Sign in to follow this  
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Guy making fun of 1986 Grand Am commercial

Ahh, the big 80s...a buddy of mine in high school got a brand new silver 4dr Grand Am for his 16th birthday..cruised around in it wearing a Members Only jacket....(not one of the cooler cars in my HS, though, not with all the 5.0 Mustangs, IROC-Zs, TA GTAs, a couple Monte SSes, and a Buick GN).

wonder what he drives now.. (my 20th HS reunion is next year, so it should be interesting...)

Ahh, the big 80s...a buddy of mine in high school got a brand new silver 4dr Grand Am for his 16th birthday..cruised around in it wearing a Members Only jacket....(not one of the cooler cars in my HS, though, not with all the 5.0 Mustangs, IROC-Zs, TA GTAs, a couple Monte SSes, and a Buick GN).

wonder what he drives now.. (my 20th HS reunion is next year, so it should be interesting...)

People at my school bragged about their Mazda3's. <_<

People at my school bragged about their Mazda3's. <_<

They won't be bragging when they go out to find them empty of their belongings with a dent in the door...

We had an 1989 Grand Am LE (Coupe)... It wasn't bad.

They won't be bragging when they go out to find them empty of their belongings with a dent in the door...

And it did. My buddy had his looted twice before Mazda even got his into the shop. And a week they just keyed up his car.

Interesting..does the Mazda 3 have a reputation for being easy to break into?

Yep... There's a defect in all Mazda3s- the locking mechanism isn't shielded properly and if you punch the driver's door hard enough below the locking mechanism, the lock will let go. Mazda won't issue a recall or pay to have it fixed unless you threaten to expose the problem as Mazda's been trying unsucessfully to keep the whole affair hush-hush.

My aunt in Nova Scotia bought a new one a couple of months and I warned her about this... she went to the Mazda dealer who promptly told her it was only on US-Spec cars.

She told me this over the phone and I called bullsh*t on what they told her right then and there... all Mazda3s are manufacured at the same Japanese plant.. and I know people here in Calgary who have been victimized many times.

Yep... There's a defect in all Mazda3s- the locking mechanism isn't shielded properly and if you punch the driver's door hard enough below the locking mechanism, the lock will let go. Mazda won't issue a recall or pay to have it fixed unless you threaten to expose the problem as Mazda's been trying unsucessfully to keep the whole affair hush-hush.

My aunt in Nova Scotia bought a new one a couple of months and I warned her about this... she went to the Mazda dealer who promptly told her it was only on US-Spec cars.

She told me this over the phone and I called bullsh*t on what they told her right then and there... all Mazda3s are manufacured at the same Japanese plant.. and I know people here in Calgary who have been victimized many times.

That's interesting...

I should warn my co-worker....

Interesting about the Mazda 3 locks. A buddy of mine had his Cherokee (XJ) broken into when someone drilled into the door near the lock (drilled into the lock mechanism)? Happened twice.

Hope they come out with a fix for this Mazda issue as I was thinking of getting a 3 for a winter/practical car to go along with a 2010 Camaro

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook