Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GXT

2008 Accord Coupe with Body Kit Pics

28 posts in this topic

Not so sure I like that. The ass is like a bigger version of the old Sebring, the sides look like an old Pontiac's, and the front looks better stock.

Not bad, though I imagine it would look better without the side rub strips or the front cladding.

It's gorgeous, minus the crappy 4cyl stock rims. Wish it was the V6 model with the V6 rims. Nice color! I imagine the back end will look less plain once it has emblems.

I don't like the back at all!

Why does Honda continue to use 'Mr. Opportunity' in their advertising of clearence vehicles?

He's going on about tanning lotion and barbecue sauce now.

Edited by Captainbooyah

R eally

I t's

C rappy

E engineering

There's no engineering involved in tacking on bits of ugly fiberglass/plastic molds. The body kit looks ugly and ricy, the coupe looks far better without it.

That front overhang is longer than the entire hood on a new Civic....

Looks almost.... FRENCH. NOt in a good way either.

The one nice thing is the greenhouse is stylish.

Still you'd have to PY ME to drive a fugly Accord. :puke:

I'm liking the Accord less the more pictures I see of it. Those taillamps are ugly, and the short deck / bubbleback rear end reminds me of a 1983 Capri hatchback.

Caution, I may offend somebody. I think that this Accord si, as i hope it will be called, looks gorgeous.

It makes me upset that GM 'people' rain down on the 'rice' crowd. There is nothing excessive or ricey about this Accord, in my eyes. Granted, it has some bizzare angles, but look at the G6 GXP... Yeah... yuck.... I think this stems from the fact that few people are actually excited to do aftermarket work on the SS's, V's, Denali's, Super's, Red Line's, Aero's and GXP's of the world.

I personally think Honda is doing it's own thing. I see so many riced out 90's Accords and Civics on the road. Honda is staying true to what has sold for them in droves. And I salute them for staying true to the vision. People simply don't do that on Solaras. And if less Toyotas will be sold because of this, I'm on Honda's side.

Now, alot of rice is done in bad taste, but I don't look down on this model that nobody besides Honda has touched yet.

And sorry for the long post, this just bugged me a bit.

I think the body kit looks alright but the Accord looks better without it. The coupe is very sexy. The sedan, on the other hand...yuck.

It makes me upset that GM 'people' rain down on the 'rice' crowd. There is nothing excessive or ricey about this Accord, in my eyes. Granted, it has some bizzare angles, but look at the G6 GXP... Yeah... yuck.... I think this stems from the fact that few people are actually excited to do aftermarket work on the SS's, V's, Denali's, Super's, Red Line's, Aero's and GXP's of the world.

Why would you NEED to improve the performance on a V-series or a SS???

I loev working on my car btu the WHOLE point of a V/GXP/SS is a FACTORY tunned Hot Rod.

I personally think Honda is doing it's own thing. I see so many riced out 90's Accords and Civics on the road. Honda is staying true to what has sold for them in droves. And I salute them for staying true to the vision. People simply don't do that on Solaras. And if less Toyotas will be sold because of this, I'm on Honda's side.

Whatever helps YOU sleep at night.

Hond-Acura is NO BETTER than Toyopet in my opinion.

Edited by Sixty8panther

Hond-Acura is NO BETTER than Toyopet in my opinion.

Honda is - and always has - been about the engineering.

Honda is the lesser of two evils. :)

I don't mind Honda as a company even though not much appeals to me in their lineup. Some of the Honda boyz who brag about their riced Civics could use a good slapping on occasion, but as a company Honda is usually fairly humble compared to Toyota's "best-ever" song and dance.

Honda is the lesser of two evils. :)

I don't mind Honda as a company even though not much appeals to me in their lineup. Some of the Honda boyz who brag about their riced Civics could use a good slapping on occasion, but as a company Honda is usually fairly humble compared to Toyota's "best-ever" song and dance.

