Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mustang84

Taurus takes to the skies

9 posts in this topic

How much you wanna bet Mulally had a hand in this one? :scratchchin:

It's a great idea...you're confined to one location for multiple hours and people are always looking for something to read on an airplane.

FORD TAURUS TAKES TO THE SKY WITH INTERACTIVE TRAY TABLE CONTENT

* Unique Ford Taurus advertising is featured on select airline tray tables.

* Ford is working with Brand Connections SkyMedia.

* Taurus is rated safest full-size car in America, based on both NHTSA five-star crash test ratings and IIHS Top Safety Pick for models with optional AdvanceTrac®.

DEARBORN, July 31, 2007 - Ford is taking to the skies this month helping busy summer air travelers pass the time on their flights with entertaining content on seat-back tray tables.

Beginning in July and running through September, tray tables on domestic airlines will feature exclusive content, including an interactive game, from the new Ford Taurus.

Ford implemented this content through Brand Connections SkyMedia, capitalizing on a new vehicle for in-flight entertainment and an innovative use of a highly-effective advertising platform.

“The Taurus is rated the safest full-size car in America based on crash test ratings and that makes it perfect for families,” said Robert Parker, car marketing manager, Ford Division. “Families have been the foundation of the Taurus brand since the first car debuted in 1985. With so many summer travelers taking to the sky in the next few months, the Brand Connections Sky Media offered us a really unique way to reach this important audience.”

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's a great idea! This way, when they see the advertisement on the airplane, they get off the plane, and immediately go to a Hertz and request a Taurus! Brilliant. :rolleyes:

Ugh, the last thing I want in a cramped, stuffy, and miserable plane is more advertising being shoved in my face.

You know flying sucks when placemats are considered "innovative", "entertaining", "highly-effective", and "interactive."

Awesome idea! People have a hard time falling asleep on aeroplanes.

This'll put 'em into COMA'S 8)

That's a great idea! This way, when they see the advertisement on the airplane, they get off the plane, and immediately go to a Hertz and request a Taurus! Brilliant. :rolleyes:

That's the way the first one reads. There's first-class legroom waiting for you? In your Taurus rental?

I'm not mad.

Considering they barely advertised the Five Hundred, this is improvement. Although I haven't seen a commercial yet...

I thought they had blown up a Taurus, thus taking it to the skies... in pieces! :smilewide:

It's a better marketing idea than putting ads in MotorTrend or another car enthusiast magazine.

I'd choose a color other than silver, though.

It's a better marketing idea than putting ads in MotorTrend or another car enthusiast magazine.

I'd choose a color other than silver, though.

They did. That's Ice Blue, one of the new colors.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room