douglask

2008 Ford Falcon Orion

22 posts in this topic

The Herald sun has published photos of the new Ford Falcon which it claims that these computer generated images were disposed of after an FPV meeting, soon before being stumbled upon by an eager reader.

Posted Image

If this is true, the production version, which is set to hit Australian showrooms early next year (probably in time for the Melbourne Motor Show - March), may very well be near identical to what you are seeing now.

The computer generated images sourced by the Herald Sun show what is most probably an early design of the Orion. Our spy photos and sources indicate the upper models - such as the FPV GT-P (pictured) - will feature Xenon headlights, cross-drilled and slotted brakes, along with new wheels.

A stripe package will also probably remain for the Orion Falcon, considering the big uptake of the option on B-series FPV GTs and GT-Ps.

Ford Australia have declined to comment on the images, stating that they are simply pretty images and that we should all wait until the final product is released. One thing is for certain though, all the publicity is revving up fans of the blue oval marque.

Original article:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/3832/new-falcon-orion-pictures/

See how much it resembles the Holden? This is enough to satisfy Australians, and that is fine with me. These images look good, but the proportions and greenhouse look almost exactly like the GM product. To me, it shows Australians like safe, tepid updates on their favorites. A different mindset than what is required to make a splash here in the US. The front and rear ends have more character than the Holdens, but they have that same sleepy midsection.

Having said that, I think this car would help Ford much more in the US than the G8 will help Pontiac.

Edited by ocnblu

That thing looks like its emo eyeliner is melting and when I first glanced at the title I thought it said "2008 Ford Falcon Onion"

Yuck. The current one looks better.

Yes, Fly is right. Ugly AND boring.

Put away the black face paint and get a clue Ford.

Front end is ugly. The rest is OK.

Agree, also it reminds me too much of a Subaru Legacy.

I like both ends...I like the car as a whole actually...but it's profile and overall shape is just too much like Holden's...it's not daring like say, the Charger.

Just like the VE, huh? :smilewide:

The VE doesn't have some oblique Tears of a Clown thing going on between the headlamps and fogs. Also, the VE doesn't look this old. Seriously. Interceptor, where art thou?

Interceptor, where art thou?

Stillborn

I like the rear of this proposal, I'm not quite sold on the front.

Looks dated when compared to the VE, and that front end is the nastiest piece of design I have seen in a long time.

Yuck.

Stillborn

I like the rear of this proposal, I'm not quite sold on the front.

Ford's hunkered down Interceptor concept, shown at the 2007 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, was apparently never slated for production, according to chief designer Freeman Thomas. The concept, which looked like Ford's even more aggressive answer to the Chrysler 300, was popular with show-goers, but apparently never had a chance of making it into showrooms.

This why I hate Ford...they're such pussies at design. They make great concepts that they know people like a lot, then give us bland (Fusion) or Ugly (E-Vans and SuperDuty) crap (in terms of design at least).

Chrysler's designs may be hit or miss lately, but at least they've got a pair, and aren't afraid to make something polarizing.

Get rid of the cheap looking gray/black fascia treatment and I might not call it HIDEOUS.

Not excellent, but a lot better than what Holden has managed to muster up lately.

I really wish Austrailian performance cars weren't as boring as mid american imported sedans.

Get rid of the black eyeshadow looking or whatever gay thing, bring it to the states, and you might have another F-150/Silverado type of rivalry...GM would win of course.

I can already see Toy building a huge overbudget San Antonio plant where they can build the all-new redesigned, sporty Avalon to catch up with the big 3 in a segment where they have fallen behind..oh god jk

The Commodore/Falcon thing reminds me of Japan's whole Crown vs. Cedric/Gloria rivalry (killed by Nissan changing over to the Fuga/our Infiniti M)

It wouold be nice to see an Impala/Taurus/Charger faceoff like that over the next 20 years. Because it would promise to be less blah.

It wouold be nice to see an Impala/Taurus/Charger faceoff like that over the next 20 years. Because it would promise to be less blah.

The FWD, boring as drying paint Taurus does not hold a candle to the Charger, G8 & Zeta Imapala!!!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room