MRDETROITMETAL

Camaro RS limited edition cars

39 posts in this topic

Here is another limited edition car series we are preparing to build at my studio shops, it has a twin turbo intercooled LS-6 engine, new custom front & rear clips, rear wing and side body kit....:

Posted Image

Shot at 2007-07-18

You destroyed the concept...shame on you! --- this is Dodgefan btw

Edited by jessi_chan

only part i could like is how the hood slopes over the once grill, but not the opening in the hood.

Sorry but that is horrible. Ricer-worthy in a 1993 Honda Civic with 3 gallons of bondo kind of way. :blink:

1. Intercoolers like to breathe.

2. Your concept made me want to punch a baby. That's being nice.

You said you're going to build this? with what the Camaro isn't out yet and save yourself the trouble this thing shouldn't be seen in public :nono:

OMG! You guys are mean! Fnd the goodness in the concept!

Those Chevy badges look awesome! The lisence plates are hot! The wheels are great, and the side scoops make me melt!

And what you did to the interior, positively stunning!

OMG! You guys are mean! Fnd the goodness in the concept!

Those Chevy badges look awesome! The lisence plates are hot! The wheels are great, and the side scoops make me melt!

And what you did to the interior, positively stunning!

Hmm, I just call it as I see it.

There's only one Chevy badge, and it was designed by Chevy. The license plate is a license plate, it's easily interchangeable. The wheels are unchanged from the original picture, as is the interior from what I can see. And the concept's side scoops look great, the added on one is just that.. added on. Doesn't look good to me.

The only part I really like is the split grille...very 3rd gen. Everything else needs to go.

Posted Image

Edited by mustang84

:rotflmao:

Even that made me lmfao. This thread is great... :lol: Edited by NOS2006

LMAO...you all seem a bit out of touch with the reasons that toyota has such sucess in the market, the fact is that even GM now has an in house advanced vehicle accessories group to allow customers to order unique and custom versions of various models, built right off the factory line. This is no doubt going to also be the case with the Camaro, like it or not. Sure I understand your feelings in that the design is "perfect " as is, but thats not good enough anymore as the trends in the market demand that the cars are available in various configurations. Callaway and others have done the same thing for years with the Corvette, and even dealership like Yenko did mods back in the day to the original Camaro. So that precedent is well established. Tho this edition may not be to your personal taste, the fact that the car can and will be modified to suit other styles different from the original form makes it a success overall in the marketplace.

Now my take on this design is yeah it has a WTF look to it, done on purpose to identify this custom version as just that, a unique and exclusive custom car that can be ordered direct as a new car. The more versions of the new Camaro GM sells the better chance of this car sticking around instead of going on hiatus for another decade !!!!

Get up with it boys, the future is here and we don't all have to like it !!!...the general reaction to this car design has been positive, most of your comments here are the exception to the popular opinion, go figure that ! I understand what your saying as it looks a bit "wired out" to me too, but if your serious about selling cars today, you need to understand why I say what I have here. No offense to your opinions, but there is a big market today that this design has appeal towards & your not taking that into account, IMO. In most cases I value the comments you all make but....

Now if you can accept that understanding and offer some actual constructive & realistic responses or advice to define the elements of This Design, I would be interested. The cute commentary here while entertaining and actually a few were pretty funny, it has no value in a real world manner. The scoops and vents are all there for specific purposes, as the twin turbos required seperate intakes and the IC as well, plus the engine bay itself has to be cooled as thats alot of heat generated for a car that size and speed, the front wheel vent is to release some of that heat and the back grille acts as an air diffuser, and allows cooling of the exhaust piping as well, which is expected to be quite hot with such a power plant. Also the rear wing is needed with the convertible to reinforce the down force to the rear wheels, as this car would have over 600 hp !

So those are the Reasons the car looks the way it does, it is all for function, not just a strange style for the sake of being different. That is also the definition today of a "Muscle Car"

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Hmm, I just call it as I see it.

There's only one Chevy badge, and it was designed by Chevy. The license plate is a license plate, it's easily interchangeable. The wheels are unchanged from the original picture, as is the interior from what I can see. And the concept's side scoops look great, the added on one is just that.. added on. Doesn't look good to me.

I was being blatantly sarcastic. I guess I should've put a smiley in there. I was just trying to find the good things. Those were the only i could find :rolleyes:

Here's some constructive criticism...work on the quality of your chops and make it look less like Rice.

Most of your chops are very sloppy in the details and the "body kits" you add not only makes them look liek Rice, but it maks them look fat, bloated, and with no real world ability to clear anything bigger than a pebble.

LMAO...you all seem a bit out of touch with the reasons that toyota has such sucess in the market, the fact is that even GM now has an in house advanced vehicle accessories group to allow customers to order unique and custom versions of various models, built right off the factory line. This is no doubt going to also be the case with the Camaro, like it or not. Sure I understand your feelings in that the design is "perfect " as is, but thats not good enough anymore as the trends in the market demand that the cars are available in various configurations. Callaway and others have done the same thing for years with the Corvette, and even dealership like Yenko did mods back in the day to the original Camaro. So that precedent is well established. Tho this edition may not be to your personal taste, the fact that the car can and will be modified to suit other styles different from the original form makes it a success overall in the marketplace.

Now my take on this design is yeah it has a WTF look to it, done on purpose to identify this custom version as just that, a unique and exclusive custom car that can be ordered direct as a new car. The more versions of the new Camaro GM sells the better chance of this car sticking around instead of going on hiatus for another decade !!!!

