Does it ever bother you?

Sentimental Question  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Does it ever get to you when you see a car like your's in the junkyard?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends

So today I made a trip to my favorite junkyard for the Shadow. I was hoping to find one with a 2.5L so I could see how the vacuum hoses by the throttle body hooked up. here were a few disconnected and I couldn't figure out where they went, and neither could Sixty8.

As you may know, I finally replaced the value cover gasket...so there should no longer be any major oil leaks. My first real work on an engine, and it was very rewarding to it myself.

Anyway, all they had was a 3.0 V6 Duster, and a 2.5 Spirit, but the Spirit had different vacuum hose routing.

With that attempt failed, I decided to wonder around and see what else they had. There was a Mercury Meteor for $1,000 which has a cencet body from what I can tell but I don't know if it runs or not. There was also an old Nova intact by the front too...that's where they lump relatively new arrivals. There was also a dark pruple Prizm from which I can grab the necessary parts from whenever my settlement is finally...settled.

Shadows and Prizms don't really bother me...they are old cars so I expect a few to be in the junkyard.

But there were no fewer than 5 2nd gen Intrepid in there...of them only one was a 3.2 and was there because it was totaled.

There's a blue one like mine towards the corner next to a red one. The blue makes me sad because it looks so much like mine...although it has a front bench.

The real sad part though was a white Intrepid nearby a silver one. This one was missing it's rear bumper, passenger rear wheel and had a flat tire on the driver's rear side. I opened the door to peer inside and discovered the light still came on...and the keys were in the ignition. I do the same thing I always do when I find a car like tis...I try to start it.

Sure enough, after a couple seconds the engine fired up...which told me why it was here: it had a horrible knock in the engine. This isn't like the sound I have...it's much, much louder and can be heard over the A/C...which worked! (and very well, much better than mine <_<). It really hurt inside to see this particular car here, still alive but dying a painful death and only to end up in the crusher soon enough.

I sat in it for a little while and cooled off from the 93 degree heat...listened to the radio too. After 10 minutes or so I shut the car off...perhaps for the last time, and also rolled the windows up out of respect, and then took the key fob and locked it...although I unlocked the driver's door so someone could get in to take parts without having to brake the window. The guy at the front desk, who knows me pretty well by now, let me take it for free...so now I don't have to pay $50 for a 2nd one for my car, just to have it programed.

I'm a sentimental fool, I know. The worst part is 4 of the 5 cars shouldn't be there.

Actually, the worst part may be the sound I heard. While the sound itself sounds nothing like the noise I hear, it does speed up as the rpm increases...like how mine does.

It's much, much worse though...I don't know if the source of the sound is one and the same, but it scares me a bit. Mine will not end in the scrap yard though.

Is it stupid to feel this way?

Edited by Dodgefan

I didn't feel bad seeing the Camaro at the bodyshop, although I knew it were totaled. Seeing it at a junkyard would probably be a totally different story. I think it depends though. If you've been attached to a car, you care. If you just had an "in between" car that got junkyarded, it'd be way different.

>>"Does it ever bother you?, When you see your vehicle in the junkyard?"<<

I have never sent anything to the junkyard that was worthy.

I was looking at a car today a buddy bought- still wearing 1964 plates and looking like it was from a junkyard, but all I could see was perfection.

Funny you mention it, I was just at 2 yards today looking around and one of them had a bright red loaded 97 GTP sedan and it did kind of make me sad, it was completely trashed. I always like to check out the odometer reading to see how long the car lasted just for kicks. I went and looked at the odometer and it had over 170,000 miles on it which didn't make me feel as bad, I felt like it's time was served. What always does bother me is when I see rarer cars (Reatta's, Trofeo's, etc.) that end up in the yards, sometimes completely trashed and sometimes in not that bad of shape, I always think it is a shame someone didn't care enough about them or realize what they had. It always makes me sad to see Aurora's in the yards, knowing that there are fewer and fewer around, they always seemed sort of timeless to me, like they wouldn't ever end up in junkyards.

Sometimes it can hurt a little...

You might laugh, but I felt bad for the late 1st gen Js....esp the RS and Z24 trims...

My first car was a 87 Cavalier Rally Sport 2dr (just sounds cooler that way. :thumbsup: )

Say what you will about them, but I loved that little car. It was a lot of fun to drive-and always good on gas.

Though they are rare in our local junkyards now..

I was there once a spotted this 86 Z24...the engine died at 140k, but the body was in great shape-no rust at all. I really wanted to take that car home-but I couldn't afford it.

Sadly,even though I had talked my dad into gving me the cash to take it home-it was already crushed....not even a week later...

It was tough to take because finding 1st gen Js coupes in that great of shape/no rust are very hard to find....

When there are cars that you like there-it does make it tough.

I didn't feel bad seeing the Camaro at the bodyshop, although I knew it were totaled. Seeing it at a junkyard would probably be a totally different story. I think it depends though. If you've been attached to a car, you care. If you just had an "in between" car that got junkyarded, it'd be way different.

Mhmm.

It depends on the car. I get bummed out when I see any H, C, B bodies or old Dodge trucks in yards. If they aren't rusted out or totaled it makes me feel like the owner didn't try hard enough to keep it going. I hate seeing a perfectly good car get ravaged for parts just because of a bad engine/transmission/etc. It's like euthanizing your dog just because it peed on the floor. C'mon!

Grand Marquis' I don't really care about though. Doesn't have the kitsch value of a Crown Victoria and not as fancy as a Town car. Not to mention mine only has a wheezy 302 and needs an alignment and new upper control arm bushings. ($240?!?!?!?) Plus I soft pedal the thing more than an elderly Prius driver and I still only get 15mpg in town. Don't even get me started on the cheesy body and rant rant rant rant rant...[/rant]

Exactly, it's damn shame when someone junks a car because the engine or transmission goes. I mean, especially if you bought the car new. Sure, it's frustrating to put a sizeable chunk of money into a new engine, but you're throwing away a car that's still worth 6+ grand not to mention the money you paid for when it was new! That white one had 87,000 miles on it.

Funny you mention it, I was just at 2 yards today looking around and one of them had a bright red loaded 97 GTP sedan and it did kind of make me sad, it was completely trashed. I always like to check out the odometer reading to see how long the car lasted just for kicks. I went and looked at the odometer and it had over 170,000 miles on it which didn't make me feel as bad, I felt like it's time was served. What always does bother me is when I see rarer cars (Reatta's, Trofeo's, etc.) that end up in the yards, sometimes completely trashed and sometimes in not that bad of shape, I always think it is a shame someone didn't care enough about them or realize what they had. It always makes me sad to see Aurora's in the yards, knowing that there are fewer and fewer around, they always seemed sort of timeless to me, like they wouldn't ever end up in junkyards.

I once saw a first gen Aurora at that yard, it was black. It was a shame to see it there, although I don't feel as bad because I don't own one. If I did I'd feel a lot worse.

Oh if only I had money to spend, I'd pick up those 4 and put new engines in them and sell them for a profit to caring owners...maybe keep the white one.

Yes... it does bother me to see 1959 Buicks & 1971 Cadillacs in the junkyard.

I answered depends...but you know what? It does bother me when I see a perfectly repairable car go to the crusher. A few years back I was walking into a local yard that I frequent and spied a really clean 1983 Z28 that still had the crossfire engine in it, no damage beyond a sagging headliner and it had the delux interior with the ERS sound system in it - rarer still: It was brown and bronze metallic. Ran great. I ran up to the office to inquire about the car. Could only be parted. Turned out it was impounded after a police chase. A week later I stood next to it and it was only 6 " tall. Crushed, motor and all.

I did my duty and saved a car from a yard four years ago. I bought a '92 Buick estate wagon out of a 'crush pile' that was still sitting on four good tires and ran like a clock when I kicked the key over...turns out the torque converter was out of it...so they sold it to the yard for scrap and walked home. I drove it home...dropped a rebuilt tranny in it and it NEVER left me on the side of the road in 3 years of driving. Bonus: The motor was a crate motor with low miles on it and it was a 350!

Car was sold to a body shop that customized it into a show car. That was one out of the 12,000,000 cars that was crushed that year that I saved. Yay me.

I saw my ACTUAL CAR, being driven (still trashed) by what I can only assume was one junkyard owner who bought it off another one. Didn't bother me, in fact I just couldn't believe I actually happened to see it. They had duct taped in a new windsheild (classy). I guess I'm just not as sentimental over cars as most people here.

I answered depends...but you know what? It does bother me when I see a perfectly repairable car go to the crusher. A few years back I was walking into a local yard that I frequent and spied a really clean 1983 Z28 that still had the crossfire engine in it, no damage beyond a sagging headliner and it had the delux interior with the ERS sound system in it - rarer still: It was brown and bronze metallic. Ran great. I ran up to the office to inquire about the car. Could only be parted. Turned out it was impounded after a police chase. A week later I stood next to it and it was only 6 " tall. Crushed, motor and all.

I did my duty and saved a car from a yard four years ago. I bought a '92 Buick estate wagon out of a 'crush pile' that was still sitting on four good tires and ran like a clock when I kicked the key over...turns out the torque converter was out of it...so they sold it to the yard for scrap and walked home. I drove it home...dropped a rebuilt tranny in it and it NEVER left me on the side of the road in 3 years of driving. Bonus: The motor was a crate motor with low miles on it and it was a 350!

Car was sold to a body shop that customized it into a show car. That was one out of the 12,000,000 cars that was crushed that year that I saved. Yay me.

:thumbsup:

If I only had the money...

Plus I would think you could fix these cars that are repairable and sell them at a profit if you couldn't keep them.

If it's a Oldsmobile that could be saved, I get bothered, especially Auroras, Eighty-Eights, Ninety-Eights and Toronados. B-Bodies Too.

The same month that I bought the wagon off the crush pile...pre pile of course...there was a spotless 84 Cutlass 3.8 liter that was as clean as anything you could ever imagine being in a junk yard. It was a georgeous blue-green color and it was all there - NOT A SCRATCH - turns out, it was a title mix up at a used car lot in town and could not be sold. Crushed. I did save the compressor off of the a/c system as the engine was left next to the crushed body a week later...What kills me is when you look at what the guys drive that work in the yard, you would think that they would have a hard time crushing something that is 10 times better than what they own...I guess not.

Here is a sampling of what I wanted to save and could not - and these are just the ones I saw:

1955 Bel Air 2 dr HT- was stored in a garage for close to 20 years - drug out and crushed. Yard owner is one that once it crosses the scales, it is crushed.

1970 Caddy Deville Convertible abandoned project...crushed with parts car! Made a sandwhich out of them!

1986 Berlinetta Camaro with Digital Dash...was a V8 t-top car. had some rust in it, but was fixable. Guy would not sell it. Found it on the crush pile of another yard - stripped - 3 months later.

1970 Deville convertible that was dropped by the folks at a muffler center. Was a beautiful car before the accident, now 6 -inches tall.

1957 Buick Roadmaster 4 door - was found AFTER it had been plucked off the trailer with a claw, and subsequently hammered on a few times for good measure before setting it on the pile.

1994 Caprice B4E police wagon. With the electric rear quarter windows. Minor hit in front fender and hood. I begged the guy not to part it. Ripped the LT1 and trans out - crushed the rest.

1970 El Camino. Non-SS but the original owner did not think anyone would want the car - drove it to the guy who had the '55 Bel Air. It crossed the scales. Gone. Was not too bad, but would have at least made a really nice parts car with the clip and doors.

1949 Chevy Fleetline. Barn find...metal was worth something...crushed.

1957 Pontiac Safari wagon...too far gone to restore...actually rusted to the point it conformed to the ground under it...put out of it's misery last fall. It had been a complete car when parked.

I could go on, but it is getting painful...

The same month that I bought the wagon off the crush pile...pre pile of course...there was a spotless 84 Cutlass 3.8 liter that was as clean as anything you could ever imagine being in a junk yard. It was a georgeous blue-green color and it was all there - NOT A SCRATCH - turns out, it was a title mix up at a used car lot in town and could not be sold. Crushed. I did save the compressor off of the a/c system as the engine was left next to the crushed body a week later...What kills me is when you look at what the guys drive that work in the yard, you would think that they would have a hard time crushing something that is 10 times better than what they own...I guess not.

Here is a sampling of what I wanted to save and could not - and these are just the ones I saw:

1955 Bel Air 2 dr HT- was stored in a garage for close to 20 years - drug out and crushed. Yard owner is one that once it crosses the scales, it is crushed.

1970 Caddy Deville Convertible abandoned project...crushed with parts car! Made a sandwhich out of them!

1986 Berlinetta Camaro with Digital Dash...was a V8 t-top car. had some rust in it, but was fixable. Guy would not sell it. Found it on the crush pile of another yard - stripped - 3 months later.

1970 Deville convertible that was dropped by the folks at a muffler center. Was a beautiful car before the accident, now 6 -inches tall.

1957 Buick Roadmaster 4 door - was found AFTER it had been plucked off the trailer with a claw, and subsequently hammered on a few times for good measure before setting it on the pile.

1994 Caprice B4E police wagon. With the electric rear quarter windows. Minor hit in front fender and hood. I begged the guy not to part it. Ripped the LT1 and trans out - crushed the rest.

1970 El Camino. Non-SS but the original owner did not think anyone would want the car - drove it to the guy who had the '55 Bel Air. It crossed the scales. Gone. Was not too bad, but would have at least made a really nice parts car with the clip and doors.

1949 Chevy Fleetline. Barn find...metal was worth something...crushed.

1957 Pontiac Safari wagon...too far gone to restore...actually rusted to the point it conformed to the ground under it...put out of it's misery last fall. It had been a complete car when parked.

I could go on, but it is getting painful...

Ow! That sucks!

Honestly I could give a f@#k less about new cars being in a junkyard because that's where most of them belong. Sorry Dodgefan, but my heart really doesn't weep for a refrigerator white 90's Intrepid on the stack and I don't know why yours should either after Sixty8 and I took you to a place like that yard in New Hampshire. Your 1957 Chrysler Saratoga is still there, waiting in the woods for you whenever you decide to stop working on Geo Prizms and Dodge Shadows that will still only be worth $300 when you're done with whatever it is you're doing to them, by the way. When it comes to older vehicles, that DOES bother me, especially when the car is complete enough and has any amount of potential. Obviously not everything can be saved, and a car from the 50's that was parked on dirt in the 60's with the windows down should probably be crushed unless it's something spectacular, but people that send a perfectly good car to the heap because it's taking up valuable real estate or it burns too much gas or some other bull&#036;h&#33; reason are assholes. That's why I'll save whatever I can. I've saved a couple thusfar:

-1979 Cadillac Coupe DeVille (78,000 original miles)- old man sends it to the yard the next day if I don't take it, bought for $300, tuned up, got a title for it, sold it for $800, still lives today.

-1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme (77,000 original miles)- kid moving to Washington State and can't take it with him, uncle will send it to the yard next week if I don't take it, bought it for $230, tuned up, minor exhaust work, used as a partial trade for a 1971 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, still lives today.

-1974 Lincoln Continental Executive Limousine by Moloney Coachbuilders, Inc. (62,000 original miles)- last in service in 1986 and sat ever since, owner gave the okay to junk it and I asked if I could have it instead, got the car for free, got it running, rebuilt carb, tuned up, cobbed in a brake line so it could stop again, got a title for it, sold it for $1000 to a Lincoln collector from New York who is restoring it as we speak, still lives today.

-1971 Cadillac Sedan DeVille- owner murdered, father of owner will send it to the yard by the end of the week if I don't take it because it bothers him and his wife to look at it, bought for $300, new alternator, voltage regulator, and battery, currently on loan to Sixty8, still lives today.

So if you're gonna be one of those people that sends an older vehicle to the junkyard, at least make sure it really is too far gone before you do so. And if that's the case, then try to make sure you pull off every useable part you can before you do so so that they're available to keep other ones out there going.

XP715 speaks the truth.

There's one particular 1959 Buick LeSabre hardtop 4dr that I still want to save someday....

I do have to say that I do not get bothered when I see a Lumina, Camry, Intrepid, or Taurus on the piles...they are appliances with little collector value now or in the future... A Camaro, a Mustang SVO or other specialty car gets to me sometimes, but I do get bothered when the old stuff goes because it was left to nature too long. Saw a 57 Olds go through the crusher just the other day - but it was probably for the best, as there was not much left after sitting for 35 years OUTSIDE. Rough was not a word I would use to describe this car...more like gone! I would venture to say that not a single fastener was reusable on that car!

And any '59/60 Buick is worth saving...I almost bought a partial 60 LeSabre wagon on ebay last month just to save it from the crusher. Went to someone else! Hopefully a good home!

