donpella

Cadillac and Buick coupe based off Sigma platform

20 posts in this topic

I keep hearing that GM is moving all of the Cadillacs off the Sigma Platform. I thought the platform was a success. It may not be able to stretch any larger than the STS, but I think this platform can still be used. True, move the STS/DTS to the new Zeta platform, because this platform can make larger RWD cars, and that's surely what Cadillac and Buick needs. Why move the CTS? Is it out growing its platform? Hell, let Buick get some of that technology! It is positioned to be a cheaper and curvier Lac anyway, ain't it? Why is American automakers so scarred to produce quality luxury coupes. If Mercedes Benz can create a beauty like the CL, why can't Cadillac ressurect the Eldorado and Buick do the same with the Riviera. All three of these cars are about the same in size. The Eldo and the Rivi will have to be RWD or AWD optional and there can not be room for any cutting corners. " It has to perform like a personal luxury touring coupe". Get some more use out of the Signa platform, and I think two coupes will help pay for it, if it's done correctly.

post-4263-1187105827_thumb.jpg

Edited by donpella

1. that picture is waaaaaaaay too big

2. it almost seems like you used the high-res backdrop and then pasted your chop onto it and blew up the car, which made the car very very blurry

3. the seams between the patches of car you stretched and moved around aren't at all difficult to see, so try going back in PS and making all the body lines match up smoothly, it'll do wonders for the way the car looks

4. i LOVE the shape of that cabin, it's very sinister looking, but as mentioned in #3, MAKE THE LINES MATCH UP!

good ideas, just needs some tinkering on :ph34r:

if you're not completely finished with this one i hope to see a revised, scaled down, version in the near future :D

Edited by Camaroman22

WOW!

make a regular V8 Northstar version and I'd be in.

LOVE the look!

A question: you used the STS because you were thinking of the V12 engine?

Edited by ZL-1

Greenhouse is very sedan like... not sleek & raked back like a coupe.

Also anotehr benefit of a more svelite greenhouse would be that you

could make the car a hardtop... 2-door sedans are never as cool as

hardtops, if you want this car to be competetive with the cars in it's

intended price range (esp. CLK550) a hardtop greenhouse would help!

the cabin looks huge... could almost put in a 3rd row of seats by the look of it. The front seats should be visible about 2/3 of the way back in the front door glass - where they are lined up with the B pillar you'd never be able to reach the steering wheel. The rear overhang is huge, too. I'd take care of both of these at the same time & try to pull the rear end forward some, taking the space out of the cabin. I think it would work better, dimensionally.

Overall a nice concept, could be great with some tweeks.

I would LOVE to see this but everytime I try to open an attatchment I get this

Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

A question: you used the STS because you were thinking of the V12 engine?

Yes I did use the STS to start with, but if you look closer , I made the space between the front wheelwell and the door longer to fit a possible V12. But hey the Mercedes Benz Cl has a V12 that is 6.0 liters and look at that hood, the Vette and Cts has a V8 that is about the same size.

the cabin looks huge... could almost put in a 3rd row of seats by the look of it. The front seats should be visible about 2/3 of the way back in the front door glass - where they are lined up with the B pillar you'd never be able to reach the steering wheel. The rear overhang is huge, too. I'd take care of both of these at the same time & try to pull the rear end forward some, taking the space out of the cabin. I think it would work better, dimensionally.

Overall a nice concept, could be great with some tweeks.

I used a picture of the long wheelbase STS sold in china. The roof is really all that I changed. I did extend the trunk a little, LOL, for more trunk space though. Thanks for the comments.

I would LOVE to see this but everytime I try to open an attatchment I get this

Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

x2

I thought Cadillac already had a large Suburban like vehicle! :smilewide:

But doesn't have 4 doors?

BTW PCS that has to be the BEST picture and angle I have ever seen of the GP GXP! I thought yours was that dark purple color though?

But doesn't have 4 doors?

BTW PCS that has to be the BEST picture and angle I have ever seen of the GP GXP! I thought yours was that dark purple color though?

It is Purple Haze, but the red was my 2nd choice. I actually had them lined up next to each other, and couldn't decide. So I picked Purple haze as that color is more rare. I put the red on my sig and in real life I drive the purple, so I get to have my cake and eat it too. :AH-HA_wink:

Thanks for the compliment. My next car will be either 2009 or 2010 Cadillac CTS or CTS-V, I'm thinking black cherry or red for that one too, who'd of thunk it? :P

For those who cannot view it...

Posted Image

I have got to say that as an Owner of a 2006 Escalade ESV Platinum, 2005 CTS, 2005 SRX and a 1994 GMC Suburban, I would LOVE to add this beauty to my stable of large roomy cars for us Large 6'6" tall Americans. :smilies-38096:

That image rocks. :ohyeah:

:metal: We really need a better Cadillac Smiley! :yes:

They are both too big for smilies, I think.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor