The cars we saw on Vacation... UPDATE WITH 66 PHOTOS!

gm4life

First let me explain myself. I have been gone for the past two weeks on a trip to Oregon and Northern Cali. We saw the coast and the Redwoods. I am still getting my photos from the trip onto the pc total of 2,500 photos! :rolleyes: Its me keep in mind. I will be posting some of the rentals I saw mostly GM but there were a few things that stuck out...

Some lucky bastards got to rent Impala SS's thats right a 303hp rental car, for the price of renting a regular LS model. To the company it is still an Impala lol. I also saw just one rental Grand Prix GXP. But for my tally. Will start off with GM stuff.

These are bar coded rentals, not people that own or lease "there" own car.

Impala LS/LT/LTZ - about 50

Impala SS - 5 (couldn't believe it!)

Grand Prix Base - 25

Grand Prix GT - 8

Grand Prix GXP - 1

Cobalt LS/LT - 50

Cobalt SS - ZERO

HHR - 7

G6 Base/V6 - 15

G6 GT/GTP - 5

Buick Lucerne - ZERO

Cadillac DTS - 3

Trailblazer - 2

Uplanders - 12 (trust me might have been more hard to tell with tint)

Vibe - 4

That is all the GM stuff I really saw...

Now for Toyota...

Camry - 25

Prius - 15 (they really are fleeting 'em!)

Corolla - 32

Matrix - 2

Side note saw countless new Turd's in Oregon and in Idaho too. Also Utah was a hot spot for Turd's. But once into WY, NE, and Iowa the numbers went down to almost none. Gosh they are ugly. Everyone I saw got the bird but not so the owner/driver could see it. Toyota is really fleeting and I can't wait to watch the re-sale value drop! I saw alot of new Silvys, Tahoes, Subs, Yukons, Escalades, Serrias and many new Silverado HD's which made me happy! I saw many non-fleet Camry Hybrids and LE's guess who was in them people above 60! :pokeowned: So much for being the young hip brand. Save that for Scion right. Saw old farts in xA's and xB's too. I even saw one new xB and it was ugly! :censored:

Thats all for now. More info and photos to follow!

Edited by gm4life

Not really a vacation, but I did a nice little Northern Colorado loop (about 200 miles round trip) on Saturday...drove up to Ft Collins to visit a friend for breakfast, then over to Estes Park and down to Boulder for lunch then on home...some great twisty road driving in the M3 on US 34 and 36.

I counted 25 Priuses (very popular in Boulder)... saw 2 Insights (don't see those often)... a number of bar-coded rental Auras and a couple G6 convertibles. Lots of rental cars in the Estes Park / Rocky Mtn National Park area.. I saw a couple M5s (an E39 and a newer one).....

As far as oldies, I saw a sharp silver blue '64 Caddy 4dr ht, a goregous dark green '71 Buick Centurion convertible, a clean white '68 Mustang coupe, a clean white '68 Cougar, and a very clean red '69-70 Suburban.

That sounds like a fun trip... I've been to Oregon just on short trips, mostly in Portland. I want to take a couple of weeks some summer and drive out from Denver through Idaho to Oregon and Washington, sight see and visit friends there, then drive down the coast to see friends in the SF area then either back across the 80 or on down the coast to LA then back to Denver via Vegas....but I'll need a convertible for that trip, I think.

Believe me, the significant drop in GM rental sales pisses me off to the extent that its getting hard to rent a GM vehicle that's not an Express van. I love GM, but not quite that much. However, I did take one for the team a few months ago and convinced my father to get an Uplander van over another Murano.

Summer vacation? Uh, lets see... Astra, S-MAX, C-MAX, Galaxy, Mondeo, Focus ST, C30, Vectra, Meriva, 120d, Zafira, Tigra, Qashqai, C1, C2, C3, C4, C6, 207, 206, 307, 407, 607, 1007, Brera, 159, A2, A5, Captiva, Antara, 599 GTB, Cee'd, F-RV, H-RV, 520d, S280, A170, B200, Micra, Almera, Primera, 25, 45, 75, fortwo, forfour, Fabia, Superb, Octavia, Roomster, Rodius, Corsa...

Yeah.

Edited by empowah

I was in Rocky Mt. in 2005 with my new then Bonneville SLE, someone said nice rental car. How did you get an SLE. I said its mine. Oh I thought Bonneville's were almost always rental's, and laughed said not this one. Ass-whip. I am working on the photos right now.

I am working on the photos right now. They should be in 5 or 6 next posts.

Edited by gm4life

All those pics. of booooooring modern FWD cars, esp. the tired &

overplayed W-bodys and not ONE photo of a classic car? :(

All those pics. of booooooring modern FWD cars, esp. the tired &

overplayed W-bodys and not ONE photo of a classic car? :(

It does seem odd that one would take pics of all those regular, everyday cars.. I usually take one pic of my rental car when I'm on a trip, but that's it for the ordinary.

I like taking photos of anything. You must keep in mind it was all when I had my camera out. The GTO shot was look and the guy driving it has a HUGE smile on his face as Northies noticed. I was waiting for someone to catch that. The huge smile doesn't suprise me.

Of course DF is referring to my crazy obsession of taking pics of every

pre-1980s Peterbilt 379 and Kenworth W900 that we saw on our 4300

mile roadtrip across half the USA. Yes it's weird but to me it's a lot less

boring than half a dozen photos of the same car I see 40 copies of

every single day at my dealership...

Impala SS w/5.3: Booooring. (to each his own)

Of course DF is referring to my crazy obsession of taking pics of every

pre-1980s Peterbilt 379 and Kenworth W900 that we saw on our 4300

mile roadtrip across half the USA. Yes it's weird but to me it's a lot less

boring than half a dozen photos of the same car I see 40 copies of

every single day at my dealership...

Impala SS w/5.3: Booooring. (to each his own)

:P

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search

Change privacy settings