Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NOS2006

NOS Needs Help!

28 posts in this topic

Alright guys, I've been sketching out how I think a C6 replacement should look when it comes out in 2011. However, nothing is working for the front end! I've done my research comparing the size of my C7 to:

• C1-C6
  • Viper SRT-10 Coupe
  • Shelby GR-1 concept
  • Ferrari F430
  • Acura ASC concept
  • Aston Martin V8 Vantage
  • Nissan GTS-R Concept
I've also printed out multiple pictures of the C1-C6 including the C6 Z06 and Stingrays to influence the C7's link to its ancestor Corvettes.

I've got a side and rear view done, but I can't make the front work for the life of me! This is where you come in. This is the criteria I'm looking for:

• Influence from the C1-C3 in the front fascia, similar to how I split the rear bumper
  • Round-ish headlights. Not like Porsche, but something that you can easily relate to the C1. I was thinking of a shape similar to the C6's, but with a big round opening inside it, I don't know.
  • Fenders somewhere between the C3 and C6.
  • Mimic my side/rear views as best as possible
  • Hidden A-Pillar like the Nissan GTS-R Concept
  • Don't make it look like a Ferrari 360 or F430!

Here is my side and rear view:

Posted Image

Here is a very obviously failed attempt at the front view:

Posted Image

Can you do this for me?! Decka, Bimmer, BV, AmericanRevolution, MrDetroitMetal, Peugot206, Burns, Peugot206, CHUD, Bowtie Dude, Scarlet Swordfish, anybody?!

I'd really appreciate all entries!

Alright guys, I've been sketching out how I think a C6 replacement should look when it comes out in 2011. However, nothing is working for the front end! I've done my research comparing the size of my C7 to:

• C1-C6
  • Viper SRT-10 Coupe
  • Shelby GR-1 concept
  • Ferrari F430
  • Acura ASC concept
  • Aston Martin V8 Vantage
  • Nissan GTS-R Concept
I've also printed out multiple pictures of the C1-C6 including the C6 Z06 and Stingrays to influence the C7's link to its ancestor Corvettes.

I've got a side and rear view done, but I can't make the front work for the life of me! This is where you come in. This is the criteria I'm looking for:

• Influence from the C1-C3 in the front fascia, similar to how I split the rear bumper
  • Round-ish headlights. Not like Porsche, but something that you can easily relate to the C1. I was thinking of a shape similar to the C6's, but with a big round opening inside it, I don't know.
  • Fenders somewhere between the C3 and C6.
  • Mimic my side/rear views as best as possible
  • Hidden A-Pillar like the Nissan GTS-R Concept
  • Don't make it look like a Ferrari 360 or F430!
Here is my side and rear view:

Posted Image

Here is a very obviously failed attempt at the front view:

Posted Image

Can you do this for me?! Decka, Bimmer, BV, AmericanRevolution, MrDetroitMetal, Peugot206, Burns, Peugot206, CHUD, Bowtie Dude, Scarlet Swordfish, anybody?!

I'd really appreciate all entries!

I got your back on this.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

I got your back on this.

Oh dear gods help us.

Anyway, the sketches are nice NOS, but it looks too much like the C6 with slightly bigger haunches...it needs to be a little more aggressive and unique.

Dodgefan

QUOTE(MRDETROITMETAL @ Jul 28 2007, 12:02 AM) *

I got your back on this.

Oh dear gods help us.

DF the gods are not gonna help you, best help yourself !...: (NOS remembers this one as our previous starting point, the finished one is on the website !!!)....:

post-1820-1185611400_thumb.jpg

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Dodgefan

QUOTE(MRDETROITMETAL @ Jul 28 2007, 12:02 AM) *

I got your back on this.

Oh dear gods help us.

DF the gods are not gonna help you, best help yourself !...: (NOS remembers this one as our previous starting point, the finished one is on the website !!!)....:

I don't think you quite got the meaning behind the message. :P:duck:

Edited by Dodgefan

Front is too lamborarri-ish. Make it sleeker/smoother...perhaps take some influence from the lingenfelter TT 427 body kit (so damn sexy). I like the rear..some aspects remind me of a 355, but otherwise, it isn't too revolutionary, but it looks good, and much better than the current, but a bit dated I think. See what you can do about the greenhouse...it just seems so typical. Try a different approach. Redesign the B-pillar, maybe stretch/pull it back a bit more, and give more of a rake to the A-pillar. Just give it a sleaker, more streamlined greenhouse.

Damn...I need to have a go at this...I have some ideas..

Try not splitting the chrome "bumper" in the front,and go for a long, narrow, thin headlight configuration (think slit).

Otherwise, with the exception of the CME, I really like it.

I'd go for symetrical duals with large rectangular tips.

Try not splitting the chrome "bumper" in the front,and go for a long, narrow, thin headlight configuration (think slit).

Hmm, kinda like the Moray concept? Speaking of, they've got a pretty damn good lower fascia on that! Just needs to be Americanized a little more...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Shot at 2007-07-28

I'm looking for something even radically different than mine, it was just an idea.. Use your creativity and go all out on a brand new sketch incorporating the lines I've set in place with the side/rear!

Hmm, kinda like the Moray concept? Speaking of, they've got a pretty damn good lower fascia on that! Just needs to be Americanized a little more...

Posted Image

Not exactly, make the slits more horizontal and connect the chrome pices to form one pice across the entire front. The hood bulge definitely belongs though.

Hmm, okay. I'm going to try something, not sure how it'll come out though...

Eh, idk..

Posted Image

I like the lower fascia a lot but not the headlight shape.

I'd help but you never asked :P

Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?! I couldn't name EVERY sketcher on the site! I double dog dare you to sketch something up! :P

I'll just be honest. I think it needs alot of work, all over. If I work on it, it'll be a complete transformation, thus its up to you if you want my help. :P

I had an idea for a front end kinda like you want, but the front end looked either like a Mercedes-Benz CLK or a Porsche.

I think a nice layout would be something like this, sunken headlights with aerodynamic bulges over them.

Posted Image

Eh, idk..

Posted Image

I should have said "a hood bulge" rather than " the hood bulge", and the lights need to be more horizontal and more slit-like.

For the bumper, think early C3 to see what I'm getting at.

coupla my favorite directions ....i'll work up a new one for you soon...meanwhile tellme what ya like or not ....:

post-1820-1186464109_thumb.jpg

post-1820-1186464208_thumb.jpg

post-1820-1186464240_thumb.jpg

post-1820-1186464285_thumb.jpg

post-1820-1186464518_thumb.jpg

post-1820-1186464545_thumb.jpg

Did you guys die?

Yes...

well, other than mr DM up there... :P

Yeah, I'm pretty dead. Sorry. The heat/humidity has killed me. :P

I'll try to get something done for you soon.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0