Get up with it boys, the future is here and we don't all have to like it !!!...the general reaction to this car design has been positive, most of your comments here are the exception to the popular opinion, go figure that ! I understand what your saying as it looks a bit "wired out" to me too, but if your serious about selling cars today, you need to understand why I say what I have here. No offense to your opinions, but there is a big market today that this design has appeal towards & your not taking that into account, IMO. In most cases I value the comments you all make but....

Now if you can accept that understanding and offer some actual constructive & realistic responses or advice to define the elements of This Design, I would be interested. The cute commentary here while entertaining and actually a few were pretty funny, it has no value in a real world manner. The scoops and vents are all there for specific purposes, as the twin turbos required seperate intakes and the IC as well, plus the engine bay itself has to be cooled as thats alot of heat generated for a car that size and speed, the front wheel vent is to release some of that heat and the back grille acts as an air diffuser, and allows cooling of the exhaust piping as well, which is expected to be quite hot with such a power plant. Also the rear wing is needed with the convertible to reinforce the down force to the rear wheels, as this car would have over 600 hp !

So those are the Reasons the car looks the way it does, it is all for function, not just a strange style for the sake of being different. That is also the definition today of a "Muscle Car"

Man I can appreciate your will to continue making your so called art, despite our general hatred for this deisgn. But in reading your post I've come to the conclusion that you don't know a thing about car design. All of your chops have the same blurry look to them, some more than others....this is one of your "clearer" designs. You put stupid, ugly, none production like body kits on every damn chop you do. You always find a clean simple design and manage to rice it out with gaudy $h! that I can't see anyone in their right mind wanting to have on their car. You want praise on this site, at the very least try to come up with production designs, clean chops that are rich in details and don't look like they were finger painted. I'm sorry if I come off as a jerk, but I'm speaking the truth....no one is interested in designs like this, we're not a GM fantasy site, we're a GM and automotive news board. Our members who take part in designing cars, base them on existing cars and trucks to look as close to production as possible. You don't, and if the designs were good you would fair better here, but more times than not they just plain suck. Your Riviera concept got praise because it was pretty nice....we don't hate just to hate....We're very paticular in our tastes and want to see everyone's best. Get with it man, you've been here long enough to know the way this site runs.

Edited by Captainbooyah

I was being blatantly sarcastic. I guess I should've put a smiley in there. I was just trying to find the good things. Those were the only i could find :rolleyes:

haha Good, alright...

hahahaha! You guys make me laugh my mother f****** ass off!

Man I can appreciate your will to continue making your so called art, despite our general hatred for this deisgn. But in reading your post I've come to the conclusion that you don't know a thing about car design. All of your chops have the same blurry look to them, some more than others....this is one of your "clearer" designs. You put stupid, ugly, none production like body kits on every damn chop you do. You always find a clean simple design and manage to rice it out with gaudy $h! that I can't see anyone in their right mind wanting to have on their car. You want praise on this site, at the very least try to come up with production designs, clean chops that are rich in details and don't look like they were finger painted. I'm sorry if I come off as a jerk, but I'm speaking the truth....no one is interested in designs like this, we're not a GM fantasy site, we're a GM and automotive news board. Our members who take part in designing cars, base them on existing cars and trucks to look as close to production as possible. You don't, and if the designs were good you would fair better here, but more times than not they just plain suck. Your Riviera concept got praise because it was pretty nice....we don't hate just to hate....We're very paticular in our tastes and want to see everyone's best. Get with it man, you've been here long enough to know the way this site runs.

I appreciate what your saying, BUT....and I guess this is the difference, I am NOT looking to make production cars of standard models for GM, rather CUSTOM cars for Individual Clients, That is what I do, yes, they are based upon GM models,but I am not a auto company, nor do I pretend to be so. I figure GM has the right designers to make production cars, but the off the wall one of a kind, limited edition stuff they are too big to build for the custom car market. Thats where we come in. The designs ARE eccentric, different and somewhat impractical INTENTIONALLY. But not all of them are so extreme, as you pointed out. Take what I do for what it is intended to be, we are just getting this area of development under way for real, so the designs WILL be produced and in that respect I am open to listen if you can reorient your comments to Our Purpose, which is not specifically Production Cars for GM to build. We are making these cars one at a time.

Here is another point to consider as well...in a recent interview on Autoline Detroit the head of global Engineering for GM stated that styling was the #1 factor in all new GM cars, and that in spite of having a line of sight on the other car companies models that GM designers are going past what is expected in order to stay ahead of the curve, into what he called "an uncomfortable zone" with the designs. He said this is the key to advancing and selling GM cars today !!!

post-1820-1185146590_thumb.jpg

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Are you saying that you take people's real cars and modify them just like how you chop them?

Are you saying that you take people's real cars and modify them just like how you chop them?

YES. I am limited to hand laid forming, as I don't have C&C equipment and I am not going to get into all the government regulations to build a car like Saleen or somebody like that, so pretty much we are doing front & rear clips, and side body kits that can be turned into body molds in fiberglass and bolted on to a production car. To do the performance stuff I have a shop do the bolt on stuff there, all of this does not void the warranty, tho I have to stay within limits there to insure that.

We offer these "Art Car" designs as dealer options and as custom parts that can be bought as a kit. This all done under a license with GM to fit the specific cars we choose to give this type of treatment. We also do kits for non GM cars, but GM is our main focus at my studio. Some of the designs are more involved than others but the simple bolt on stuff is the mainstay of our efforts for now. Most of them are easy enough to install at a dealership or at a body shop in a few hours, others require further time and effort.

We also do complete custom cars, from any car as a base. These are one of a kind show cars, hot rods and street cars for clients. They are all based upon the "chops" as seen here and on my website. This is a recent direction we have started this year, although it was always our intent to do this as an element of the business, in addition to our artwork sales.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead