Spied: Chevy Lambda

Can't wait to see them. Any indication that the Chevy is a slightly rebadged Acadia/OUTLOOK?

EXACTLY what I'm wondering. Another Acadia/Outlook in overall body, but with a Chevy fascia and rear detail touches, or more thoroughly different? One can assume the interior is of its own, as the 3 so far are each unique, but we'll see.

Also here:

Edmunds Spy Photos Chevy Lambda

Looks like they used the Buick body for this one.

Which makes sense. 2 on the Outlook/Acadia body and 2 on the Envoy/Chevy body. I like what I see of the lights, kinda Cobalt/New Bu look to them. The grill will no doubt be better looking on this than the Aveo hatch. Now if the rear gets quad round lenses like it seems they could be doing that would be SWEET!

Kinda neat looking...it looks like the Enclave hit an Acadia and an Outllook cross-breed came from the union...not too bad. And those tailights look like the ones on one of those sub-subcompacts we saw during the show season. Cannot recall which one. Either that or you have been paging through the Alteeza catalog lately. :lol:

Enclave rear?

Super-size/hybrid flexfuel Equinox front?

Malibu headlights?

Audi Q7/ Minivan profile?

Yep. Chevy is the pinnacle of original styling in this industry. It better have an original interior. That's really retarted. I won't b**** and whine now about the extreme overlap that'll be going on, but as far as overall looks, I am not initially impressed. How long must we wait for the big picture? Detroit '08?

P.s. They should defffff bring back opera windows

Interesting.... That is going to replace Uplander or Trailblazer or both?

It looks fine to me. Just as long as it does not look like the others. The Malibu design front end is fine. My issue is the interior. Outlook already looks stripped. How do you make a Chevrolet look nice and not cheap at the same time? Time will tell. I will not make judgments until I see the vehicle.

Enclave rear?

Super-size/hybrid flexfuel Equinox front?

Malibu headlights?

Audi Q7/ Minivan profile?

Yep. Chevy is the pinnacle of original styling in this industry. It better have an original interior. That's really retarted. I won't b**** and whine now about the extreme overlap that'll be going on, but as far as overall looks, I am not initially impressed. How long must we wait for the big picture? Detroit '08?

P.s. They should defffff bring back opera windows

Where did you get your X-ray glasses? I for one can't see to much because of all the CAMO! I can get an idea of the shape of the tail lights and head lights and the grill. But other than that and I can't make out much, as GM wants it I am sure.

And the profile is straight Lambda.

Where did you get your X-ray glasses? I for one can't see to much because of all the CAMO! I can get an idea of the shape of the tail lights and head lights and the grill. But other than that and I can't make out much, as GM wants it I am sure.

And the profile is straight Lambda.

I got my x-ray glasses from common sense. I don't know about you, but besides the intricacies of the headlights and grille, I can kinda basically see 80-90% the general direction. The beltline is easy to see. The rear end is plain as black and white to see. I don't need x-ray glasses, really. Just common sense, bub.

I got my x-ray glasses from common sense. I don't know about you, but besides the intricacies of the headlights and grille, I can kinda basically see 80-90% the general direction. The beltline is easy to see. The rear end is plain as black and white to see. I don't need x-ray glasses, really. Just common sense, bub.

So your telling me you know exactly what this looks like under the camo?

And since when do we know the beltline will be the one we see, pretty much the same as say an Outlook or Enclave? Who is to say this is even on the same wheelbase? GM and others have been known to test something out on another chassis or model and just change what they needed. Since the front and rear are covered they may be the only things changed. Sure you can see the general direction but what have GM nuts been trying to beat through the bean coutner's heads: the devil is in the details.

Now if the rear gets quad round lenses like it seems they could be doing that would be SWEET!

Yeah, I think I'd like that too. Tough to tell though; I saw some spy pics of the new bu about a year ago and it had mocked up taillights that were round just so that the mule was road legal.

Looks pretty good I think. I've seen those taillights somewhere before, but I can't figure out where.

Right now the taillights remind me of a VW Jetta or Passat Edited by Windy-57

The evidence shown by the v shaped rear window bottom, the shape of the taillight assembly, and the evidence of a chrome accent strip above the taillights indicates we may be looking at a throwback to the 1959 Impala.

Posted Image

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

Welcome Jeremy! The photos I saw on AutoBlog looked good, if not too similar to Acadia/Outlook, a la Nova-style badge/grille engineering.

I'm seeing a lot of T2X influence in the front:

Posted Image

now THAT would sell, but yet they won't build anything like that?!

As far as the Lambda, 2 rebadges is ok, a 3rd is pushing it, but since one is so difference than the other 2 (Enclave) we can let that one slide. But to put a 4th that resembles the other 2 is not the way to go. Yeah I know, this was pushed out due to the Chevy dealers bit**ing about not having anything to sell. First off I do agree that they need something in that range to sell, but it should've been a SWB version (5 seater) to compete with the Ford Edge and keep it's "value" in play.

However I do believe the front end will be pretty cool looking though.

So your telling me you know exactly what this looks like under the camo?

