Official 2008 Toyota Land Cruiser Pics

Flybrian

Absolutely, fantastically far beyond anything else on the market..

Undeniably a head-turner.

Superlatives will roll forth in abundance for for this vehicle.

Styling like we've never seen before.

An instant classic.

Just like the '79 Pacer all over again.

A no-style ride fit for a ****ard.

Clicking on this thread I thought I might actually like it....

The Land Cruiser is a legendary nameplate with a BIG following after all.

But somehow Toyota has managed to Camry-fy the L.C. even MORE w/

this generation. This looks hideous. It's ugly, it's boring & it's very 1992.

I think I figured it out. It's all a scheme.

Toyota comes out with this, but it's so boring that buyers instead opt for the much more expensive Lexus LX.

Nice try, Toyota, but you can't put one over on me! :lol:

Yes... the Truck is 1992, the decals are more 1991.

Hoinestly. that's liek someting you'd see in the Onion.

Considering how much worse it looks than the previous generation (which itself looks worse than it's previous generation, and considering that they did, in fact, use those nasty, ugly, bulging headlights like what the Camry has...I have decided to post a series of photos in tribute to Toyota:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest YellowJacket894

Oh wow, I don't think the thousands of decals GM applied to the flanks of the dozens of millions of 1996 S10s can top how pathetic the ones on this new Land Cruiser are. It's disgusting. And it's on a vehicle probably costing fifty grand plus? Guess Toyota's head is up its ass twofold.

And those are some big ass headlights. Looks like it's going to cry. (And why wouldn't it? I would cry too, if I was a Toyota.)

Edited by YellowJacket894

The exterior looks like a bulked-up Highlander, which in turn looks like a bulked-up RAV-4. I always thought that you made the lesser models in your lineup look more like the flagship to make your entire lineup appear more upscale. Toyota has reversed this concept; the flagship took design cues from the smaller vehicles so that it could look cheap. Oh well.

As far as the Lexus version (sorry, I can't remember the meaningless alpha-numeric model name); from the pictures I have seen of it, it is the same body with a different front and rear (Lexus-ised) treatment. GM, Ford, and Chrysler would get bashed about their cynical approach to unsuccessful badge engineering. Will the automotive press be as tough on Toyota for doing essentially the same thing?

Sometimes I think that maybe I'm living in a nightmare and when I wake

up Toyota will be in the No.28 spot saleswise in the USA, right behind

Peugeot, Renault & Fiat. It's like a sick joke... how much more crappy do

their products have to get in order to loose sales?

The fact that people buy Toyotas & Scions but are not

ashamed of it mystifies me! :huh:

I swear they already had pictures of this... or was it the sequoia? or the lexus? or the highlander? or the tundra?

Toyotas all look the same. i wouldn't have a problem with this, but the Lexus, Land Cruiser, Sequoia and Highlander are all a big messy blur to me. Sad for them.

which is why it will sell.

just like a middle aged princess wife, also, the land cruiser won't perform, either.

Ironically the tendency of the America is to like those kinda female species and give them an exotic name of MILF and go after them.

Guest YellowJacket894

It's all big hips and love handles like some frumpy middle-aged housewife who has let herself go.

It should wiggle it's big, child-bearing hips outta here ...

Edited by YellowJacket894

I love big girls... (fat chicks) but I think most Toyotas are disgusting.

Let's not get too analogy-happy.

Chicks with curves are cool, New Toyotas are never cool. :mellow:

As far as the Lexus version (sorry, I can't remember the meaningless alpha-numeric model name); from the pictures I have seen of it, it is the same body with a different front and rear (Lexus-ised) treatment. GM, Ford, and Chrysler would get bashed about their cynical approach to unsuccessful badge engineering. Will the automotive press be as tough on Toyota for doing essentially the same thing?

Probably not, since the ES350 isn't bashed for being a Camry clone by anyone but... well, us...