Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2008 Infiniti M (Facelift)

Bimmer325

Infiniti may have dissapointed some when they unveiled the 2008 EX35 crossover earlier today, but the following images of the 2008 M look promising. They've renewed interest in this car for me, at least. The tidier taillamps do wonders for it in my opinion.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Images Courtesy CarSpyShots.net Member Comrade.

See Infiniti, it's not that hard :)

I'm beginning to think I need to find another GM site. First the Mazda 6 humping... now this.

Infiniti M, How are you derivative... let me count the ways:

1. Think fast! Is it a G or an M?

Posted Image

2. Holy Saab Greenhouse Batman!

Posted Image

3. No longer putting that much thought into the clock anymore.....

Posted Image

and of course there are the buttons angled up and away from the driver.

I'm beginning to think I need to find another GM site. First the Mazda 6 humping... now this.

Infiniti M, How are you derivative... let me count the ways:

1. Think fast! Is it a G or an M?

Posted Image

2. Holy Saab Greenhouse Batman!

Posted Image

3. No longer putting that much thought into the clock anymore.....

Posted Image

and of course there are the buttons angled up and away from the driver.

Didn't know my opinion had to be questioned, how about I just don't post here anymore and make it easier for you.....

I'm thinking your biased ass might. :P

The only thing I nearly come to agreement with are the comments about the interior. That Saab comment was just silly... There is nothing remotely similar about it and any Saab. And if one can't tell the difference between an M and a G, I pull the blindness card.

Personally, I wasn't much of a fan of the M, but these slight changes improve upon its looks greatly. I especially like the view from the rear now.

Edited by blackviper8891

Didn't know my opinion had to be questioned, how about I just don't post here anymore and make it easier for you.....

Sorry, it wasn't directed at you specifically..... just the sudden surge of praise for otherwise unremarkable asian cars on a GM fan site.

I'm thinking your biased ass might. :P

The only thing I nearly come to agreement with are the comments about the interior. That Saab comment was just silly... There is nothing remotely similar about it and any Saab. And if one can't tell the difference between an M and a G, I pull the blindness card.

Personally, I wasn't much of a fan of the M, but these slight changes improve upon its looks greatly. I especially like the view from the rear now.

I'm not biased for or against Mazda. I think the current 6 is a fine car and handles well. However, I don't think it or the previews of the new one warrants any "wow! that's hot!"

RX-8 - sure that was a wow when new

Sky - that's a wow

300c - that's a wow usually in a very good or very bad way

Accord - meh

Camry - meh

Aura - meh, wow only because it came from saturn and took NA car of the year on the first try.

Posted Image

Posted Image

yeah... no similarity there..... the difference is the.... hood cut line... and the location of the turn signal inside the headlamp cluster?

Posted Image

Posted Image

nor here.... I will give them credit... they did use an Altima cut line for the rear most side windows....

Edited by Oldsmoboi

Sorry, it wasn't directed at you specifically..... just the sudden surge of praise for otherwise unremarkable asian cars on a GM fan site.

People are just offering their opinion... they can say whatever they want and you don't have to agree with them, but that doesn't mean you don't have to respect their opinion.

Altima...

... 69/month...

... You're not a mod yet Toronodoboi :AH-HA_wink: lol

I'm not biased for or against Mazda. I think the current 6 is a fine car and handles well. However, I don't think it or the previews of the new one warrants any "wow! that's hot!"

Sky - that's a wow

Accord - meh

Camry - meh

Aura - meh, wow only because it came from saturn and took NA car of the year on the first try.

Posted Image

Posted Image

yeah... no similarity there..... the difference is the.... hood cut line... and the location of the turn signal inside the headlamp cluster?

Posted Image

Posted Image

nor here.... I will give them credit... they did use an Altima cut line for the rear most side windows....

From what was shown of the new Mazda6, it will easily be the best looking midsizer, which, certainly warrants more than what you were willing to give it credit for.

Also, any self respecting auto enthusiast could tell which was the M and the G... With their eyes closed. Similar design theme or not, its easy to see the differences. As for the greenhouse, again, there is absolutely NOTHING similar between it and a Saab. I'm beginning to think that you're delusional.

Sky - that's a wow

Accord - meh

Camry - meh

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

From what was shown of the new Mazda6, it will easily be the best looking midsizer, which, certainly warrants more than what you were willing to give it credit for.

