Seen any hot cars?

Dodgefan pointed out in last month's car spotter's thread that no one posted something for July, so here ya go, folks.

I saw that little lady in the second-gen Corvair coupe once again (it is painted Ford Tractor blue, eeee... but it is still a little sweetie.)

A pristine red Fiero GT V6, for sale. Manual transmission and leather interior. Too bad "serious buyers inquire for price at (301)-..." probably meant it was over my budgetary means.

Also, a silver Delorean at a gas station in Silver Spring.

Went to a car show at the Packard museum last sunday. The two cars that grabbed my attention were not in the show, but in the parking lot. The first I noticed while coming in was a Chrysler/Maserati TC convertible. From a ways away it looks merely like a dressed up LeBaron (and it pretty much is), but it's a truly nice car, especially on the inside.

Upon leaving, my eye was caught by the rear end of a sports car snuggle in between the daily drivers. I did a double take and realized that it was indeed a new Aston Martin V8 Vantage.

Yes. Between yesterday and today I saw a red/white Ford GT, an orange/blue GT500, black Lotus Elise, Viper SRT-10, Torrent GXP, Equinox Sport, and a parking lot full of Cadillac CTS's.

Edited by NOS2006

As far as what I can remember this month:

Nash Metropolitan this week.

A white NEW Saturn VUE earlier this month. Not very fresh in person IMO.

Probably a couple of Ford Model A's parked next to one another one weekend.

Vega wagon seemingly Car Crafted up.

early 60's Ford Galaxie or Mercury Monterey (the kind where the back window rolls down) today (was far from it in the intersection)

Not much out of the ordinary....past months packed much more, but there weren't the Car Spotting posts in sight to talk about them.

A white NEW Saturn VUE earlier this month. Not very fresh in person IMO.

I also saw a white NEW Vue... it was a rental, and that color does make it look BORING! Regardless of that, my sister really liked it!

orange and white 1970 Buick Sun Coupe - original

Polara 426 Max Wedge Car with dual quad cross ram restored to better than original

1977 Trans Am with Transformers decal on rear window.

2007 Z06 - these are so impressive on the road.

An all original and rusty GTO Convertible top down, and cruising yesterday.

1950 Ford Convertible Custom...super sweet body.

1979 Camaro painted like Jeff Gordon's Dupont Chevy mounted on a K5 Blazer chassis running 40-inch tires. Yep, it had all the decals too! :pokeowned:

I saw about 120 pre war cars and a $h!load of musclecars

at last night's car show.

This morning at Ayotte's in Hudson, NH my '71 Cadillac was

parked next to a '72 Impala ragtop, 350/4bbl, the middle

aged gentleman said he's averaging an honest 20mpg!!!!

The F430 sounds unreal, BTW. First time I've had a chance to listen to one when not in traffic myself.

-RBB

They sound incredible..the first time I heard one was probably my most memorable Ferrari sighting...a beautiful, sunny spring day in Milan, walking down the street in front of the La Scala opera house...gray F430 drives down the street, that magnificent exhaust note reverberating off ancient stone walls... La Dolce Vita. One of the high points of that vacation...

Very pretty, but not a true split-bumper car. Real split bumper Camaros had an Endura center nose piece around the grille, missing here. Someone put split bumpers on a standard-nose car. Edited by ocnblu

Took a trip out to Long Island Thursday...

Gray Gallardo Spyder

Black M5

White M5 w/ DINAN exhaust

Estoril Blue M3

...and my first '08 STS today while passing a Cadillac dealer lot.

Very pretty, but not a true split-bumper car. Real split bumper Camaros had an Endura center nose piece around the grille, missing here. Someone put split bumpers on a standard-nose car.

The turn signals are wrong. Big glitch if they were attempting to pass it off as a split bumper car, hopefully they aren't!

Been seeing more than a few new Corvette Z06s around....a real treat on the street.

Seen a few of the new Bentley coupes and sedans. Couple days ago saw a new Rolls Royce,

now that car has street presence...phew.

Numerous Ferraris roaming...I never tire of the sound of their engines.

Recent Lambo Diablo sighting....pure unbridled lustful car...I think I'm a bit damp still.

And there are so many new Corvettes, Porsches happening here, they almost seem common.

Lotus is being seen as well.

It's been a great summer for hot car sightings. The very hot weather has been good too.

post-436-1185674080_thumb.jpg

:wub::wub:

I spotted this on my way to the Gay Pride festivities a few weeks ago. I wanted to find the owner, but my other half didn't approve. <_<

I really dislike the Solstice with the spoiler (saw one with, two without at a dealership today, haven't seen a Sky with spoiler) because it looks like a jelly bean with an odd protrusion.

::cue ocnblu innuendo in 5, 4, 3, 2....::

Yellow Sky with the spoiler - it looks better without it.

I totally agree, hence why mine doesn't have it. I thought it was purely "eye candy", given how small it is and that it doesn't even reach across the entire width of the trunk lid.

I attached some pictures of spoilers on SKYs. The first two pictures are of the factory spoiler; you can see what I mean by "too small". The third picture is of a the factory AND an aftermarket spoiler TOGETHER (overkill). The fourth picture is another aftermarket spoiler; while it isn't my personal choice, at least it spans the width of the deck.

post-418-1185806569_thumb.jpg

post-418-1185806579_thumb.jpg

post-418-1185806597_thumb.jpg

Saw my second Enclave. It's definitely the best vehicle Buick's had in a while.

Second? Jesus Christ...they're literally crawling the streets around here.

Anyway...what I've seen:

1st generation Dodge Charger

Delorean

Chevy Nomad

Multiple SSRs

Multiple 60s/70s Camaros and Mustangs

2 different 79' Camaros painted like Bumblebee...in the same day.

Edited by AxelTheRed

Saw a burgundy Enclave this afternoon. That thing is quite long.

2 different 79' Camaros painted like Bumblebee...in the same day.

I wonder if they're also rusted like Bumblebee was.