And since when do we know the beltline will be the one we see, pretty much the same as say an Outlook or Enclave? Who is to say this is even on the same wheelbase? GM and others have been known to test something out on another chassis or model and just change what they needed. Since the front and rear are covered they may be the only things changed. Sure you can see the general direction but what have GM nuts been trying to beat through the bean coutner's heads: the devil is in the details.

Ah... good points. Let me attempt to disspell them. I don't think this is just a mule. This looks near pre-production. The Buick hips with the GMC/Saturn doors (look at the sculpting, it gives itself away) tell me that GM took time to blend them, which means they were thinking cosmetics over structure here.

And if you CAN'T see what that car looks like under there, you need a better monitior. On Jalopnik, just make the pic 1280, and those lights are clear as day to make out.

This vehicle is a total waste of time (and is another unknown name to most of the public). It is basically Acadia/Outlook sheet metal. They don't need 4 CUVs especially when they are all close in size to the new GMT900s. GM has no small SUV sized near the Escape, the Equinox and new Vue are a bit bigger, and once the Trailblazer goes away there will be no true midsized SUV. Plus there is no minivan. How can a major car company not have a minivan? Why do they have 4 brands of large CUVs and 4 brands with GMT900s and each brand has 2-3 versions of a GMT900.

The 4 clones of a minivan strategy failed badly 2 years ago, just like all their other rebadges from the 80s and 90s. I am so sick of rebadging. GM needs to get out of quantity mode and get into quality mode.

The other problem is GM is making competition for themself. Now a customer can shop a Saturn, GMC and Chevy, Buick too, against other dealers and drive the price down. They'll flood the market and have weaker resale values, just like they did with the GMT360s.

Edited by smk4565

i'm disappointed. i felt the traverse needed a 2 row version, and the 3 row should be bigger than the acadia, IMHO. i.e. taller and a bit more wheelbase. notably more cargo cap.

the acadia etc is so aero, i was hoping the chevy looked a bit more blocky like the current trailblazer. blocky but with sleeker forms. imagine a tahoe and suburban with some rake on the back hatch and not so puffy.

i bet chevy never intended to do a lambda and when they changed their tune, it was quicker to rebadge what they have. too bad.

more and more its looking like a flex in my future. not that its better, just that at least its different.

Edited by regfootball

look carefully the rear windows are different from the other lambdas.

only the doors and sideview mirrors, and sloping rear roof seem very similar.

the quarter panels, fenders, front, and rear all look completely different. I hold judgement til i see the real deal, specially if the interior is supposed to be unique to Chevrolet.

it does look shorter to me, but that could just be the pics.

I too was hoping for a 5 seater from Chevy. Everyone doesn't need a freakin' SEVEN seater SUV, for God's sake (Edge is selling well, for example). Mr. Snider has an interesting thought, with his '59 Impala comment.

This vehicle is a total waste of time (and is another unknown name to most of the public). It is basically Acadia/Outlook sheet metal. They don't need 4 CUVs especially when they are all close in size to the new GMT900s. GM has no small SUV sized near the Escape, the Equinox and new Vue are a bit bigger, and once the Trailblazer goes away there will be no true midsized SUV. Plus there is no minivan. How can a major car company not have a minivan? Why do they have 4 brands of large CUVs and 4 brands with GMT900s and each brand has 2-3 versions of a GMT900.

The 4 clones of a minivan strategy failed badly 2 years ago, just like all their other rebadges from the 80s and 90s. I am so sick of rebadging. GM needs to get out of quantity mode and get into quality mode.

The other problem is GM is making competition for themself. Now a customer can shop a Saturn, GMC and Chevy, Buick too, against other dealers and drive the price down. They'll flood the market and have weaker resale values, just like they did with the GMT360s.

i tend to agree?

I wanna segment busting minivan! :hissyfit:

Let GMC/Buick and Saturn keep their own trucks, give Chevrolet an exclusive van and put Chrysler to shame. As has been said above, the minivan market is not going away and if GM is to remain #1 in the world, it needs a segment busting minivan for when gas prices continue above $4.

Badge engineering sucks, and more than anything has sunk GM to where it is today.

THAT is cool...no wonder they never built it! :censored:

now THAT would sell, but yet they won't build anything like that?!

As far as the Lambda, 2 rebadges is ok, a 3rd is pushing it, but since one is so difference than the other 2 (Enclave) we can let that one slide. But to put a 4th that resembles the other 2 is not the way to go. Yeah I know, this was pushed out due to the Chevy dealers bit**ing about not having anything to sell. First off I do agree that they need something in that range to sell, but it should've been a SWB version (5 seater) to compete with the Ford Edge and keep it's "value" in play.

However I do believe the front end will be pretty cool looking though.

They did built the T2X... It is called Chevrolet Captiva, Holden Captiva, Vauxhall Antara and Opel Antara and Saturn VUE.

Posted Image

Why are you all bashing the vehicle before it hits the streets? That is no different than someone praising a Toyota Camry without merit.

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Those wheels are from the GMC Acadia (the 18" standard rim). The hatch design is very similar to the Enclaves (the shape of the rear glass). I agree with others, that it simply seems to be a melding of the Acadia/OUTLOOK/Enclave with Chevy styling cues. I guess we'll see the official version at one of the upcoming auto shows?