Flybrian

SPY SHOTS! 2009 Lincoln MKS

24 posts in this topic

SPY SHOTS! 2009 Lincoln MKS
More details emerge for Ford’s new luxury gamble
Posted Image
by Hans Lehmann/Hidden Image | Link to Original Article @ TCC | (2007-07-17)

In January 2006,Lincoln showed the MKS concept car, which they announced would arrive at dealers in spring 2008 as a 2009 model. Now, the latest prototypes of the MKS have been spotted during hot-weather testing in Death Valley.

Despite the disguise on front and rear ends, the production MKS' close relationship to the concept car is evident. Some phony panels at the rear of the roofline disguise its shape but the proportions and even some concept details have emerged intact to this point. The big chrome wheels and door handles in particular keep the classy look.

The MKS' engine will be a 4.4-liter V-8 with 315 horsepower, teamed to a six-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive. Inside, the car will feature the latest luxury touches including heated and cooled leather seats, a panoramic glass roof, a navigation system, and Bluetooth.

I hope they made the tail lights wider so they don't look like they were stolen from an Aurora.

Six speed auto & AWD.... is this MXSCMSM going to have a transverse mounted motor?

Sounds intriguing. But I don't remember the concept. Hopefully it's something that generates enough interest in Lincoln that they will make something ballsier.

Sounds intriguing. But I don't remember the concept. Hopefully it's something that generates enough interest in Lincoln that they will make something ballsier.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Its a lovely car (in its concept form). I saw it last year in person, and it looks very good. Much better than in pictures. The styling is a little derivative, but its modern and luxurious.

The spy shot looks very close to the concept. :thumbsup:

First they say it will have the Yamaha 4.4L V8.

Then they say it will have the TwinForce 3.7L V6.

Now they say the Yamaha again.

I get they feeling they're gonna offer both engines at some point, which will not be a bad idea.

I like the profile. Looks like a 22" "concept car" wheel on it though, the front 3/4 angle shows a more realistic tire size.

Pretty clean looking IMO as far as overall shape.

Six speed auto & AWD.... is this MXSCMSM going to have a transverse mounted motor?

I would assume so..isn't it on the same platform as the Five Hundred/Taurus/Montego/Sable/various Volvos?

:lovey: :lovey: :lovey: those wheels....

I do also..I like the 5-spoke overlaying another 5-spoke design.

Posted Image

Looks great in profile...although are those realistic proportions?

If they can fix teh front and the back (it's worst angles) it should be good.

This is good and all but I'm waiting for the MKR.

This on again/off again V8 issue is getting old. How many times is this going to be disputed?

i think igor said this thing gets the v6 only. i thought the v8 was put to pasture long ago.

If that's their flagship, not going above a V6 would be the dummy move. Better at least slap some forced induction on it or something.

I like the styling of the car, but there's nothing about it that says Lincoln other than the grille. The MKR is a much more interesting design.

TCC is wrong on the powertrain. It will be getting either a DI 3.5 or 3.7L making 300-330 hp.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/11/2009-li...ion-of-gdi-v-6/

Edited by mustang84

The MKR isn't gonna be built (killed with the Interceptor, remember?). I think Lincoln said that that grille was gonna make its way over to the MKS, though.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor