New Morocco Brown interior for '08 AURA

Even though it has been beaten to death ( :deadhorse: ...just had to use it)...the thing that bugs me most about the layout is that the damn door trim doesn't even line up correctly. I still don't understand how they could allow such a blatant error in measurement to get through.

You know, if they'd get rid of the plood, the morocco leather would probably look like it belongs more. As is, it looks out of place. Then again...

The concept has metallic trim in place of the plood, which made it look 1000x better.

The plood looks cheap, the fact that the door panels don't line up is cheap, the plastic arm rests on said door panels are chpea, and of course, the bloody center stack's lack of symmetry looks horrible (to me).

Guest YellowJacket894

Oh, perfect. GM's photography screws another car over. Way to go. -_-

As for the plood, it looks better in person. And also as for the doors not lining up properly with the dash, the ones in our Aura are admittedly about a quarter of an inch off and barely even noticeable. GM probably Photoshopped old pre-production pics of the Aura's interior and went about their day.

I'll also say I'm not fond of the new steering wheel. The 12 and 6 o'clock sections of the wheel need to have contrasting black leather instead of having the Morocco Brown all the way around it. And the door panel inserts could be a shade closer to the brown stripe inserts on the seats.

Otherwise, no comment. Just GM showing they are committed to improving a product somehow after initial introduction.

Edited by YellowJacket894

I took my mom to test drove an Aura to get a $25 gift certificate and because I have wanted to check one out, it had that brown interior. At first I thought it looked alright but the more I looked at things the cheaper they appeared. She was appalled by how horrendously cheap the fake wood looks and the darker brown leather on the center parts of the seats was so stiff and vinyl like it was pathetic. She then started rambling on to the salesman about how this is why she wants another Lexus instead of gm and so on. I had to remind her we were at a Saturn dealership, not a Cadillac dealer. Overall I was pretty disappointed with the interior but a different color combo probably would have done wonders.

Every other car maker on the face of the earth "hand fits" all the interior panels before sending the car off for marketing photo's. Apparently GM doesn't play that game because the fit and finish of my wife's early production Aura is better than what they show in the picture.

This interior screams for tan instead of the gray plus remove the fake wood for some nice brushed aluminum.

Agreed. The gray just doesn't match with the brown. It should have been tan/brown. My wife liked the Morrocan brown seats but the door panel inserts and armrests look even cheaper in brown plus we didn't want the ugly plood so we got the ebony leather with silver trim.

It never ceases to amaze me how GM can get so much right but still has to throw in those cheap, careless details to remind you that it is a GM product. Very disappointing.

Edited by 2QuickZ's

Oh, perfect. GM's photography screws another car over. Way to go. -_-

Its a photoshopped pic . In case you all havent realized , GM is the king of photoshopping in new options into old photos , and alot times ...even in dealer brochures , the ps'ed photos are a bit crude .

Both the morroco brown and the plood are not that bad looking in person , or even it was a real pic . My Dad owns a 2007 Aura , and the door trim lines up perfectly with the dash trim .

Heres all the original photos , which were already photoshopped studio photo's to begin with , released before the Aura even came out

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here a pic of a newer studio pic , the door trim lines up perfect .

Posted Image

Edited by silverss/sc