Delta Force79

What Are You Listening To?

On 6/2/2019 at 10:36 AM, balthazar said:

I was expecting ‘Cherry Pie’ by Warrant.

I just this response.

Nah. Cherry Pie is...everything wrong with today's music. Composed by a formula.  

At least Cherry Bomb would be one of those songs that the producers use(d) as a basis for a...formula.

PS:  I often fall victim to these formula produced songs though...I aint sayin I like falling prey to these songs, but I will admit that...hey...some of it does work on me.

Edited by oldshurst442

9 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Nah. Cherry Pie is...everything wrong with today's music. Composed by a formula.  

But; released in 1990.
I was joking. Its really only very recently I've been very rarely listening to some stuff from the '80s - the forumalic approach is what has more often pushed me to free-form ambient stuff. Unfortunately, youtube sees it fit to insert multiple ads in a continuous flow music video. 

1 minute ago, balthazar said:

But; released in 1990.
I was joking. Its really only very recently I've been very rarely listening to some stuff from the '80s - the forumalic approach is what has more often pushed me to free-form ambient stuff. Unfortunately, youtube sees it fit to insert multiple ads in a continuous flow music video. 

This "formulaic style" started in the 1980s if Im not mistaken.  Actually, it started in the 1950s, but it was less rampant...again, if Im not mistaken.

I enjoyed your joke though.  Because I would normally post a cheesy 1980s hair metal band song or disco tune in a discussion like that!!!  

Went to a fun show this evening at the House of Blues in Cleveland... 3 bands-- BT's synthpop/electronic outfit 'All Hail the Silence',  'Men Without Hats' (best known for the 80s song 'Safety Dance'--didn't realize they were from Montreal), and the headliner--Howard Jones. Saw HoJo last year, but that was a different venue and was just him and piano, this was a full band w/ lots of synthesizers and his keytar.   Great evening. 

Quite simply an amazing song and even more amazing live. It was also lyrical perfection but in fairness, I have always been a huge Cornell fan.

Chris Cornell “When I’m Down”