarcasm...)

• Upvote 2

Rain a Korean Actor, Singer and martial artist just released a new mini album where every song is done with a different artist.

I dunno.

Something about what the Vatican stated yesterday or today (yada yada yada homosexuality and not condoning it bullshyte...)  and Drew's motorcycle (and Drew himself with his latest profile pic)

Drew Dowdell

Something happened to my memory banks and this song just popped up...out of nowhere...

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1

I feel very alone in this regard:  I have always found this song painful to listen to.

So, I sometimes listen to it for a laugh and to think of the metalheads who thought they were "too cool for school," doing "air drums" while listening to this or singing it.

They didn't like it too much when I (sometimes with a friend or a coworker) would parody its wailing refrain:

Aa-ah-ah ... ah!

Aa-ah-ah ... ah!

• Upvote 1

I never liked "the Immigrant Song" from Led Zep.    There is something very cringe about the song to me.  And I cant put my finger on it as to why I think this way other than I dont like it at all.  

So NO! You are NOT alone in that regard @trinacriabob.  I feelz your pain.  

• Haha 1

For Zep, I love ‘When the Levee Breaks’ and ‘In the Evening’.   Love the opening of Levee....

• Upvote 1

Can't get enough of this sh!t.  Music used to have much more passion that went into it.  The lead singer here is really into it and can hold some of those difficult notes.

Some say this is the quintessential disco song.  I've read that some musical experts think that "More, More, More" is.

Either way, those that approximate the Top 10 of this genre make for one incredible anthology.

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Very sad.  I just learned from the homepage that Jessica Walter died yesterday.  There weren't many carbon copies of her, like there are with some run of the mill movie stars, and this is what she looked like if you don't remember her or the name.

173526__46296.1342532943.380.500.jpg?c=2

MV5BMTkyNjA5NTA1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjU0

RIP Jessica Walter

She played the obsessed fan-listener in "Play Misty for Me" who stalked a DJ in Monterey-Carmel, CA played by Clint Eastwood, and repeatedly called in the following song - the Errol Garner version as opposed to the later Johnny Mathis and Ray Stevens versions.  She hit a home run with that one.  Also, there is incredible footage of the Central California coast at Monterey, Carmel, and Big Sur in that movie.

Also, "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" by Roberta Flack was in this movie, and in the scene that probably got it its R rating.  We know @oldshurst442  likes that song a lot, as do many people with good taste.

• Upvote 2

Some comments suggest that this is more suited to be the official song of NYC than Sinatra's "New York, New York."  I'd be okay with that.

Highlights:

- the first 25 seconds, when some local dudes are presumably near Times Square and then an early '80s Buick full size wagon, possibly with wood grain, just happens to pull up, an occupant lifts the hood, and it starts belching smoke ... and one drunken guy falls over the fire hydrant (seems to be ok)

- at 1:45, why is it that so many NYC taxi cabs used to be shown bouncing up and down like this on TV and movies ... soft suspensions, worn shocks, bad roads, or a little of all of these?

These were the days.

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Haha 1