SPY SHOTS! 2009 HUMMER H3T

SPY SHOTS! 2009 HUMMER H3T
Posted Image
Link to Original Article and More Spy Shots @ WorldCarFans

At the Los Angeles Auto Show in Dec. 2003, Hummer showed its H3T concept truck. This was a 2-door pickup targeted at truck enthusiasts who wanted the Hummer image, but in a smaller, pickup truck configuration. Now this concept is making its way to reality as these photos capture a prototype undergoing hot weather testing in Death Valley, California.

The most obvious difference between the concept vehicle H3T and the production model is that the concept was a 2-door, but the prototype shows that the production model will be a 4-door. Completely covered in the prototype is the short pickup truck bed, about 4 feet long, which will probably be outfitted with an optional assortment of locking storage boxes as shown in the concept vehicle.

Engines will probably be a choice of the 242 hp 3.7 liter inline 5-cylinder, or the new 295 hp 5.3 liter V8 as used in the H3 Alpha. The new H3T is expected to be introduced in late 2008 as a 2009 model.

Who cares about the H3T...I don't! Besides this thing is hideous and is no where near the good looking concept it once was. I keep saying this over and over again and I will say it again...bring on the H4 already dammit!!!!

Edited by RJB

Who cares about the H3T...I don't! Besides this thing is hideous and is no where near the good looking concept it once was. I keep saying this over and over again and I will say it again...bring on the H4 already dammit!!!!

absolutely nobody. thats why it will achieve a grand total of 0 sales over its lifetime. :scratchchin:

oh, and why is this in the Cadillac forum?

absolutely nobody. thats why it will achieve a grand total of 0 sales over its lifetime. :scratchchin:

oh, and why is this in the Cadillac forum?

Yes Weird that it is in the Cadillac Forum, But who cares? :blink:

I CARE!!! :ohyeah: This is HOT!!! :ohyeah: I love the H3 and am very excited for this, It will replace my Son's Dakota as my Daughter got the H3 to replace her Durango. Once the Dakota is gone then I am an All GM Family again.!!! :ohyeah:

This Vehicle will Rock and help pick up the Hummer Sales. :yes:

This is just a little off topic, but what happened to the turbo 3.5/3.7 I-5 that was slated for production?

I have a sneaking feeling that if you're disappointed at how far the H3T is from the concept, you're not going to be too happy with the H4. There is no way it will be anything like the dune buggy vehicle we saw.

Same reason why the European Cadillac Sales thread was in the HUMMER forum...I'm RETARDED.

You should have some one take you in and have your timing ADVANCED.

By the way the tailpipe on the rear shot of the H3T looks quite large. Could this be a diesel?

I have a sneaking feeling that if you're disappointed at how far the H3T is from the concept, you're not going to be too happy with the H4. There is no way it will be anything like the dune buggy vehicle we saw.

I don't recall seeing a dune buggy version at any auto show... what vehicle are you talking about (pics)???

I think they are wasting their time with Hummer. They never should have made it a new brand, just made it a GMC Hummer, and done 1 model, like the Toyota with the FJ Cruiser, just one odd ball model.

They cashed in for a couple years, but Hummer sales are something like 20,000 a year now, with high gas, no one is going to buy these things. Sure there is a market, but it is tiny. I'd rather see effort put on the Cobalt, Impala, Camaro, Equinox replacement, smaller than a CTS Cadillac, V12 Cadillac, etc. Anything but more hummers that hardly sell.

I already know I will be happy with the H4 :AH-HA_wink: :AH-HA_wink: That is all I can say about that.

Wow! just what i never asked for a, 35-45k smallish crew cab pickup. Maybe an HHR el camino is next. :scratchchin: Come on i could get a really nice silverado cc cheaper

I totally agree, you could even get saayyy a Colorado/Canyon. Who would of thought of that??!! A small pickup based on the same chassis that can do the same things and has the same engines, and will have the V8 too!! Sweet Jesus what is the world coming to...LOL!

...and you should see how it drives. Beyond bad.

