My Brain is Defective...

...As it is starting to want to sell the Grand Am! :o I don't know why, either. Tonight, all I have thought about is how to get rid of it. It's strange because I love it. I even went dealer hopping looking at used cars... And I got a strange urge towards some cars I never thought I'd consider. I've also been thinking about selling my beloved 300EX. Probably to help pay for a newer car since the GA isn't worth much. It is just really weird. I've been having alot of bad luck with my GA, too. It's as if something or someone wants me to get rid of it. Either that, or my brain is on the fritz... Anyways, the first car I thought about is a sensible one. Something that I would consider even if my brain wasn't acting funny like it is. The previous body style Grand Prix. I looked at a few... none of which I could ever afford, even with selling both my vehicles. They were all 02s or 03s. I would love to have one. I think seeing them do burnouts has helped that. The problem with it, though, is that its not very ideal. I mean, it is bigger, gets worse gas mileage and doesn't look good with the stock wheels (too small). So... The second is one I really can't explain. Its a 1999 Honda Civic. The dealership it was at, didn't have prices on any of their cars, so I don't know its price. It is basically the same color as mine (dark green), has the same transmission as mine (5 speed), and is the same body style as mine (coupe). It did have some modifications, though... aftermarket wheels, lowered suspension, altezzas, and a fart can exhaust. Yeah, yeah... rice. The only thing that I can truly say bothers me is the exhaust. The rest I'm quite all right with. Don't know of any engine modifications. The sad is that I'm really considering this car.... The third and final is another one that stumps me. A Saturn SC2. A second gen, basically. Not sure of the exact year. What is strange is that I... dislike Saturn. I really do. Anywho... it was black and had that third door. It also had aftermarket wheels. No other noticeable mods. Don't know the price of it, either. It has a 5spd.. almost forgot to say that. Really, I'm not feeling it, but I thought about it... So, what should I do, guys? Take a gun to my head? Bash it with a hammer? Or break some bottles over it? Edited by blackviper8891

An ATV.. :D

[post="25806"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Oohh.................................. kay

so your GA is worthless? :P

But dont worry, wanting a lil civic that you can redline all the time would be fun.

its funner to drive a slower car at 90% of its capacity than a faster car at 30% Edited by Teh Ricer Civic!

so your GA is worthless?

Pretty much. :D It's worth about $1500-$2000 while my ATV is worth about $3000.

Or maybe your brain is trying to tell you it is time for a Fiero...

Parents are still against me getting one. Even though I've shown them pics of its crash test next to our Blazer's... they still, somehow, think its a worthless death trap. Go figure.

Maybe trade the GA...for the saturn?

If I do end up selling the GA... I'll do just that. Sell it. Trading it in takes about half its value away, atleast according to KBB. That and I'm more interested in the Civic.

So... no one thinks I should bash my brains all to hell? :unsure: :D

I DO DIE!! no but search for a Fiero used being that you want one so bad! i saw one with 105000 for 1700 it had minor rust like on the wheel wells. dont get rid of the atv there so fun sometime better than dirt bikes. for a redline basher a metro or prism is good. try to go for a buick like a skylark im seriuos once you feel the smooth and at the same time tight car youll never want another car again trust me my next car might be a buick im for real.

Oh my... Hahaha... :lol: Anyways, I looked through the Saturday paper to see if there is an ad for that dealer. There is. They want nearly $10,000 for that Civic. I don't know about you, but I'd say that's overpriced by... oh.. how about... ALOT! They had newer Grand Caravans with lower prices there. They even had a Firebird of the same year for less. Can't forget... 01 Grand Prix, 01 Focus, 03 PT Cruiser, 01 Grand Am, and 00 Cougar. All cheaper. What the hell? Seriously? This is what I hate about Honda... and the fact that people are stupid enought to believe it...

Or you could buy a $500 drug auction Fiero, take out a good insurance policy on it, and park it on the shoulder beside a busy road. One careless driver or drunk yokel or strong breeze and KA-BOOM! payout heaven.