Edited by toesuf94

Whoever runs that yard near you deserves to be dragged out into the street and shot. Why he would turn DeVille convertibles and 55 Chevys into iron pancakes is beyond me. Is he retarded?! Obviously he must be allergic to money or something if he doesn't even attempt to sell any of the vehicles you describe. And once again, a bunch of fine old vehicles die at the hands of an idiot that happens to be the wrong person with all the right connections.

Whenever I see an old car get crushed that still has potential, the thought that often comes to mind is that some kid out there could buy it cheap and restore it with their dad and learn some valuable skills instead of f@#king off and being out on the street getting into trouble.

Whoever runs that yard near you deserves to be dragged out into the street and shot. Why he would turn DeVille convertibles and 55 Chevys into iron pancakes is beyond me. Is he retarded?! Obviously he must be allergic to money or something if he doesn't even attempt to sell any of the vehicles you describe. And once again, a bunch of fine old vehicles die at the hands of an idiot that happens to be the wrong person with all the right connections.

Whenever I see an old car get crushed that still has potential, the thought that often comes to mind is that some kid out there could buy it cheap and restore it with their dad and learn some valuable skills instead of f@#king off and being out on the street getting into trouble.

Oh, I know...it killed me and some of the guys that worked with him. The '55 was all there and fixable. It was a shame. The owner of that yard pretty much took the loader through the whole yard about three years ago and crushed whole rows of cars and removed anything over 15 years old. Gone. wiped out 3/4 of the yard in the name of progress and turning things around. He did save some stuff...and this is the rust belt here in Iowa...but the Deville convertible killed a small part of me. It really was a nice car that needed some ( a whole right side!! ) work. <_<

I thought my 1994 Ninety Eight and 1991 Toronado ended up in the junkyard. Nope. The insurance company totaled them. I found out a year later my first Ninety Eight was repaired and then it was back on the road. The last time I checked, it had 80,000 miles on it. The Toronado I think was fixed too and I think someone did some v.i.n washing because I saw the exact same car on Autotrader with a slightly different vin number. It was in a different state.

Oh, I know...it killed me and some of the guys that worked with him. The '55 was all there and fixable. It was a shame. The owner of that yard pretty much took the loader through the whole yard about three years ago and crushed whole rows of cars and removed anything over 15 years old. Gone. wiped out 3/4 of the yard in the name of progress and turning things around. He did save some stuff...and this is the rust belt here in Iowa...but the Deville convertible killed a small part of me. It really was a nice car that needed some ( a whole right side!! ) work. <_<

Sadly. I'm seeing that around here too....even sadder considering this is the motor city... <_<

One owner actually told me it woudn't make a difference anyways.-

"once those people who own those classics die off, their kids will tear them up and make them F&F cars anyways"

Dude is a moron, I swear. :rolleyes:

I think many of us will do what our dads did.... :yes:

Did any of you read the Car Craft article about the "Crusher Camaro"? It was a '67 RS 6 banger car that was original owner and original down to the hubcaps...the guy who owned it brought it to a UnoCal 'Clunker buy up' so that it would be destroyed in order to earn Unocal emmission credits. Car craft saved the car by paying the guy $800 for it and drove it home. Google Crusher Camaro and read the story. They were lamenting the loss of all of this rust free metal and cars like Mavericks, Dodges, Impalas, - stuff you do not see any more. Most were driven in by the original owners, sold for $800 to the oil company and taken directly to a crusher within minutes. No parts removed, nothing salvaged - GONE. This is the stuff that makes me sick to my stomach and keeps me up at night. This is the stuff that Al Gore and his ilk think are the solution to the problem with air polution.

By the way - they took the Camaro from the buy-up and drove it directly to a smog station - it passed!

Did any of you read the Car Craft article about the "Crusher Camaro"? It was a '67 RS 6 banger car that was original owner and original down to the hubcaps...the guy who owned it brought it to a UnoCal 'Clunker buy up' so that it would be destroyed in order to earn Unocal emmission credits. Car craft saved the car by paying the guy $800 for it and drove it home. Google Crusher Camaro and read the story. They were lamenting the loss of all of this rust free metal and cars like Mavericks, Dodges, Impalas, - stuff you do not see any more. Most were driven in by the original owners, sold for $800 to the oil company and taken directly to a crusher within minutes. No parts removed, nothing salvaged - GONE. This is the stuff that makes me sick to my stomach and keeps me up at night. This is the stuff that Al Gore and his ilk think are the solution to the problem with air polution.

