Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Toyota: Everything Will Be Hybrid

21 posts in this topic

07/11/07, 08:43am, EDT

The president of Toyota North America, Jim Press, compared the ground-breaking Toyota Prius hybrid to the Ford Model T and said that he believes that "Eventually, everything will be a hybrid."

Press said that, in the future, the Prius will be viewed as the Ford Model T of hybrids, the revolutionary first vehicle of its kind made available to the masses, according to Bloomberg. Hybrid Prius models have seen a massive increase in sales, mostly due to higher gas prices. Press views Toyota as the brand most likely to emerge as a leader of the future hybrid game

Posted Image

source:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/toyota-everyth...-be-hybrid.html

They forgot the photo of him wringing his hands together and screaming "AND WE WILL RULE THE WORLD!! MUH HA HA HA HA!" In the photo he will look just like Dr. Evil.

Quick: Somebody photochop a Tundra Spew Max with 3 foot high letters that say Hybrid...

And in the 1980s Bill Gates said there will never be a need for more than 600K of memory in a PC.

Open mouth, insert foot.

In the 2020s Hybrids will be 1970s Kustom Van Kraze of the 2000s.

More Jim Press spin. That guy is so full of $h! it isn't even funny. No Jim, it's not like the Model T because unlike the Prius, the Model T had virtually no competition when it was introduced and took a huge percentage of the market right off the bat due to its affordability. Toyota is selling about as many Priuses as Ford sells Mustangs right now, and you pay a premium price over something like a diesel that can get you just as good of mileage. If the Prius is so much like the Model T, they better only come in silver and Toyota better let them become outdated based on the notion that if it ain't broken, don't fix it...just like old Henry did with the tin lizzy.

Edited by mustang84

What is slowing them down is the inability for Toyota Engineers to find a way for the batteries to sludge.

What is slowing them down is the inability for Toyota Engineers to find a way for the batteries to sludge.

Oh-Snnnnap! :spin:

They forgot the photo of him wringing his hands together and screaming "AND WE WILL RULE THE WORLD!! MUH HA HA HA HA!" In the photo he will look just like Dr. Evil.

Quick: Somebody photochop a Tundra Spew Max with 3 foot high letters that say Hybrid...

Don't they already rule the world ? If not I would hate to see when they do.

Edited by andy82471

I heard they are coming out with A Turdra Hybrid, The electric motor will power the truck when the gas engine breaks a camshaft!

I heard they are coming out with A Turdra Hybrid, The electric motor will power the truck when the gas engine breaks a camshaft!

Double Snap!!! :lol:

Actually QUADROOPLE SNAP!

That piece of $h! Toyota has FOUR cams!!!

(now why have the extra weight, bulk & overcomplication of

four cams with DOHC when a pushrod will sufice with one?)

because FOUR CAM badges fit on the obese fenders of the trucklet better than PUSHROD EQUIPED badges. Gotta tell the world what is in there when they sit on display on the lot.

Edited by toesuf94

07/11/07, 08:43am, EDT

The president of Toyota North America, Jim Press, compared the ground-breaking Toyota Prius hybrid to the Ford Model T and said that he believes that "Eventually, everything will be a hybrid."

Press said that, in the future, the Prius will be viewed as the Ford Model T of hybrids, the revolutionary first vehicle of its kind made available to the masses, according to Bloomberg. Hybrid Prius models have seen a massive increase in sales, mostly due to higher gas prices. Press views Toyota as the brand most likely to emerge as a leader of the future hybrid game

Posted Image

source:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/toyota-everyth...-be-hybrid.html

Actually, Jim, I was thinking more like the STANLEY STEAMER :pokeowned:

STANLEY STEAMER

:blink:

Um... I've heard that before. I think it was from regfootball.

:blink::blink:

Stanley Steamer was an actual vehicle, you know. I am sure very few people would even know about them, let alone remember them.

Leave Stanley Steamers out of this...

Toyota Prineses will be gone and forgoten (or an Edsel-esque joke)

when steam-powered Stanley Steamers are still worth their weight

in platinum and people like Jay Leno are spending $100,000 to

restore a brass era Steam car.

FYI: Stanley Steamers are functional, "green" & beautiful! :wub:

Posted Image

hot carl?

hot carl?

Knew I saw that somewhere. The ill-fated contemporary to the Stanley Steamer.

Posted Image

Knew I saw that somewhere. The ill-fated contemporary to the Stanley Steamer.

Posted Image

:lol:

And I asked the cashiers at my workplace... It turns out I was thinking of 'Cleveland Steamer' :P

Edited by Captainbooyah

Silly guys... This is Toyota we are talking about. If Toyota says everything will be hybrid, you better believe everything will be hybrid or life as we know will cease to exist. :P

that really makes me want to leave a hot carl on the showroom floor.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0