[post="25861"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Better yet drive your newly bought Fiero down a dirt road at 75mph at 2:00am with no lights on and you might get lucky and test out the safety of that space frame. :ph34r: Edited by Sixty8panther

I am a sad individual. At my age, I still daydream about so many different vehicle scenarios all the time. Vipes is just like me that way. Trust me, Vipes, it doesn't get any better, so you may as well enjoy your obsession and don't let it destroy you.

I know this isn't what you want to hear... but I'd keep the GA if it lives, until you're out of high school.

When I was your age, I wanted a 4 speed 305 Malibu in that Cinnabar orange color, a Chevette with Keystone Classic rims, a Dodge Mirada CMX, a Z28, a Firebird Formula, a Cutlass Salon, a Century Turbo Coupe, a Cavalier Type-10 hatchback, a J2000 coupe with rims, a Chrysler LeBaron (RWD then) coupe in black with Cragar S/S rims, oh man... the list goes on and on. These were all new cars back then. I was driving my grandfather's green '73 Catalina four door hardtop at the time... with the windows up and the fan on "high" in the summer to make people think I had a/c sweating my balls off and the AM radio turned up loud, single speaker squeaking its poor guts out.

I begged and nagged my poor grandfather until he bought me a brand new '81 Grand Prix, and you know what? I still wasn't happy. That was the first year for engine computers, and the car never ran for crap. I was so spoiled. Looking back now, I should have kept the Cat because it ran like a top with a 400 and a 2 barrel carb.

OcnBlu: have you seen that crazy "Napoleon Dynamite" flick? There's a kiler Grand Ville ragtop lowrider in it with red sparkle paint. :wub:

Sorry, couldn't find a 4dr '73 Cat.

Posted Image

That's her! That's my old baby peeking out of the dark. That blue coupe is pimpin', man. Imagine that car wit some 17" Torque Thrusts and nice fat blackwalls. Now that's rollin'!

You just cannot beat the smoooth ride, the feeling of limitless torque, and the song of an unfettered V8 under your foot. The B-body was, and is, Detroit at its finest. Can GM find her way again? Will they let Chrysler and Ford ride this wave alone? I pray not.

BTW, I love Napoleon Dynamite. And that ragtop is awesome! It's a '72, I believe.
Edited by ocnblu

Ocn, it's not that I want to get rid of it. I mean, GAs are my second passion behind Fieros. I love it. I do, but I just have this urge to get rid of it. I can't explain it. I really can't. It's just so weird. What's even weirder is that I really like the Civic. IDK... I think I just need some sense knocked into me... :unsure:

Ocn, it's not that I want to get rid of it. I mean, GAs are my second passion behind Fieros. I love it. I do, but I just have this urge to get rid of it. I can't explain it. I really can't. It's just so weird. What's even weirder is that I really like the Civic. IDK... I think I just need some sense knocked into me... :unsure:

[post="26052"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Theres nothing wrong with a civic, its the best compact car, i cant recall if the 99s had double wishbone suspension like the older ones do, but if it did it has potential.

Theres nothing wrong with a civic, its the best compact car, i cant recall if the 99s had double wishbone suspension like the older ones do, but if it did it has potential.

[post="26060"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

2001 is when the 6th gen civic came out without double wishbone, and i've driven one of those and still liked it! I don't know BV, go for what your heart wants, if that's a civic, so be it! Civic's are incredibly practical choices too, they will last and last and last, and nicely too.

One last thing: Consider a Nissan 240sx!!!!!!!

RWD, 170 hp in normally aspriated form, turbos are easily available, world-class handling and braking, steering....very efficient and sexy to boot. Edited by turbo200

My problem is that this Civic has turned out to cost way more than I can afford. I mean... $10k for a 1999 compact coupe? You've got to be kidding me... Especially when 2001 midsize sedans with supercharged engines are cheaper. Really, wtf?

As for the 240SX... I'll have to check it out. Basically, if it can cost around $6000, which is basically as much as I can afford at the moment, it'll be great.

And the Focus... I'm not a big Ford guy. Plus, I don't really like the Focus...

