Delta Force79

What Are You Listening To?

After reading of Eddie Money's passing today, I've been listening to his music...always enjoyed him on the radio in the 80s...neat video for 'Shakin', has some Chevy lowriders...

https://youtu.be/2tcD_dVcXE4

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

After reading of Eddie Money's passing today, I've been listening to his music...always enjoyed him on the radio in the 80s...neat video for 'Shakin', has some Chevy lowriders...

https://youtu.be/2tcD_dVcXE4

My Favorite will always be “take me home tonight”... 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 9/13/2019 at 4:33 PM, Robert Hall said:

No!  I wasn't on U.S. soil when this transpired.  That is really sad.  His landmark hit IMO was "Take Me Home Tonight."  It's a tune that is timeless.

- - - - -

So, I'm away across the pond and, thanks to the increased popularity of rentable econoboxes with automatic transmissions, trips over there go more smoothly.  Actually, it wasn't a tiny econobox but a Volkswagen Polo 4 door.  The first day I take it out for a spin, I hear the following on the radio ... perfect!  So damn Teutonic!

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Upvote 1

Been this kind of day at work, so glad I am no longer in management, the politics are just so tiring. Not worth the money or responsibilities. 

Now Black Sabbath Time

2 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

"Safari" by Japanese jazz guitarist Keiko Matsui

This must have been new when it provided the background music for crossing the upper level of the S.F.-Oakland Bay Bridge in my Cutlass Supreme Brougham 2-door coupe from the East Bay suburbs into the city and catching this on a jazz station.  Any better music to have the vertical cables of the Bay Bridge flickering the Coit Tower, North Beach, and the Financial District as you drive to San Francisco or to the Peninsula/South Bay along the 101?  I can't think of any.

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Upvote 2

Went  and saw Bob Dylan in concert Saturday night.  Great show.  He has a great touring band, all electric, no acoustic.  Always liked him, had never seen him.  

• Upvote 2

^^^

I prefer the Queen of Disco's version better.  So much so, I do not even want to quote the post.  

Image result for donna summer gif"

24 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Went  and saw Bob Dylan in concert Saturday night.  Great show.  He has a great touring band, all electric, no acoustic.  Always liked him, had never seen him.  

I do not like his whiny singing voice. But strangely enough, I like listening to his songs.  Weird...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

I have her Sapphire album, she is an awesome Jazz Pianist.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Where did Bob Dylan perform?  I'll have to check if he is in the cluster of musical artists that perpetually put out songs with dour lyrics.  Simon and Garfunkel easily clinch the award for dour lyrics:  'went looking for a job and got no offers ... only a come-on from the whores on Seventh Avenue ..."  Dour!

5 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

I prefer the Queen of Disco's version better.  So much so, I do not even want to quote the post.  

Image result for donna summer gif"

I'm guessing the Queen of Disco is the late Donna Summer.  No other person seems to have held that "title."

3 hours ago, dfelt said:

I have her Sapphire album, she is an awesome Jazz Pianist.

I agree.  As is Joyce Cooling, who was big at about the same time.  I think I already posted her song "South of Market."

Edited by trinacriabob

7 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

Where did Bob Dylan perform?  I'll have to check if he is in the cluster of musical artists that perpetually put out songs with dour lyrics.  

He was at the University of Akron EJ Thomas Hall.   Nice venue, built in the 70s, the inside reminded me a lot of the Phoenix Symphony Hall which is from the same era. 

• Thanks 1

A little bit of "freeway music" for me ... and you:

• Upvote 1

Pissed right now...

The gage cluster in my Cavalier went on the blink last week, and is completely dead now. Hope I do not need to see how fast I am going, or know how much gas I need...Worse part that burns my behind is that the cluster had a 100% fail rate for all late 2003, 2004, and most 2005 models. Why there is no recall is beyond me. Funny part is that there are no new ones to buy either...GM had most of them trashed.....

Surprised me a bit just based on the fact that the car had less than 25k (stored project car 🙂 ). I really want to do it myself, but the plastic is so damn cheap I’m afraid I will break the dash....

I’m sure someone will tell me that it is a 90s piece of trash and to burn it soon....but hey-I always had a soft spot for Cavaliers, for good reason.... 🙂

Thanks for listening to my rant.......

Edited by daves87rs
Hey-can this be moved to our usual area for this? Didn’t realize where it ended up....

1 hour ago, daves87rs said:

Pissed right now...

The gage cluster in my Cavalier went on the blink last week, and is completely dead now. Hope I do not need to see how fast I am going, or know how much gas I need...Worse part that burns my behind is that the cluster had a 100% fail rate for all late 2003, 2004, and most 2005 models. Why there is no recall is beyond me. Funny part is that there are no new ones to buy either...GM had most of them trashed.....

Surprised me a bit just based on the fact that the car had less than 25k (stored project car 🙂 ). I really want to do it myself, but the plastic is so damn cheap I’m afraid I will break the dash....

I’m sure someone will tell me that it is a 90s piece of trash and to burn it soon....but hey-I always had a soft spot for Cavaliers, for good reason.... 🙂

Thanks for listening to my rant.......

Loved the Z24 Cavaliers, here is for you!

Right now getting some old school tunes on. :P 

Music - YOUR music - is very important when on a road trip. 

Having music that you've selected for your library coming in through Bluetooth or whatever medium makes a road trip more enjoyable and it's probably even a good thing for your safety because you're less likely to get bored, distracted, or tired.

• Upvote 2