SPY SHOTS! 2010 Saturn AURA

Looks like a bloated pig. Very Altima/Passat-like. They can't change it now, but whatever. It makes today's model look blocky. Just don't bring a coupe or RL, b/c that would just set up the Death of Pontiac. And the low tail is ugly looking, remindds of the Monte Carlo, RIP.

I love it! Looks as if hewn from a single sheet of metal. That is beautiful!

I think it looks great! Keep up the good work GM! I can't believe that I would actually consider driving a Saturn. This division's turnaround effort is stunning. If GM can work this kind of magic with their other brands, then they should be well on their way to a full recovery.

Its also nice to know that they won't let the Aura linger on for years and become irrelevant in the market place. The current car is great, but GM has had the practice of letting a design stay around too long in the past. They must keep looking to the future and attempt to surpass the competition if they want their turnaround to be taken seriously. This spy shot shows the public that maybe they have learned some lessons from their past mistakes.

When will the NG LaCrosse spyshots start showing up??!??

Anyways... The Aura looks good!

Should be soon, it starts production ~8 months before the Aura.

Looks very nice but by 2010 everyone will have moved on they need that car next year or at most to be out by January 2009 but good luck to that.

SORP is ~Oct 2009.

Looks very nice but by 2010 everyone will have moved on they need that car next year or at most to be out by January 2009 but good luck to that.

Come on everyone be honest.....that car could make an impact now but in 2.5 years......lets be real.

The Camry just remodeled in 2007.

The Accord is about to be remodeled in 2008.

The Altima just remodeled in 2007.

No... the competition will not have moved on by CY2009. Those products will have aged some which will actually give the Aura a sporting chance.

The new Aura will be on Epsilon II which is believed to support AWD... So, the Aura will still be ahead of the game in 2009 compared to the competition.

Wow, there's a lot of negative things being said here, but I think it looks pretty good. It does look a bit BMW-ish, but that's good, it's supposed to be an import fighter.

And what is this nonsense about needing this sooner? The current model went on sale last year, 2010 puts it on about a 4-year cycle which is actually a bit fast and didn't the current model just win the NACOTY?

Edited by Windy-57

Anybody else see the 2000-05 Pontiac Bonneville in the rear quarter windows? I guess I prefer the classy, stately current Aura to the jelly beaned-style of the GTC coupe concept/what we see here.

I'm with all of you who wish it was here now. It would compete nicely with the Altima, its better than the camry (anything is), and even the NG Accord. But in 2-3 years... I just hope they keep future product cycles as short as this one and have another all-new (3rd gen)Aura by 2013

As an owner of the current AURA, I'm not too impressed with this new design direction. I'll withhold my judgment until a more production-like photo is shown though.

Agreed. The current car has a taut, crispness to it where this car has a similar theme, but as if someone blew into the tailpipe and bulged it out in spaces. Kinda bloated, and with an apparently not as elegant rear...I'm thinking Camry/BMW.

But, I'll wait and see until camo is gone, etc., for a full review. One thing, though, if the interior is really better (i.e., current car not bad, but still not where it should be, even compared to other GM's), that would be a big improvement. That, and whatever happens to the powertrains.

It's actually on the SWB version of Epsilon2, so it's probably smaller.

I like the looks so far, except the front overhang is a bit long.

Not necessarily. The new Malibu is bigger that the model it is replacing and the next one on the LWB EPII will be even bigger. SWB EPII should be close to the same size as the current Aura.