I just sold the best car I've ever had

Dude, that sux.

I remember fondly when you have me demonstration ride in it back in 2005.

The exhaust note, great handeling & GM cam-in-block power were awsome!

But I guess all good things must come to an end.

It's about time, you answered The Call To Calvary and had your Holden demon exercised!

Evil Holden demon, leave Camino's body and soul. Come out! :P

Hardly.

My next new GM will either be designed by Holden or designed and built by them.

Only Holden builds what I want.

Selling a car can be difficult..

Best car I've ever owned...probably the '96 M3. Compact, light, fast, great handling.

I'm debating selling it in the next year or so, though...I've had it since '98, it's probably the most all-around enjoyable car I've owned...but I'm toying with an upgrade...trading it on a used E46 M3, an E39 M5, Boxster S, or '90s NSX..

My '87 Mustang GT has been a lot of fun also over the last 20 years, but it's had many things go wrong over the years...will never sell it because of it's history.

For a daily driver, I'm thinking of keeping the '00 Grand Cherokee for winter and the mountains, and getting some sort of sedan..either a luxury sedan, sports sedan, or (the most far out idea) an ex-cop car....

I want to check out the G8 and '08 CTS closely. But there are several other cars I like that would make a good daily driver...a late model Panther---Lincoln Town Car, '03-04 Mercury Marauder, or Crown Vic LX Sport or P71 Police Interceptor all are appealing to me (radically different cars from the CTS or G8, though).

Seriously if it was not for Holden I'd pretty much kill myself for

being a die-hard GM guy since it so closely conflicts with my

love for RWD and disguct with FWD...

Holden really is the only hope for me.

I don't expect a Vette to be a viable option, I'm not big on Caddys, Kappa cars are a bit small for my taste (although I like them) and the rest I wouldn't consider (trucks excepted).

It will likely be a while before I buy new again, I'm waiting for some product announcements before I'd go there again.

Well maybe this will make you smile. I attempted to top off the LeSabre today and the pump siphon ran out of 87 octane gas. Dead serious. The attendant told me their shipment was scheduled to arrive yesterday, but didn't. He let me fill up with 89 at 87 price, which was nice. Just one of those wouldn't-be-funny-in-any-other-car situations.

P.S. Thanks for not stealing my 455 for your El Camino resto. :P

Well maybe this will make you smile. I attempted to top off the LeSabre today and the pump siphon ran out of 87 octane gas. Dead serious. The attendant told me their shipment was scheduled to arrive yesterday, but didn't. He let me fill up with 89 at 87 price, which was nice. Just one of those wouldn't-be-funny-in-any-other-car situations.

P.S. Thanks for not stealing my 455 for your El Camino resto. :P

Thanks for the chuckle - that would have made a great video!

BV: thanks.

Time for some new stuff?

Not for a while, but expect a long parade of "interesting" older cars to pass through the barn over the next few years.

I want to be down to 3 or 4 at any given time: the truck, a driver, and a project, with the occassional second project or parts car.

It's about time, you answered The Call To Calvary and had your Holden demon exercised!

Evil Holden demon, leave Camino's body and soul. Come out! :P

Funny.

Hardly.

My next new GM will either be designed by Holden or designed and built by them.

Only Holden builds what I want.

You did what you had to do. I know you will miss that car. You will upgrade to something you really desire. It does hurt when you do that. It really does. You developed a connection to your cars , it is like seeing a child grow up and go off. I do feel for you.

My GTO is easily the best car I have ever owned. I can't see myself getting rid of it anytime soon. I almost didn't get a GTO because they were so hard to find in the 2005 with a 6 speed. I was on my way to look at an 03 BMW 330Ci when I got the call about my GTO being for sale. I went to see the GTO, and loved it, so I never went to see the BMW. It took me about 3 months to find my GTO.

I want to get a 6.3L Camaro when they come out, but I don't think I would be willing to part with my GTO in order to get it.

There's a used 2005 GTO at the Buick/Pontiac/GMC/BMW/Mazda/VW dealer across the street

from my work (Caddy-Chev) and every time I drive by it my curiosity climbs a bit higher.

I've sold a ton of cars over the years and not really missed many of them. Lots of people have THOUGHT I would be devastated at selling certain cars and usually those were the ones I didn't even care about.

LOL

I've had ONE car I reallly realllllly liked over the years, and like a dummy I've kept it. The costs of keeping are sometimes a great reason to NOT keep. ;)

Sad to hear you liked the car so much and let it go, but it's got to be thought of as a "way to achieve" it sounds like.

A stepping stone hopefully.

:cheers:

It cut a fine figure pulling up to that barn door, sir. Glad the torture was over quickly.

Chevy dealership I used to work for has one on their used car lot, in that blue/gray color similar to my truck, an '04. I hopped out to give it a look. Paint overspray on all the door rubbers... somebody wrecked it and the bodyshop that fixed it didn't even care enough to remove the rubber parts for painting. <_<

Congrats on the sale and moving forward with your plans, even if it is a sad moment in your life. That GTO was a real beauty (even if I didn't get a ride in it!).

After the C&G gathering, I began to think more about the GTOs. I really like them and thought the 2006 models had the right balance of style and performance. I started looking at used '06 ones on various online websites, and today even checked out GMBuyPower.com to see if there were any remaining '06s on the lots (which I found 13). It would mean having to give up the SKY, so I'm not ready to do that quite yet. Plus I'm curious to see what new things GM has coming out soon (maybe the G8 will replace the AURA lease in Nov '09?) that will qwell the desire to get a 2-door GTO (family issues). Plus I still would love a '55-'56-'57 GMC pickup (not likely anytime soon), and the wife and homeowners association won't allow too many cars on the property. So I won't be hasty and make quick descisions without really thinking things through.

Anyway, you know where you want to be and your on your way to reaching those goals. Best of luck to you on your journey!