Still, this is all if I decide to get something to replace the GA. As I said, I like my GA. It handles great. I can never get it to squeal the tires. It does have too much body roll, though. Also, it has good power for a 4cyl. The styling is great, too, imo. It basically has all I can ask for, but it gets annoying. Nothing major, but small things. Like my problematic fuel filler door latch, tricky high beam stalk, questionable electrical system, and crap like that.

IDK... I think I might have WMJ come over with his folding chair.... :P

I'm don't really want something bigger... I'm a small person and the GA fits perfectly. 4cyl compacts are my thing. More reliable would be good, as the little problems are starting to annoy me. There are no major problems with it, just those. Also, something newer with better technology and crap like that would be nice. Still, if I do decide to get rid of the GA, I think it'll be after winter... and when I get a job (yeah, still don't have one. Decided to wait so I can focus on school). So... Probably around spring. I just wish that this dealer would knock about $4k off the price and hold on to it until I decide to buy or not. I mean, this Civic is really looking good to me. It's in good condition, has a reliable and smooth engine, 5spd manual, a sunroof, power locks and windows, cool aftermarket mods, and I love the color of it (same as my GA). I guess it's just not meant to be... :(

Ocn... I realize that, but finding one with the same options and with aftermarket wheels and suspension probably won't be easy. I mean, it's basically perfect. Yet, I most likely won't be able to get it. Just like when I found the perfect Fiero... This always happens. I find something perfect, yet can't have it. I guess I will never be able to be happy...

you think transvers mouted engines are expensive and har try a 6 clyinder fiero what a pain the engine has to be taken out and rolled to change the spark plugs that tooks us 2 days to do. but id stay with the GA until it rolls over and goes up in flames. but what i'd do is beat the shit out of the GA like neutral slams and stuff this winter and constaly floor it use heavy braking do dounuts in the parking lot then when it breaks down call your family up and be like my car broke down like transmission fell out so how about can you find me a car! i did that and i got a dedcent little truck until winter was gone and bought a used silverado until them stupid DEER destroy it!!

Your brain is not defective. I once had these thoughts of the Camaro. AND I WOULD'VE CONSIDERED A MUSTANG GT! :o

[post="26214"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I once came close to buying a 1990 Mustang GT with 190K miles. It was in mint condition and had great rims... the driver's side leather seat had a few rips but other than that it was pretty cool. White with a cool custom hood wiht the nasca ducts. I was going to pick it up and paint hugger orange shelby stripes on it... well, "grabber" orange technically. The problem was the owner was earger to sell the car but was unrealistic on the price. He wanted close to $2000.

but what i'd do is beat the shit out of the GA like neutral slams...

[post="26225"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

He's got a manual in the G/A so he can't pull neutral slams. I ues to in my Sunbird when I had much less brains as a 17 year old who hated drivihng a four cylinder fwd car I wanted a Camaro or Firebird wicked bad, I would have even taken a '74 six-cylinder at that point. Neutral slams are sooo bad for FWD cars. *cringes*

The self proclaimed "Hell's Pontiac Fanatic" driving a Japanese car desinged for practical A-to-B transportation all moded out with rice accesories? :blink:

Posted Image

:puke:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow.... nice loud fartcan and gross paint/sticker combo, what' have you doen to the engine? Turbo? Reprogramed computer? Headers & Borolas? NOPE. It's 100% stock, I just added 250lbs. of crap and doubled my rolling resistance wiht the 18" rims. Taht was my car can both look fast but be even slower that my neighbor's POS sedan wiht the 1.75" exhaust. :rolleyes:

Edited by Sixty8panther

Sixty8... :lol: Sorry. I saw it and fell in love with it. I know its fucked up being that I am Hell's one and only Pontiac fanatic. But you're forgetting that I am also a Honda fanatic. Remember now? So, it wouldn't be so much of a transition for me. Besides, the Civic will be more reliable, handle better, and be just as fun with the manual tranny. Sure it doesn't look hellish, like my GA, but it has this design purity. You probably won't understand that... It's understated and just looks good. It isn't riced out, either. Aftermarket wheels and lowered suspension isn't rice. The altezzas are, but they look better than the stock taillights, so I'm fine with them (actually, I think they are the same ones on the white Civic :D ). The fart-can is, too, but I can garantee to you that I will trash it for a better one (quad tips, anyone? :P ) as soon as I could. So, don't be so quick to judge. NOS, I will, but I'm not all that interested in a Sunfire.

