Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Okay, who else here was up at 12:01 AM, waiting outside (or inside) for the latest edition of the Harry Potter series??? I will admit that I was just as interested in it as my 13 y-o stepson is. I was just fine waiting until Saturday morning to go and pick up a copy from the local Target, but the main town next to me (Mount Holly) had a "Harry Potter" party in their historical village shops and I figured my money would be better spent keeping a small mom & pop bookstore alive, rather than lining another Big Box's coiffers. Anyone else here get one at midnight, or planning to get one soon?

I hate Harry Pothead...mainly because it became an over-hyped fad...I read the first book and thought it was alright, but that was before.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan either. I read the first book, and a quarter of the second, but then 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City' came out... 8)

However, it gets children reading, and that's a good thing.

I'd love a 1976 New Yorker.... the last of the 4dr hardtops. :wub:

I'd love a 1976 New Yorker.... the last of the 4dr hardtops. :wub:

Same here...I've been looking at them a lot recently...and they have the most comfortably looking, big seats I've seen in a car. Even bigger looking that seats in a Cadillac from the time.

Agreed. The 1976 Cadillacs had nothing on the New Yorker in terms of style.

I should have bought that 1978 (440 powered of course) New Yorker that

was in the WantAd last year, it looked MINT, under 100K miles & $2K o.b.o.

...then again there's only so many cars a broke 28 year old kid can buy! :P

Shapely bumpers, rear 1/4s and a nose that puts a Lincoln to shame.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Okay, who else here was up at 12:01 AM, waiting outside (or inside) for the latest edition of the Harry Potter series??? I will admit that I was just as interested in it as my 13 y-o stepson is. I was just fine waiting until Saturday morning to go and pick up a copy from the local Target, but the main town next to me (Mount Holly) had a "Harry Potter" party in their historical village shops and I figured my money would be better spent keeping a small mom & pop bookstore alive, rather than lining another Big Box's coiffers. Anyone else here get one at midnight, or planning to get one soon?

Well, I had to wait in line for an hour and a half, so not technically at midnight, but yeah, I got it last night.

And as of an hour ago, I finished it. Great book.

I've seen all of the movies but I have to admit that I haven't read any of the books. I've heard that the books contain a lot more than the movies. I do enjoy reading and maybe I'll read them someday, but that particular series just isn't high on my list.

I am a huge fan of the series.

It's a such a unique premise but it also contains and links many aspects of norish and aurthurian legend as well as other greek tales. It is witty and eterical and contains a number of themes that are directly relatable to modern day rights and morality issues and it promotes friendship, love and self sacrifice.

Reasons aside I will now provide spoilers for thos who want them

Scroll down then Highlight test below to read:

Harry, Ron and Hermione all live.

Voldemort dies.

Wormtail, Bellatrix, Crabbe die.

Fred Weasley, Hedwig, Dobby, Madeye, Lupin, Tonks, Colin Creavey, Snape die.

Snape was good

Harry and Ginny get married.

Ron and Hermione get married

Those are the bassic who lives who dies who gets married and was snape good or bad answered. I really like the last book though there were some details she promised left out of it. It was well written and had really developed some charcters that have been neglected in the last book or two.