All-new Mazda6 to Debut at the 2007 Frankfurt Motor Show

All-new Mazda6 to Debut at the 2007 Frankfurt Motor Show

Hiroshima, Japan — Mazda Motor Corporation will showcase the world premiere of the all-new Mazda6 (known as the all-new Mazda Atenza in Japan) at the 62nd annual Frankfurt Motor Show to be held from Tuesday, September 11 through Sunday, September 23, 2007.

The Frankfurt Motor Show press days are September 11 and 12, and the public days are September 15–23. Mazda will hold its press conference on Tuesday, September 11, at 13:45 (local time).

The all-new Mazda6 arrives as a full redesign of Mazda's first model to embody the Zoom-Zoom product philosophy …

Posted Image Go to full release at AutoReport

now that is refreshingly different and very nice.

take that, CAMRY and ACCORD.

its a very nice aero form that does not appear blobbish. The new Accord is postively dreadful in comparison.

automakers have gotten very ballsy on putting the hood seam right on a major sculpted character line. look at how tight it is on this mazda. wow.

BTW, km77.com has a high res version of that photo.

i don't even need to read a review. this is already superior to every other midsize, assuming the duratec 35 or 37 is included in the deal. A new mazda6 with a duratec 35 or 37 and a 6 speed manual and I'd have my soulmate back.........

Edited by regfootball

look at an 08 accord, an 07 camry, or a sonata, and you'll understand why we would get excited about an asian sedan that doesn't look like puke on a stick

IMO, the '08 Accord is by no means puke on a stick (at least compared to what predates it), but I see what you're saying.

I think it looks pretty good, too.

Edited by DetroitNut90

look at an 08 accord, an 07 camry, or a sonata, and you'll understand why we would get excited about an asian sedan that doesn't look like puke on a stick

Puke on a stick. The comments on C&G are the lol-erest :P

That said, I want to see the rest of this car before I pass judgement. Remember the excitement over that Malibu teaser? And when we saw the rest, it was OK, but a big nono on the rear.

As for the greenhouse and interior, it looks like everything else, but there isn't much room for variation in this segment, is there? I hope it's roof is flowing, unlike the Camry, with it's flat roof, reminiscent of a Crown Vic.

I need some of whatever kool aid is being consumed by you people. The '08 Taurus has more originality that this!

A big block of chrome and altezza-style taillamps (not to mention tacked on fender vents) slapped onto one of the most derivative-looking sedans on the market is what you call original?

From what we can see, the Mazda's front fascia is at the very least a cohesive, dynamic design with tastefully-executed details. The Ford Taurus is a failed attempt to inject some kind of life into a hilariously dull design. The result is a mish-mash of tacky (and tired) design cues added on as afterthought. Not originality.

yes... because the Taurus is not another generic asian sedan with yet another trapezoid for a grill. While the Taurus isn't exciting in a "zoom zoom" sorta way, Are you really going to mistake it for anything else?

scrape the logo off and I doubt any of you would have been able to identify the brand.

My first thought when I saw it was that it would make a good Galant refresh.

Sorry Oldsmoboi, but the fact that you think the Taurus, with it's knock-off last gen Passat or Audi greenhouse, slab sides, and "let's shove a Gillette in the front grill to make it look more original and add Altezza tail lights" styling is more original and/or better looking than this makes me think you're on some of the strongest kool-aid ever...probably stole it from Toyota's PR department.

Sorry Oldsmoboi, but the fact that you think the Taurus, with it's knock-off last gen Passat or Audi greenhouse, slab sides, and "let's shove a Gillette in the front grill to make it look more original and add Altezza tail lights" styling is more original and/or better looking than this makes me think you're on some of the strongest kool-aid ever...probably stole it from Toyota's PR department.

I never said it looked better. But it does look more unique than this Mazda.

Seriously... this thing is generic asian sedan. take the logo off and you have no idea who it was made by. At least with the Taurus, you'd be able to guess.

I never said it looked better. But it does look more unique than this Mazda.

Seriously... this thing is generic asian sedan. take the logo off and you have no idea who it was made by. At least with the Taurus, you'd be able to guess.

Your right Oldsmoboi, this Mazda is very bland and boring like most ricer cars that way too many americans seem to be hooked on, especially the conservatives. Take the logo off and it could be a Honda or Toyota or any other Asian auto.

It has good lines, but it's not my style really. It seems to look rather feminine in the front. What I see is basically a bigger, smoother, rounder, Mazda3.

Your right Northstar, this is just a bigger version of the Mazda 3 very BLAND and BORING. Nice tight body lines I give them credit for that, but over all nothing to light a fire under your dress.

you can look at a picture of the 08 accord grille / front end and like it? my God, do we need to call the priest to exercise the CR demons?

You talkin' to me? :P

No CR demons here (I have better things to spend my money on), though I honestly can't say that the Accord is ugly anymore.

Say what you will, but there's no denying that this preview pic has stirred quite a bit of interest. GM, on the other hand and for this very reason, need to really step Pontiac up. This is the league Pontiac should be a major player. Instead, they're more like an after thought.

My eye for the obscure is often a curse.

Hiroshima, Japan

A mere 62 years prior to the day thegriffin posted this press release, the US dropped an atomic bomb at the site of the press release.

A mere 62 years later, we are greeted with this mutated Hozdabishi.

Aside from that thought, I will reserve final judgement until I can see more angles.