Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Honda To Make V-6 Low-Emission Diesel Engine for North America By 2010

11 posts in this topic

Honda To Make V-6 Low-Emission Diesel Engine for North America By 2010

10 July 2007

The Nikkei reports that Honda will develop a V-6 low-emission diesel engine for the North American market by 2010.

Honda currently has developed an inline-4 diesel engine for use in 2-liter-class passenger vehicles such as the Accord and CR-V. Vehicles using that engine—which will be Tier 2 Bin 5 compliant—will be sold in Japan and North America by 2009. (Earlier post.)

The automaker will now work to develop a V-6 engine that can be installed in 3.5-liter vehicles. This new engine is expected to first be used in the Odyssey minivan.

The engine will enable Honda to introduce diesel versions of large, high-end models in the North American market, such as the Pilot sport utility vehicle and the Ridgeline pickup truck. The automaker also plans to debut diesel versions of models for its luxury Acura line.

source:

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2007/07/ho...ake-v.html#more

:rolleyes: Who cares, it is still a POS Honda. I will take my GMC Suburban any day over a diesel Honda. Better yet, I would trade it in on a new Suburban with a duramax/allison combo if they would do that. :D

Bring it here. Let it force GM get that 2.9l from Venturi motor here, and force to build a bigger 3.5l.

Cool... more diesels is a good thing, IMHO...I'd like to see GM offer 4-cyl, V6, and V8 diesels in various car lines...

Finally one major manufacturer that will be bringing V6 diesels in. Lets hope others follow suit.

Should I start another e-mail conversation with Bob Lutz?

Yes, you should.

Should I start another e-mail conversation with Bob Lutz?

Yes, you should.

You'd just be hearing excuses of why they can't or haven't done it yet. -_-

My email exchanges with Lutz included what sounded vaguely like the company line, "we couldn't do it because it would be cost prohibitive to make it meet emissions standards" type stuff. Still, it was a nice exchange and I got the feeling that GM at least looked into bringing a diesel Astra here.