Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

GM Scores Well In JD Power Survey

7 posts in this topic

Jaguar tops Power Customer Service Index

Jim Henry

Automotive News

July 19, 2007 - 11:01 am

Jaguar dealerships may not be selling many cars these days. But they are wowing U.S. service customers, as Jaguar is the top brand in this year's Customer Service Index from J.D. Power and Associates.

Lexus Division, which led last year's study, dropped into a tie for third with Cadillac. Buick was No. 2 in the 2007 study, which Power released today.

The CSI study measures customers' satisfaction with their dealership service experiences. Jaguar also was No. 1 in Power's 2006 Sales Satisfaction Index, which measures customer satisfaction with the sales experience.

In the first six months of 2007, Jaguar's U.S. sales were down 27.4 percent from the year-ago period. But Tom Gauer, Power's senior director of automotive retail research, said Jaguar's top performance in the service and sales studies could stimulate a turnaround.

Other brands in the top 10 of this year's Customer Service Index, in order: Mercury, Saturn, Mini, Lincoln, Pontiac and Infiniti.

The bottom five brands: Isuzu, Suzuki, Volkswagen, Land Rover and Jeep.

Power based the 2007 study on responses compiled between January and April from 84,495 owners and lease customers of cars and trucks built for the 2004 to 2006 model years.

JD

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Only 3 foreign cars in the top 11?

Woah.

I'm surprised about Mini.... not that it's there... but that BMW isn't along side of it because they're mostly sold in the same dealers.

Only 3 foreign cars in the top 11?

Woah.

I'm surprised about Mini.... not that it's there... but that BMW isn't along side of it because they're mostly sold in the same dealers.

This is good news for GM...! Hope they capitalize on it......

The results are weird though....I wonder how much of it is a result of how satisfied people are with the kind of car they have? For example we expect Lexus to be at or near the top of the list....and Buick's strong showing is I'm sure a result of Buick's typical customer base being extremely loyal...

Whereas someone that bought a Suzuki most likely did because it was the only car they could get "bought" in.....

The Jaguar dealers must really bend over backwards for their customers because they are always in this list....... though after meeting a few of their local salesmen...bending over backwards seems to be a hobby of theirs.

Edited by Oldsmoboi

This is good news for GM...! Hope they capitalize on it......

The results are weird though....I wonder how much of it is a result of how satisfied people are with the kind of car they have? For example we expect Lexus to be at or near the top of the list....and Buick's strong showing is I'm sure a result of Buick's typical customer base being extremely loyal...

Whereas someone that bought a Suzuki most likely did because it was the only car they could get "bought" in.....

Too sad it will end up in the back of the annals of their advertising agencies. NEVER to be seen again.

Toyota was below average on the list...

GM actually got a positive note from Consumer Reports too... thats the one my dad reads like a bible

so we'll see its a year or two away but if consumer says the new malibu is better then the camry... its about time to replace it... so if i can convince my dad to by an american car... it'll be his first in about 30 years

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room