I'm actually going to have to agree. Honda does toot it's own horn on occasion, but they don't do it constantly like Toy-blows-a.

As for the car, it's just like any other old Accord except it looks slightly less bland. Still boring though.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Sorry Not a fan of this here. Some times even a lot of make up will not make a plain girl look sexy.

It is like a morphed Sebring. G6, Solara and some tacked on FX.

In a already slow coupe market I see this making a ding vs a dent in the market.

This is the perfect car for the past Prelude owner that can still live without 4 door.

I think the new RWD Hyundia will be much more competitive but even it will never reach Challanger, Mustang and Camaro levels in the hard sell coupe market.

It is amazing how I have come to like the Acura styling but have little for the generic Honda styling. It just has little personality. It gives me the impression that thoes who drive Honda just want transprotation vs Acura drivers wanting to be noticed.

Edited by hyperv6

All I'm going to say is we have a couple new Civics at work and ther

othat day when I had to drive the two door 6-spd the interiror made

me so disgusted I felt sick to my stomach. What a gross car.

Absolutely DIS-GUS-TING.

Ever throw up REALLY hard? You know how you immediately want to

brush your teeth and mouthwash? That's how I felt getting out of that

fugly (2007) Civic. I took a drive in the still Japanese but much more

appealing RX-8 to wash the Honda-cooties off myself.

The shifter, door panels, e-brake & dashboard are so awkward in the

Honda it makes me uncomfortable emotionally & physically. I really

mean it when I say I HATE Honda. To me most Hondas are very ugly,

awkward & unappealing.

The Civic is like cracking a bad sexist joke at your best friend's mom's

Funeral, that kind of uncomfortable. :puke:

And DO NOT get me started abotu the Ridgeline we traded in. I would

honestly rather drive a 1979 Hyundai Pony 4-speed.

PLEASE!

People are so quick to jump on Honda because they are Japanese or for whatever reason you please. Recognize a fine car, and don't bash it because YOU hate the company.

On my respect meter, Honda is #2 to BMW because they care about the car, engineering, and experience. Not the sales numbers that Toyota and GM worship, and in GM's case, almost always fails at.

And ugly? Hondas are fine. I'm not a fan of the US-spec Civic because of the front, but at least Honda takes a chance. The Coblaaaah looks like a bar of soap that is very suprised. UGLY!

Not ugly, but I prefer something more subtle. I will say that color is very eye catching, and not hard on the eyes at all. That coupe is a much needed improvement over the current gen and way ahead of the Solara and G6 coupe.

I like the blue on that coupe, but it would 100% better without the tacked on gorp (skirting , wing, etc.) Though I like the blue '90s TC in the background much more.. :)

Edited by moltar

Honda aint $hit. If they were than the McLaren F1 would have a Honda

motor and not a BMW V12. Honda was given first dibs on the McLaren

F1 powerplant, they said the specs. McLaren gae them were unrealistic.

BMW cam in ahead of schedule, with MORE HP/lbs. than McLaren asked

for and under budget.

Honda does NOT impress, sorry.

NEXT! :)

Honda aint $hit. If they were than the McLaren F1 would have a Honda

motor and not a BMW V12. Honda was given first dibs on the McLaren

F1 powerplant, they said the specs. McLaren gae them were unrealistic.

BMW cam in ahead of schedule, with MORE HP/lbs. than McLaren asked

for and under budget.

Honda does NOT impress, sorry.

NEXT! :)

The sad thing is that in F1 ever since the BMW, Mclaren, and Toy have been racing, Honda has won more races than the BMW and certainly than the Toy (which is yet to win one). When it comes to motorcycles in FIA GT championship, Mick Doohan's Repsol Honda literally raped the other bikes, before he was in a terrible wreck.

Honda do emphasize on engineering. They are not a bad vehicles, just F*ing boring design, and no punch, I hate non-torquey motors.