Also, any self respecting auto enthusiast could tell which was the M and the G... With their eyes closed. Similar design theme or not, its easy to see the differences. As for the greenhouse, again, there is absolutely NOTHING similar between it and a Saab. I'm beginning to think that you're delusional.

:withstupid:

It's pretty easy to tell the differences between an M and a G, as he said, any self respecting car enthusiast can tell the difference. As for the roofline, you must be blind or trying desperately to knock the car. The rooflines aren't even the same...if you need proof for yourself because your eyes aren't good enough to do the job open up PhotoShop, put the cars in layers, turn down the opacity of the top layer and there ya go.

Anyway, I like the changes to the rear...they make it look a lot better...which is good because IMO the rear was the only real weak point of the car's design.

Also, any self respecting auto enthusiast could tell which was the M and the G...

It's not the auto enthusiasts Infiniti should be worried about..... I can tell the difference between a '03, '04, 05', and '06 CTS visually. To everyone else, they'd look the same.

It's gotta pass the mother test. If your mother can't tell the difference between the models without looking at the badges, it's not different enough.

It's not the auto enthusiasts Infiniti should be worried about..... I can tell the difference between a '03, '04, 05', and '06 CTS visually. To everyone else, they'd look the same.

It's gotta pass the mother test. If your mother can't tell the difference between the models without looking at the badges, it's not different enough.

By your logic the CTS, STS and every other Cadillac look the same and not different enough because the front ends all use the same styling cues...vertical lights, same shape grill, etc.

By your logic the CTS, STS and every other Cadillac look the same and not different enough because the front ends all use the same styling cues...vertical lights, same shape grill, etc.

there is a difference between using the same grill and similarly shaped grills.

Take a look at the fronts of most any brand of the same vintage. You'll find the same damn thing. It's called a family resemblence. Most brands have one. Hell, most cars from the '70s, '80s and early '90s look a like regardless of brand. Your old Cutlass Supreme could easily be mistaken for a Grand Prix or even a Sunbird by the aforementioned "mother test". My mom does it on a regular basis.

there is a difference between using the same grill and similarly shaped grills.

Err... Are you sure you're not blind? There are clearly differences between the grills of the M and G. If anything, the previous CTS, STS, and SRX's grills are more identical. The new CTS and STS grills pretty much are as well. Edited by blackviper8891

Take a look at the fronts of most any brand of the same vintage. You'll find the same damn thing. It's called a family resemblence. Most brands have one. Hell, most cars from the '70s, '80s and early '90s look a like regardless of brand. Your old Cutlass Supreme could easily be mistaken for a Grand Prix or even a Sunbird by the aforementioned "mother test". My mom does it on a regular basis.

My old Cutlass supreme doesn't even have a grill where as the GP does..... they use the same headlights... that's it.

Yeah, not so much. The nuances add up and make them incredibly dissimilar.

I also appreciated the last M. Sure, it was old and cramped, but it made more of a statement than today's.

The old M45 was a badass car. I'd rank it up there next to the B-body SS and Merc Marauder.

Yeah, not so much. The nuances add up and make them incredibly dissimilar.

I also appreciated the last M. Sure, it was old and cramped, but it made more of a statement than today's.

Similar body shape, similar greenhouse shape, similar beltline, nearly identical headlight shape. If it weren't for the Cutlass' ribbed cladding versus the Sunbird's flared cladding (ironic) and the black molding of the Subird, they would look even more alike. :P

Agreed about the original M45, though.

Even in this, you have to admit that there is more differentiation between the Cutlass and GP than there is between the G and M front clips

My old Cutlass supreme doesn't even have a grill where as the GP does..... they use the same headlights... that's it.

LMAO.

• 4 weeks later...

The newly reformed taillamps do wonders for this car's appearance. At least, from the rearview. They didn't modify the front enough to really make a statement regarding a "refresh" in comparison to the Cadillac STS's refresh.

Overall, a useful improvement, but still not excting from a design standpoint, and cars in this class need to stand out.

Even though I don't care for Toyota Motor Corp. in general, I do prefer the Lexus GS cars versus Infiniti's M's.

Say what you will (the interior is a bit awkward) but the Infiniti M is a great looking car IMHO.

The 1st gen. took a while to grow on me, the 2nd gen. has always been a guilty pleasure of mine.

• 2 weeks later...