I saw a (visually) riced Civic the other night while lot crusing. Body kit, taillights, fart can, deee tint (and the stock spoiler) for just under $12k. It didn't look half bad, they had a list of all the mods on the dash, I didn't bother to look. Edited by Satty

Um, the 99 Civic is simple and uncluttered from the factory... not ugly but bland as can be. Quad tips on a four cylinder car are usually retarded. At least wiht the Grand Am they're built into the rear bumper, on a 99 Civic they'd look like ass. Why try to "customise" a 1999 Civc wiht alteza lights and rims when there's 500 other civics just like it already. It's like the non-conformists back in High School.... they're supposedly rebelious and want to look different but yet all two dozen kids in their clique have piercings, dragon tattoos & wear all black. :rolleyes:

I was joking about Quad tips (smily; take a hint). I know they'd look horrible. Anyways, your logic isn't being open-minded... How many other GAs like mine are there? Huh? Yeah... alot. So how is it any different? It's bland? So what... It looks good. No, great. I like this Civic. All that should matter is whether I like it or not... Nothing else. You of all people should know that.

Also, customization doesn't necessarily mean to make it truly unique. In my case, it is always to make something look better. It applies to every car, including Fieros. I don't care if it isn't unique as long as I like it. That is how it should be with everyone. Trying to be unique... for the sake of being unique is just as retarded as conforming to the norms.

Anyways, time for the pics I took of it. These are for those who aren't close-minded, like Sixty8. That means keep quiet. Mmmkay? So, open-minded members, what do you guys think? Is it worth $10k? I still don't think it is, but I still want it even though I can't afford it... *sigh* Anyone want to donate? :lol:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

EDIT: I tryed to use periods and such.

I got the chair too!! to beat the crap out of you!..

If you like it, thats great it appeals to you and you drive it, and only you. So i understand. Thats with the caprice i now drive. "What in the hell would you buy that for", is what i always heard, I LOVE the thing. Maybe you should with Caprice there fast relible and comfy!

That is insane though, I would not pay 10k, i would offer $6,000 and sell the GA privately youll make more moiney trustme. I got burned by a dealer i traded a car in for 5,000. I saw it for sale for 14,000 it the paper the next week. I put brakes, sparkplugs, tires, and stuff like that before I gave it to them. Thats $9,000 in profit that I didn't see. Oh yeah $8,997 profit i forgot there $3 dollar car wash they put it through.

If they say $6,000 is to low say there are millions of green Civics out there, Good Bye! They might bring it down to $7,000 if your lucky. Use dowecheatumandhow (do we cheat um and how) tactics. Trust me im cheap and the dealer is cheap so i can keep talking him down. Like say stuff like the gas tank has dirt on it that can cause rust or look at theat windshield washer fluid its low. Is that a scrath on the frame. Just keep talkin him down. The more you offend him the better you are to get a cheaper price. Also always say I hate car dealereships and there is that one 15 min from here i might go there, trust me you can chear them.

EDIT: Is that better¿ Edited by capriceman

you cant deney a caprice! look at that grille!!Posted Image
look at that beutiful body work and luxurious style
Posted Image
is that a 305ci V8 with low end tourqe and tire squealing power.
Posted Image

o yeah a caprice should be in your future only problem has been a alternator.

yeah thats my car dont know why i have pics on my comp but it looks damn fine GM at its finest!!

