Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Dog Days - August

ocnblu

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me get to my own and catch up:

-'59 Buick done up whiteboy-lowrider style, First time ever seeing one live on the road

Photo??? :huh: Damn I'd love to see a B-59 other than my own on the road!

-STUDEBAKER TRUCK!!

-the newest Aston Martin, kinda sexy

-'56ish Pontiac

-A 50's luxury coupe I couldn't discern whether the make was Lincoln or Studebaker (had the badge "Gran Turismo")

-'69 Buick Electra 225 in the slummy part of downtown, FOR SALE!! $1500! (albeit packed with junk...the guy called me back but didn't leave his number)

-'72ish CDV, FOR SALE!! $3000! (87.5% more than the '72 SDV for sale back in February, but body looked straighter)

-'69 Bel Air wagon (had me wishing someone had a Delta 88 version)

-'72ish Ninety Eight dubbed up (like it should be, it's 2007, stock or dubbed up is what should be up)

-'82ish Imperial

-'69 Imperial sedan

-A Chysler coupe for somewhere in the mid-60s, I can't find the pic of.

Damn, threads like this make me wish I lived in California!!! :huh:

A beautiful chopped two-tone purple 1950 Ford coupe, very authentic 1950's-1960's style hot rod with 401 Buick nailhead power, dual spotlights, '59 Cadillac hubcaps, frenched lights front and back. Very cool.

Takes deep breath.... (it's been an eventful week)

- 1969 Pontiac GTO judge, (carousel red)

- 1939 Chevrolet Wrecker, black with period correct wrecker body

- 1963 Mercury 2-door hardtop, green (Comet?)

- 1962-ish Chevrolet P/U w/ COOLEST patina ever!

-------- (farm truck?, still in use) it was green with a white door/hood & red fender

- 1978 Cadillac Sedan Deville (tripple silver)

- 1968 Oldsmobile 442, medium blue

- 1982 Corvette, black/gray interior... running like a champ on the original cross-fire setup

- 1970/1/2 Corvette Stingray t-top, blue

- 1964 Cadillac Coupe deVille, EXACT colors of the '71 Murder car

- 1964? Dodge Polara 2-door hardtop

- 1966 Ford Mustang fastback

- 1991/2 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham MINT, tripple white... (not the same one from before)

- 1984? Honda Accord sedan... some granola-bar driving it who loked like a Hobo,

--------- it's been about 5 years since I saw a 1st gen. Accord OUTSIDE of a junmkyard

- 1953 Buick Skylark, just a rolling chassis & rotted out shell awaiting restoration behind XP's dad's shop

- 2007 Subaru Forester LIMO - about a 10 foot stretch, local Subbi-dealer curtesy shuttle :rolleyes:

- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro hardtop, Macco-quality black paint

- 2006/7 Corvette Z06, jet black, tearing up Rt.3 like it was a damn airstrip

- 1985-ish Dodge Diplomat, no more than 3 milllion miles!

- 1968 Buick Wildcat 2-door hardtop red with a white roof (didn;t see the interior)

- another stupid ugly 1970s MG

- 2006/7 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS, raven black, spick-n-span, I guess that's a semi-spot

- 2002-6 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ blk/blk with a NICE set of 20" rims. (even more of a pseudo-spot)

hey 68...I noticed that the B-59 in your photo has a B-pillar...what gives?

Smart-ass. :P

See I've got 1959 Buick Electra 225 Riviera 4-door HARDTOP (with 401/4bbl nailhead) for $24,000 taste :yes:

buuuut......I'm on more of a 1959 Buick LeSabre 2 door sedan 364/2bbl BUDGET. (ACV: ~$7,000) :(

When you search for a classic car for a few years & come up short money wise on even

marginall restorable cars that have not run in several years and are in very serious

disrepair you start to get less picky, when a gorgeous car comes along that runs, drives,

stops, turns, heats in the winter and its wipers clean the windshield in a rainstorm while

the frame & body are in decent-to-excellent condition you do not pass it up over a

technicality. now if this was 1987 instead of 2007 I'd be driving a 2-door Invicta on the

weekends and I'd have a E-225 Electra Riviera for a daily driver.

But there's a chance I may get closer to my dream car soon... a gentleman who happens

to own a 1959 Buick LeSabre 4-door FLATTOP hardtop just might be trading me straight

up for my POST sedan bubbletop. It's not a done deal just yet but there's a very strong

possibility that my LeSabre will be living out it's retirement in the mid-west while I get a

very nice, all original Colorado hardtop.

Make sense? :P

Posted Image

In front of Toyota of Nashua. (no he was NOT looking at Tundras... or any Toy-oh-dur!)

I left for work today at noon (1-9pm schedule today) and as I pull

out of Skyline Drive onto Mammoth Road in my B-59 guess what I

see parked curbside?

I wish it had been in a parking lot so I could have taken some pics.

of my LeSabre side by side with this gorgeous ragtop, even though

it's just a lowly Chevy next to my Regal Buick. :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've got a lot more sighting pics. comign soon. :smilewide:

a beautiful c4 corvette... definatley not stock.... driving down the long island expressway, it was in front of me... i spot the cage inside, the wonderful exhaust note only found in high compression, high cube motors, a parachute mounted between the taillights, and best of all, a license plat mounted to the wheelie bars... i dont know how legal it is, but its great!

It must be the Dodge Days of summer right now, as yesterday a spotless Dodge Lancer GTS Shelby went by us - and this morning a Dodge Conquest went by - both are actually attractive now. Saw a nice Horizon yesterday...that hurt MY ears as I said that...and yesterday I saw the ugliest Ford Fairmont in red and maroon two-tone with matching interior. Oh! And a Dodge Mirada with the original owner AND her wrap around cataract glasses. It was after looking at those two I realized why the Japs were able to get a toe hold on the US Market.