I think they are wasting their time with Hummer. They never should have made it a new brand, just made it a GMC Hummer, and done 1 model, like the Toyota with the FJ Cruiser, just one odd ball model.

They cashed in for a couple years, but Hummer sales are something like 20,000 a year now, with high gas, no one is going to buy these things. Sure there is a market, but it is tiny. I'd rather see effort put on the Cobalt, Impala, Camaro, Equinox replacement, smaller than a CTS Cadillac, V12 Cadillac, etc. Anything but more hummers that hardly sell.

The market is the idiot DA posers here in Vegas who cannot afford an H2. Of course those H2 owners here are just a dumb actaully, all 'new' money, no education and more stupid than a box of rocks.

H1 is a Hummer to me.

H2 and H3 are rebodied GM trucks that make no sense, it's like taking a Tahoe or whatever the H2 is based on and adding weight and increasing price. Or the Canyon/Colorado or whatever the H3 is based on and adding weight and increasing the price.

Square, boxy rebodies.

I just don't get it. Especially at a time when fuel conservation is in people's minds.

H1 is a Hummer to me.

H2 and H3 are rebodied GM trucks that make no sense, it's like taking a Tahoe or whatever the H2 is based on and adding weight and increasing price. Or the Canyon/Colorado or whatever the H3 is based on and adding weight and increasing the price.

Square, boxy rebodies.

I just don't get it. Especially at a time when fuel conservation is in people's minds.

Oh please... the H2 and H3 don't resemble their GM counterparts in any way. The one thing they share is mechanicals. At least GM isn't planning on rolling out car-based Hummers like a certain other company that claims to be "Trail Rated" is doing.

Oh please... the H2 and H3 don't resemble their GM counterparts in any way. The one thing they share is mechanicals.

"Oh please"???

hahaha

Take a look at your response. I wrothe they are REBODIED GM trucks, which they ARE, and which you RESTATED, while somehow disagreeing!

:rolleyes:

They share the "same mechanicals", because they ARE the same mechanicals, and they don't "resemble" the GM trucks because they are REBODIED.

We both said the EXACT SAME THING, yet somehow you "disagree" with what I posted.

:scratchchin:

At least GM isn't planning on rolling out car-based Hummers like a certain other company that claims to be "Trail Rated" is doing.

If you are talking about Jeeps, "trail rated" just means that the vehicle (quote) "has been designed to perform in five categories of off-road conditions: traction, ground clearance, maneuverability, articulation, and water fording."

That description can mean just about anything in my books.

Who cares about the Jeep descriptions, I still say the ORIGINAL Hummer was a real Hummer, the other two are no more than a "kit car" designed to look like a Hummer from the outside. The original GM vehicles they were based on were better in almost every way, mpg, price, weight, you name it. If think it's the percieved appearance of the affluent to have a vehicle LOOK like a Hummer, but not perform like one, so be it. Doesn't impress ME at all, maybe others like the look.

To each their own.

:AH-HA_wink:

You don't think the H2 and H3 can perform like the H1? In some cases, they actually perform better because of their smaller size (mainly the H3). Go look up some videos of the H3 offroading on youtube if you don't believe me. In addition, the H2 and H3 are not totally T800 and T355 underneath. They have lots of modifications to make them better offroad that the other GM trucks don't have.

You don't think the H2 and H3 can perform like the H1? In some cases, they actually perform better because of their smaller size (mainly the H3). Go look up some videos of the H3 offroading on youtube if you don't believe me. In addition, the H2 and H3 are not totally T800 and T355 underneath. They have lots of modifications to make them better offroad that the other GM trucks don't have.

Compare the GM trucks they are BASED ON to the H2 and H3.

Which perform better at a cheaper cost, get better mileage etc? If it's the square boxy look that appeals, then I guess you pay dearly for that look.

A Suzuki 4x4 can outperform many 4x4s in certain situations, but if that Suzuki was twice the price it wouldn't be so appealing, would it?

Most H2 and H3 owners NEVER take them off road in any case. The majority are parking lot queens used by people with "look at me" mentality. They aren't targeted at the serious off roader, and that's because that's not the market that goes after them.

*shrugs*