Flybrian

SPY SHOTS! 2008 Mazda6

19 posts in this topic

SPY SHOTS! 2008 Mazda6
Link to Original Article and More Photos @ Autoblog
Link to Photos of 4cyl version @ Winding Road

A year ago we brought you pictures of Mazda 6 test mules, but this batch are real prototypes and it’s obvious that the all-new Mazda 6 is quickly approaching production.

Based on a modified CD3 platform - known as CD3-2 - the new Mazda 6 will be sharing its platform with the European Ford Mondeo, as well as the Fusion and its siblings.

We’re expecting the all-new Mazda 6 to arrive in time for the 2008 model year, although it will likely reach dealership late in 2007. It's expected to measure-in about 2-inches longer (with a 2-inch longer wheelbase) and a tad bit wider. Sources tell us to expect it to be powered by Ford's 3.5-liter V6, as well a 180-horsepower 4-cylinder powerplant, and all-wheel-drive will be offered as an option. A hybrid, as well as a Mazdaspeed version, will eventually follow.

Additionally, there will be no wagon or hatchback version of the next 6 in the US market. So, get them while they're here.

Why is Ford axing all it's wagons and hatches for us? First the Focus, now the 6... are they afraid of them stealing crossover sales?

i'm sure they will bring the hatch in time. 2 years maybe. dont wanna steal cx-7 sales.

interior is too previous gen altima and the overall shape is too blobbish. however, the mondeo choassis and 35 duratec will be huge crowd pleasers. i expect this thing to be at the top of the heap in comparos as far as handling and driving fun.

Edited by regfootball

I can't wait to see it without the camo. I think this redesign will set the pace for the next generation of "Zoom Zoom" vehicles (since we are getting ripped off by not having the new Mazda2 in the U.S.).

I thought the 6 was a Mazda, not a Nissan. <_<

Interesting...looks pretty good so far.

no hatch is stupid.

was never crazy about the looks of the wagon, and I don't see a ton of them, but the hatch is great. large opening/storage for big loads but still has the hot looks of the sedan and I've seen a ton of'em

Negatory. No hatch or wagon at all.

bad move. the hatch is a nice option they simply did not push.

so it really is a motive to protect the cx-7 in the showroom then. maybe they will give the cx-7 a v6 it deserves then.

Edited by regfootball

bad move. the hatch is a nice option they simply did not push.

so it really is a motive to protect the cx-7 in the showroom then. maybe they will give the cx-7 a v6 it deserves then.

Seriously Ford should focus on real sales not nitch sales. The hatch/wagon sold a small percentage of the overall sales and probably did not make much over the cost of designing and producing them.

no hatch is stupid.

was never crazy about the looks of the wagon, and I don't see a ton of them, but the hatch is great. large opening/storage for big loads but still has the hot looks of the sedan and I've seen a ton of'em

The fastback and the wagon looked BETTER than the sedan.

And it is silly to drop the fastback, as that model is a longtime part of the 626/6/Capella heritage.

Must the entire car market homogenize into crossovers and four-door sedans? Death of variety, for real.

Coupes, wagons, hatches, fastbacks, and real vans keep the planet interesting.

That interior looks kinda cool :)

MAZDA6 Sports Sedan & 5-Door*

The MAZDA6 set new standards for performance, driver appeal and styling when it was launched four years ago. As a vehicle that married sports performance with refinement and practicality, it has proven a huge sales success and picked up more than 70 awards for automotive excellence.

For 2008, the MAZDA6 gets even better with a new standard Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), BOSE ® stereo system (Touring models) and 17-inch alloy wheels (i Sport models).

New or enhanced for 2008:

* Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) standard on all models

* Standard BOSE ® stereo system (Touring models)

* Standard 17-inch alloy wheels (i Sport models)

* New exterior colors – Volcanic Red (4-door model) and Silver Metallic

* Standard security alarm system (Sport VE and Touring)

*To better meet customer demands for the MAZDA6 Sports Sedan and 5-Door, the MAZDA6 Sport Wagon will be discontinued for the 2008 model year.

*To better meet customer demands for the MAZDA6 Sports Sedan and 5-Door, the MAZDA6 Sport Wagon will be discontinued for the 2008 model year.

Read that as no one buys that dud from Mazda.

MAZDA6 Sports Sedan & 5-Door*

The MAZDA6 set new standards for performance, driver appeal and styling when it was launched four years ago. As a vehicle that married sports performance with refinement and practicality, it has proven a huge sales success and picked up more than 70 awards for automotive excellence.

For 2008, the MAZDA6 gets even better with a new standard Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), BOSE ® stereo system (Touring models) and 17-inch alloy wheels (i Sport models).

New or enhanced for 2008:

* Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) standard on all models

* Standard BOSE ® stereo system (Touring models)

* Standard 17-inch alloy wheels (i Sport models)

* New exterior colors – Volcanic Red (4-door model) and Silver Metallic

* Standard security alarm system (Sport VE and Touring)

so there will be a hatch afterall? SWEET!

where'd you find that?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead