Where Was It Built

All right guys, I've got a bit of a different take on the trivia deal we have here. Where were your vehicles built? Is the plant your vehicle was built at still in production? If not, what was the last vehicle the plant produced?

I know that this one might not be the easiest, but considering what most of all of us know about our own rides, this could prove interesting.

'76 Chevrolet C-10: Lakewood, GA (unfortunately, I don't know the fate of this plant)

'01 Chevrolet Impala: Oshawa, Ontario

'05 Chevy Cobalt: (Honestly, I don't remember where the 'balt was assembled, but I do know the plant is still producing)

All right y'all, lets see how much you know about your own assembly points, or maybe youse guys can help me with mine...

Rest of the vehicles in my "fleet":

2003 Olds Alero

1997 Jeep Wrangler

1992 Chevy C1500

1989 Chevy S10 Blazer

2003 Chevy S10 crew cab

1931 Ford Model A

1966 International LoadStar 1600

'04 Silverado : Flint MI : in production, (1947-present).

'94 F-150 : Norfolk VA : inactive, (1925-2007).

'64 Grand Prix : Pontiac MI : closed (gone??) Years are unclear- is this the same plant that Reliable was moved into from Owasso? Or is the same Pontiac plant, then the world's largest, built in 1927? I do not know when production shut down here- anyone??

'64 Catalina : Linden NJ : inactive, (1937-2005).

'59 Invicta : Wilmington : in production, (1947-present), building Solstice/Skys.

'40 Ford COE : plant unknown- no vehicle code. Closest plant to the COE's purchaser (Standard Oil of Elizabeth NJ) would've been Chester PA (1927-1961).

1998 Firehawk: St Therese,Canada plant now flattened

2004 GTO: Elizabeth, Australia plant active

2005 Silverado: Pontiac Assembly Active?

I'd have to check on the rest.

1985 Maserati Biturbo

1979 Jaguar XJ6L: Coventry England and active?

1977 El Camino

1977 Chevelle wagon

1977 El Camino (parts car)

1988 V2500 crew cab

'05 Chevy Cobalt: Lordstown, OH (running)

2003 Olds Alero: Lansing, MI (closed)

1997 Jeep Wrangler: Toledo, OH (closed, production moved across town)

1992 Chevy C1500: One of five or six plants

1989 Chevy S10 Blazer: One of two or three plants

2003 Chevy S10 crew cab: Shreveport, LA (running)

1931 Ford Model A: One of a number of plants, most are closed

1966 International LoadStar 1600: Could be one of a few plants...some are still operating.

Three of my vehicles were built in plants that are still operating. My MG was built in Abingdon, England...where a McDonald's now stands.

Edited by Hudson

1988 Oldsmobile 88: Willow Run Michigan plant. Don't know if it's still active.

1985 Oldsmobile 98: Oshwa Canada Plant. Still chugging out cars.

1989 Buick Park Avenue: Oshwa Canada Plant. Still chugging out cars.

Willow Run is not making vehicles. Are you sure that the other two were built in Oshawa?

Of course my current fleet are produced in active plants:

- 2005 GMC Envoy - Morraine, OH

- 2007 Saturn SKY - Wilmington, DE

- 2007 Saturn AURA - Fairfax, KS

My previous vehicles:

*2004 Chevrolet Malibu LT - Fairfax, KS

*2003 Buick Rendezvous CX - Ramos, Mexico (not sure?)

*2001 GMC Sonoma Highrider - Shreveport, LA

*2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Fairfax, KS not sure?

*1999 Pontiac Grand AM GT1 - Lansing, MI (not sure?)

*1995 Pontiac Trans AM - St. Theresa, Canada

*1992 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 - Lordstown, OH

*1978 Chevrolet Camaro LT - no clue!!!

I'm still wondering about the life of the Georgia plant that built my '76.... Anyone know how I could research that one?

General Motors, Lakewood Assembly Plant, Lakewood, GA was closed sometime in the 90's but I don't remember when, however here are some facts about the destruction and a few pics.

Multi discipline project included environmental remediation, decommissioning and demolition of this 2,600,000 sf automotive assembly plant near Atlanta, GA. Project generated approximately 30,000 tons of steel and over 2,000,000 pounds of non-ferrous metals.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Don't thank me, the smile on your face is enough! :P

General Motors, Lakewood Assembly Plant, Lakewood, GA was closed sometime in the 90's but I don't remember when, however here are some facts about the destruction and a few pics.

Multi discipline project included environmental remediation, decommissioning and demolition of this 2,600,000 sf automotive assembly plant near Atlanta, GA. Project generated approximately 30,000 tons of steel and over 2,000,000 pounds of non-ferrous metals.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Don't thank me, the smile on your face is enough! :P

When was that plant built?