mustang84

Taurus SHO mule?

30 posts in this topic

From FordBuyer at BON:

Driving on I-275 North today going through Livonia just south of 7 Mile, in lane next to me a 2008 Taurus passes me with heavily camouflaged front end and dual exhaust and tail pipes. It was definitely a test mule, and if front end had not been so camouflaged, I would have thought Ford was just testing new drivetrain using Taurus as platform. But the heavily camouflaged front end leads me to speculate further. Wish I could have taken pic of it, but any ideas about what this may mean. Looks to me like Ford is already hard at work changing present Taurus and maybe going to even more powerful engine. Or maybe Ford is just trying to completely camouflage everything they are doing as these vehicles are tested in public. However, I do doubt if present Taurus will be in its present form for 3 years at the outside.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...showtopic=15502

Whooopie! :rolleyes:

Another transverse mounted V8 in a boring car. :puke:

LOL @ O-boi

with ford these days, there is no knowing until its actually on the shoroom floor.

an awd twinforce paddle shift taurus would be fine with me.

Whooopie! :rolleyes:

Another transverse mounted V8 in a boring car. :puke:

Twinforce in an AWD Taurus with appropriate SHO styling? I could see it.

Twinforce in an AWD Taurus with appropriate SHO styling? I could see it.

That is what I was thinking too. And I could see it doing very well on the market.

This could also be a MKS mule as it will likely need more power to compete in the segment than the Taurus.

A former Ford engineer, the oldwizard, who posts at Blue Oval News says don't be surprised if we never see any of this twin force technology. I would not be surprised to see the MKS have nothing but a 280 hp port injected 3.7 V6.

A former Ford engineer, the oldwizard, who posts at Blue Oval News says don't be surprised if we never see any of this twin force technology. I would not be surprised to see the MKS have nothing but a 280 hp port injected 3.7 V6.

280hp is pretty low for the MKS target market...

Yeah, but we're talking about the Ford Motor Company here.

Yeah you are right, look what they did w/ the Terminator Cobra, Lightning, and GT500. What losers for putting out low hp vehicles.

:rolleyes:

Yeah you are right, look what they did w/ the Terminator Cobra, Lightning, and GT500. What losers for putting out low hp vehicles.

True, but those high powered models were low production novelties.. the MKS is a volume model...should have at least 300hp available in it's market..

top of the Lincoln car line still has a 235hp V8.

The Mark Versailles debuted with 221 HP and is now, finally, up to 263hp, while most of the competition is pushing 300 and beyond.

Navigator = 300hp v. Escalade with 403 and hybrid coming.

Mark F-150 = 300hp v. Escalade EXT with 403

Mark Soccermom = 263 v. Cadillac SRX with your choice of 255hp V6 or 320hp V8

Ford Taurus has 263hp while the Chevy Impala has your choice of 211hp, 233hp, 303hp, with flavors of AFM and FlexFuel... and if you want it classier, you can get a 275hp or 292hp NorthStar powered Lucerne.

Ford Explorer has a 292hp V8..... Chevy is doing that with an I6.... and still has a more powerful V8 available.

Ford Edge has a 263hp V6 while the Saturn Outlook, though larger and not quite the same class, has a 270 or 275hp V6

Escape 200hp V6 in the top model

Equinox, well I can't find the spec for the SS, but I'm betting it's over 240hp.

Fusion V6 = 221

Old Malibu LTZ = 217 even in fleet only status but was 240hp in Malibu SS trim

New Malibu will be good for at least 250 with the 3.6

Focus, Ranger....do I even need to?

I don't want to beat up on Ford too much..... they have the only brand where I like every vehicle under that brand's name <Mercury>.... but really, in terms of engines, they are *really* behind.

top of the Lincoln car line still has a 235hp V8.

The Mark Versailles debuted with 221 HP and is now, finally, up to 263hp, while most of the competition is pushing 300 and beyond.

????? Not sure what you are talking about here... Lincoln hasn't had a Versailles model since 1980.

????? Not sure what you are talking about here... Lincoln hasn't had a Versailles model since 1980.

They don't have a Mark F-150 or Mark Soccermom either..... I'm referring to the MKZ

They don't have a Mark F-150 or Mark Soccermom either..... I'm referring to the MKZ

Mark LT is the truck. MKZ is the sedan formerly known as Zephyr.

Mark LT is the truck. MKZ is the sedan formerly known as Zephyr.

yes I know all the Lincoln names..... my sarcastic renaming is commentary as well as wit.

yes I know all the Lincoln names..... my sarcastic renaming is commentary as well as wit.

Ahh..I thought you were just clueless.

MKZ is the sedan formerly known as Zephyr.

The Lincoln Versailles was Lincoln's entry level product and was a lightly warmed over Mercury Monarch... <often times complete with accent colored vinyl padded continental kit>. The name Zephyr was used on another Mercury of equally poor renown. As I don't like Lincoln's ridiculously stupid naming scheme, I came up with one of my own.

And not to hijack the thread, but look at this hot little number I found while googling for pics of the Versailles.

Posted Image

and at the other end...

Posted Image

strangely, both owned by the same person......

Edited by Oldsmoboi

disgruntled and bitter more than likely. i think we will see the twinforce although it will be exclusive and expensive

Those custom Versailles are interesting...I can't remember the last time I've seen a Versailles..many, many years. Looks like an Ohio plate on the limo. I've seen many strange and interesting cars in my native state over the years.

disgruntled and bitter more than likely. i think we will see the twinforce although it will be exclusive and expensive

Just like RLS was about the Zeta program and its future in NA.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead