Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
04monteintimidator

Cadillac Eldorado/ETC

8 posts in this topic

im a little out of practice so i apologize for the poor quality but i havent posted in a while so i figured id put something up...

Posted Image

and before you guys start moaning about the lack of vertical headlights... i tried it with verticals... and it looked horrible

Welcome back. Well, actually, the Cadillac is quite good. It flows and is quite elegant, BUT....

it seems like it was designed in 1997 or something. The rear is very modern, though, but the grille and the door is not so modern.

Other than that, good job! :thumbsup:

I dunno how I feel about the El Dorado name, but you kinda messed up on perspective. If you changed this up a little bit, it would be a good production version of the Cien concept.

based on Camaro?

Looks ok, but the c-pillar needs to be more upright.

I like what I see except fopr the Aveo headlights.

Make them upright like the new CTS.

I love the hardtop greenhouse. :)

i see what you guys are saying... as far as the old-ish looking grill and bad perspective... as i said, im out of practice haha i was going for the same kind of grill that the XLR-V has... but it didnt come through that well i guess

it is loosely based on the camaro... i wanted it to be about that size so i used some camaro pictures to help with perspective reference... the slanted c-pillar was to give it a sportier look but i can see that a more upright one could work as well

as far as the "aveo headlights"... they were supposed to be sideways versions of the headlights found on the new CTS... another issue of me being out of practice haha

thanks for all the feedback, i cant promise an updated version tho since starting next week im working at a summer camp for 6 weeks straight so i'll be a bit busy and without a computer

I based my ETC design on the new Camaro, too. I like your body better than mine, though =)

The front end is not so modern, but I think it looks better than the XLR's. I think you could make vertical lights look good on that face if you experiment with them.

I like the concept of this quite a bit, base it on the Rivera not the camaro and I think you would have a decent Eldo typ car then, as it is a bigger car by intent than a Camaro would allow for, tho I am sure there is some crossover to the platform a caddy needs to have that exclusivity and a bit more value to it than a standard GM model these days. I do like the horizontal lights better than the current vertical designs, as they do have a que to past caddy looks. As you said practive the perspective, you did fairly decent just a few misplaced lines is all, more drawings of this could resolve that fast.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0