By the way - they took the Camaro from the buy-up and drove it directly to a smog station - it passed!

YES, YES & YES!

Al Gore is a self serving hypocrite, he needs to go on a hunting trip with Vice Pres. Dick.

Honestly I could give a f@#k less about new cars being in a junkyard because that's where most of them belong. Sorry Dodgefan, but my heart really doesn't weep for a refrigerator white 90's Intrepid on the stack and I don't know why yours should either after Sixty8 and I took you to a place like that yard in New Hampshire. Your 1957 Chrysler Saratoga is still there, waiting in the woods for you whenever you decide to stop working on Geo Prizms and Dodge Shadows that will still only be worth $300 when you're done with whatever it is you're doing to them, by the way. When it comes to older vehicles, that DOES bother me, especially when the car is complete enough and has any amount of potential. Obviously not everything can be saved, and a car from the 50's that was parked on dirt in the 60's with the windows down should probably be crushed unless it's something spectacular, but people that send a perfectly good car to the heap because it's taking up valuable real estate or it burns too much gas or some other bull&#036;h&#33; reason are assholes. That's why I'll save whatever I can. I've saved a couple thusfar:

-1979 Cadillac Coupe DeVille (78,000 original miles)- old man sends it to the yard the next day if I don't take it, bought for $300, tuned up, got a title for it, sold it for $800, still lives today.

-1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme (77,000 original miles)- kid moving to Washington State and can't take it with him, uncle will send it to the yard next week if I don't take it, bought it for $230, tuned up, minor exhaust work, used as a partial trade for a 1971 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, still lives today.

-1974 Lincoln Continental Executive Limousine by Moloney Coachbuilders, Inc. (62,000 original miles)- last in service in 1986 and sat ever since, owner gave the okay to junk it and I asked if I could have it instead, got the car for free, got it running, rebuilt carb, tuned up, cobbed in a brake line so it could stop again, got a title for it, sold it for $1000 to a Lincoln collector from New York who is restoring it as we speak, still lives today.

-1971 Cadillac Sedan DeVille- owner murdered, father of owner will send it to the yard by the end of the week if I don't take it because it bothers him and his wife to look at it, bought for $300, new alternator, voltage regulator, and battery, currently on loan to Sixty8, still lives today.

So if you're gonna be one of those people that sends an older vehicle to the junkyard, at least make sure it really is too far gone before you do so. And if that's the case, then try to make sure you pull off every useable part you can before you do so so that they're available to keep other ones out there going.

Because, perhaps unlike you, I give a &#036;h&#33; about my "modern" cars and any car that shouldn't be in the yard, old or new., and I like all cars in general, old or new.

Plus don't lecture me on my cars when you let that awesome Lincoln sit in the driveway until you sold it for a tiny amount of money...I recall Sixty8 telling me at one point that you even contemplated sending it to it's grave!

We also know that Saratoga is too far gone to realistically salvage. I'd love it but I'm more concerned with what I've got now and that I have something to get to and fro without using 20 gallons of gas going 5 miles.

Classic cars are especially sad to see crushed..>Lowell used auto once had a late 60's Fury that had just recently been crushed one of the times I went there.

Of course Kias, Toyotas, and the like don't bother me, especially riced out Civics.

Edited by Dodgefan

Plus don't lecture me on my cars when you let that awesome Lincoln sit in the driveway until you sold it for a tiny amount of money...I recall Sixty8 telling me at one point that you even contemplated sending it to it's grave!

Do you also recall Sixty8 calling me on a Sunday afternoon from YOUR CAR telling me that the Lincoln had to be gone from his driveway by Tuesday morning (which thankfully later turned out to not be the case)? I never once contemplated "sending the car to its grave;" only selling it cheaply in the face of a fast-approaching deadline I had zero time to prepare for. Also, don't YOU lecture me on letting a car I had to take for free and had no place to store sit and be an afterthought for a couple months while I had a million other things to take care of when there's been two Cudas sitting in the garage at your house acting as shelving for God knows how long.

Edited by XP715

Aviation actually contributes significantly less to greenhouse gasses and pollution than you might think.

I've heard quite the opposite!

I don't go to junkyards, so it doesn't bother me... I learned long ago it's not healthy to get too sentimental about material things, though I can get sentimental about people and places, times in my life. I enjoy a car while I own it, then trade it for something newer and better and move on...