Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

GM Triplets: Bravada, Envoy , Trailblazer

15 posts in this topic

It was a nice little enthusiast's tribute to the "triplets". I'm puzzled though by the inclusion of the Bravada (1998-2000) picture showing it being crushed by the medium/heavy duty truck. I wonder if the owner survived? Sure doesn't look like they did :unsure:

I loooooove these trucks (SUVs), LOVE them. 90% of the reason is their

perfect size and smooth-as-glass, bulletproof, quiet & powerful INLINE 6.

The current generation was great when it was introduced (aside from the early flurry of recalls), but in typical GM fashion, these did not have adequate upgrades over their lifetime. Why did they not get a desparately needed interior upgrade? Or at least get the upgrades of the Saab 9-7x version.

Tomorrow at 2pm I have a dude coming in to buy a navy blue TB SS.

He's been mulling the purchase over for like 8 days, says he's ready

to pull the triggger and buy tomorrow. I hope, It's a $200 comission.

And yes, even the regualr I6 powered TB hauls ass!!!

Edited by Sixty8panther

I like the Saab the 9-7x the most, but the Bravada was my favorite previously. I still wonder why the Atlas I6 was never used in anything but these. It's a great engine.

I almost bought one of the last Bravadas. It was one of the few suv's I really liked. I liked it because of the Eighty Eight front end and the very luxurious interior and features it had equal to a Ninety Eight. The thing that turned me off was gas mileage.

My 04 TB has been a perfect vehicle. In the 2 1/2 years I've had it the only problem was an oxygen sensor that was replaced under warranty.

I did get to dice it up against a TB SS about a month ago. The driver didn't know to read the traffic ahead and drove the left lane on an expressway under construction (big mistake). I always take the center lane and can move left or right to get around slow drivers. The SS knew he was beaten when I got about a mile ahead, but it sure sounded sweet when he passed me on a side street after we both got off the expressway.

As much as I would like to make the SS my next vehicle, I can't afford to stop for gas as often as an SS driver does.

My 04 TB has been a perfect vehicle. In the 2 1/2 years I've had it the only problem was an oxygen sensor that was replaced under warranty.

:withstupid:

My 2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4wd has been pretty flawless too. The first warranty repair was for the passenger front window; it came off track two days after we brought it home (and has not had a problem since the repair two years ago). The next two warranty issues were for the passenger's side rear door and the driver's side rear door weatherstripping. It contains a metal piece inside that bends and is supposed to grab onto the body and stay in place; mine needed some "adhesive" to remain there, and the Service Writer said that it has been one of the most common problems they've had to address on all of their serviced Envoys. I will admit that this past weekend I heard a noise that sounds like a squeaky belt in the engine bay; I will call to have it checked out soon. But these are the only warranty issues I've had in almost two years! I say that these tuck-based SUVs are pretty well put together.

I know this opinion is worthless to GM, but I feel that the Olds Bravada is the most attractive of all the GMT360s.

I know this opinion is worthless to GM, but I feel that the Olds Bravada is the most attractive of all the GMT360s.

You don't like the Buick Rainier? All GM did was take the Bravada body and put a Buick grille on it. I myself prefer the GMC Envoy and it is on my shopping list for the Equinox replacement in about 11 months.

More than that, the Rainier had different headlamps, taillamps, front fascia, front bumper, wheels, among other details.

It was as different from the Bravada as the Saab is...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0