(to bad i have a saturn rental right now its gettin some new paint right now a MAACO $250 Ambassator paint special)

Wow... Did you know punctuation and reading over your own post are good things? :lol: :D Anyways... $6000 is exactly how much I would offer. Weird. Totally weird. That must mean something. But back on topic... I'd like to try to talk the dealer down on it, but I'm what you would call shy; a true mute, unlike mute. I'm not good at this sort of crap. I could definitely try as I saw many blemishes where the price could be dropped. Mainly the front bumper which doesn't match up with the fender quite right(shown in the wheel pic). Also there were some minor stains on the interior fabrics. Not much else that I could notice... Still, I doubt they'd go down to $6k. Even if they could, I'd have hard time convincing them to. Then I still would be short a few grand as my GA is only worth about $2000 at the highest and my ATV only $3000. I could possible get more on my atv, but with the tires having very little tread, I doubt it. I guess I always have my other ATV. However, I doubt its worth anything at all. Maybe a few hundred bucks. I do have my bicycle... that'd be an additional $50 if I fix it and remove some of the rust. Can't forget my diecast collection. I've been wanting to sell it. Each one is worth around $10-$20. If I sell all of them, I could easily get a grand. I have alot of old clothes I never wear. I have some old electronics. I have some collectibles that could be worth something... I also have my Jeff Gordon memorabilia. He's sucking this year, so it's not like I would miss it. Um... wow, I probably sound extremely desperate right about now... :lol: lmao... :D

Posted Image

i got the chair too!! to beat the crap out of you!..

but if you like it thats great it appeals to you and you drive it so i understand thats with the caprice i now drive. What in the hell would you buy that for. I LOVE the thing go with that a Caprice man fast relible and comfy!!.

but i would not pay 10k i would offer 6,000 and sell the GA privately youll make more moiney trust i got burned by a dealer i traded a car in for 5,000 they i saw it for sale for 14,000 it the paper and i put brakes sparkplugs tires and stuff like that before thats 9,000 in profit that i didnt see o yeah 8,997 profit i forgot there $3 dollar car wash they put it through.

and if they say $6,000 is to low say there are millions of green civics out there good bye and they might bring it down to 7,000. Use dowecheatumandhow (do we cheat um and how)  tactics. trust me im cheap and the dealer is cheap so i can keep talking him down like the gas tank has dirt on it that can cause rust or look at theat windshield washer fluid its low. is that a scrath on the frame. just keep talkin down. the more you offend him the better. and always say i hate car dealereships and there is that one 15 min form here i might go there trust me.

[post="26634"][/post]

If you ever want people to read your posts you should use punctuation, and form sentences. As it is now, I'm guessing many people just skip over your posts.

I agree. Jeff Gordon has been going down hill ever since he won his last cup.

Now, now... I think I heard that he would have won the Championship last year if it weren't for the retarded new point system... Then again, I also think I heard he would have won it two years ago if it it did have the new system... Blah... Stupid Nascar.

f you are trying to get more money on your car you could always use some old dealership tricks, like putting on new tires on it that are really cheapie recaps, steam cleaning the engine compartment, adding some seat covers to hide stains, get the exterior detailed, add "custom" wheel covers and lights and what-not so you can charge more. The same can go for your ATV, but I wouldn't sell it. ATV's are too fun.

What if I have alloy wheels...? As well as stain-free seats? :P

As for the ATV, I don't really ride anymore. Especially now that I have my license. I just don't have time to and or the money to buy gas for both...

$$$$$$$

Carfax that thing and see if you can find some other reasons to lower the price.

I thought about that... but I'm so damn cheap that I don't want to pay for it. :D But if it means knocking as much as possible off of the Civic's price... hmm...

I didn't pass english clearly. I was that d+ kid. On the other hand you sound very desperte for that car. Just go and steal it scratch the vin and put your GA license plate on it. Then garage it for 2 yrs. Then go to a junk yard and pull a vin out and put it in place. Then apply for a title and get insurace. Never be shy walk in there a scream I'll pay you $4,000 for that POS sittin in that spot right there. Then if they say no be like, " i see my money is not wanted here", then leave. Trust me they will offer you a counter deal. Don't be afraid tell them every thing you see wrong, like those brake pads are painted red. Tell them that the paint might of burnt up the pads in a abnormal fashion. Keep the GA untill it dies cause there are newer and cheaper Hondas out there. If you want a fun 4 clyinder Pontiac stick try a Vibe. I drive my moms somtimes its fun to floor it in the 5000 rpm range and pop the clutch. No "offense" there is a gay factor. If that bothers you. It handles nice on curvy roads and has very tight steering. Plus its a pontiac. Also good gas milage. Note: I tried my best to use them periods and such! Edited by capriceman