HarleyEarl

New Ford Escape

31 posts in this topic

I don't know what's happening in other markets, but it's amazing how the new Ford Escape is selling here.

I've never seen a new introduction like this, so numerous, so soon on the road. These things seem to

be selling like hotcakes here. I have to say, it is a very successful update...looks good out on the street.

Posted Image

its selling huge here too

maybe its selling on its looks. i know the crv sells, but that certainly ain't because of looks.

the escape looks very confident and tough. the rav4 looks soft and the crv just flat out looks confused.

I remember a lot of people predicting this would flop, and a lot of people predicting Ford would be bankrupt by 2007. It just goes to show that anything is possible in the automotive business.

I've only seen one to date. I had to think about for a second as it looked alot like the current one, atleast from the rear.

I've seen a ton of them around here. I actually like the new light green color.

I haven't seen many of the Edges, but quite a few of the new Escapes...lots in that light green and a light blue. It looks pretty good.

On one of the streets where I walk my dog every morning, a brand new Escape with its gleaming chrome grille stands out in a sea of beige and grey Camries and Mazdas. The only other domestics on that street are several years old.

Someone does own a '81 Toronado, though :smilewide:

We're selling a heck of a lot of Mariners here, and I am seeing quite a few Escapes out there. Personally, I like the Escape refresh a lot, finally looks more masculine and less effeminate as the first gen.

Not everyone is going to tear up the racetrack in their little SUV's...so they don't give a rat's ass if it's not teh sportiest or the fastest...this is something many of the auto rags forget.

Ive seen a lot of Escapes but very few Mariners here in CT. That new chrome Escape grille looks cheep, like something from the 80's when every car had a plastic chrome grille.

escape looks like a mini range / land rover.......which i think is the appeal.

not a melted blob like the CRV or rav.

We have a really nice Mariner in light blue with black/tan leather and those warm sparkle silver wheels. It's a very handsome rig, imo. I really like the new Escapes and Mariners... Tributes too, I guess, but less so. Not sure if it's bias or that it seems an also-ran compared to its more popular siblings. Edited by ocnblu

I think if I was actually LOOKING for them, I would see more, but I don't see many at all. They are the "blend in" styling type for me though.

At least it's a SMALLER SUV, not another behemoth.

its selling huge here too

maybe its selling on its looks. i know the crv sells, but that certainly ain't because of looks.

the escape looks very confident and tough. the rav4 looks soft and the crv just flat out looks confused.

I agree, the Escape has a tougher look to it than many other suvs in this class. And that's probably why its selling so well.

Suvs should look tough. Matches their mission in life, real or imagined. It makes so many of the others look

so emasculated.

Escapes are everywhere here, some are rentals but not more than about 15% of what I've seen, maybe.

Edges are less popular, but both trucks are refreshingly fresh trucks from Ford. They are both avantgarde in a sense; confident and tough are good descriptives, I would also say classy and rugged. Escape is also now attached to a much sweeter interior vibe; Ford knows how to make the most of design while still utilizing corporate parts bin [not good imo, but doesn't ruin the nice flow of their interiors, newer ones anyway]

They still look girly,and I have no respect for any man that drives one and/or craves to own one.

I'd drive one, I don't see anything girly about it...it looks like a mini-Explorer. If you're looking to save gas and still want an SUV that can tow, it's a good buy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also saw a Lincoln MKX pull into the golf course today as I was packing up to leave. I park by an Edge every day at work and I've been seeing quite a few MKX's on my morning commute. They have a road presence that sets them apart from some of the other vehicles in their segment.

The escape looks much better in person, than in pictures. Think about it, good gas mileage, afforadable, price, tough looks, not a bad combo.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead