Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

All set for $5 gas?

I paid $2.69 last night. I think anything over $1.50 is highway robbery

but what can we do against the power that be...?

Look at my signature...do I seem like I care?

Fly, do you have shares in Texaco? :P

We're paying $3.88 a U.S. gallon (.97 a litre) up here. We hit 1.30 a litre (about 5.20) two years ago when Katrina hit. I just bought an Optra 5 for my other half and he only drives about 150 miles a week, so no, we don't care too much about gas prices.

i've got plenty of gas right now and i won't charge you a single dime for it.

Look at my signature...do I seem like I care?

I LAWLed at these.

If it does climb again I'll ask for a raise to offset the price of delivering...did I mention I hate assholes who don't tip?

Guest YellowJacket894

Oh goodie, goodie! Looks like Exxon has found yet another excuse to further line the interiors of their Lord Buxtons. Hoooo-raaaaayyyyy!

-_-

Oil prices are lower than they've been in a long time. Gas is still $2.50 a gallon. Guess they must find a way to justify the cost, as the means do not make sense.

My bull$h! detector hasn't jumped this high since I was blatantly lied to repetitively by my last two ex-girlfriends.

Oh goodie, goodie! Looks like Exxon has found yet another excuse to further line the interiors of their Lord Buxtons. Hoooo-raaaaayyyyy!

-_-

Oil prices are lower than they've been in a long time. Gas is still $2.50 a gallon. Guess they must find a way to justify the cost, as the means do not make sense.

My bull$h! detector hasn't jumped this high since I was blatantly lied to repetitively by my last two ex-girlfriends.

you still nailed them though, right?

thread=carry on

I LAWLed at these.

If it does climb again I'll ask for a raise to offset the price of delivering...did I mention I hate assholes who don't tip?

Not likely to happen. In fact Pizza Hut recently changed their commission structure, instead of getting a set amount per delivery (had been as much as $1.25) there is a scale based on number of deliveries per run, i.e. taking a single nets the driver $1.06 taking a double adds an extra $0.76 adding a third delivery adds an extra $0.21. A friend of mine who still delivers was telling me about this a few weeks ago, all of the drivers were bitching. I told him to get out, being a delivery driver hasn't been worth it in about two years, between gas, maintenance and depreciation, it just isn't viable as a full time job, which is what I told people when I left last year. Nobody believed me. Now they're making less than a year ago (even with the minimum wage increase) and I'm making twice what I used to..

Guest YellowJacket894

you still nailed them though, right?

I'll be honest, things didn't last long enough with either of them to get that far. One lasted about three months (got tired of me, basically), the other was about two weeks (indecision made things fall apart). Still doesn't mean I didn't try to go as far as I could without being an asshole. :smilewide:

And now I'm about to go down the same road again with another girl. Guess I like the abuse. But, hey, I can't live with a missing rib! :D

thread=carry on

:withstupid:

Oh, which corner are you working, Satty? :pbjtime:

I'm looking for a new one since those damned trannys beat me up and took my turf. Maybe I'll grab my Louisville Slugger and get my corner back.

But seriously, I've managed to parlay my experience as a delivery driver/pizza bitch and my half a Bachelor's degree into a pretty sweet gig as a paperwork bitch for a company that sells crap to people who feel they need crap. The important thing is that I have a part-time assistant and a cubicle that I have decorated with Family Circus comics whose text I have whited out and replaced with punchlines that are actually funny.

They are. 26-30 for the Bonnie, 24-28 for the Aurora. Makes me wonder why people deal with the embarassment of a Corolla to get, what, 6mpg more?

Exactly.

If I was more concerned about MPGs I'd buy another B-body...

You can have a nice big cushy Fleetwood Brougham & get almost

30mpg AND keep your dignity.

----

As far as the sex-for-pizza deal... I';d think that a girl willing to

give it up for $10 worth fo junk food A.) doesn't have much self

respect, and B.) probabyl does have the clap & maybe the 'Hiv.

Exactly.

If I was more concerned about MPGs I'd buy another B-body...

You can have a nice big cushy Fleetwood Brougham & get almost

30mpg AND keep your dignity.

Hmmm...didn't those V8 B-bodies struggle to get 20 mpg?

Anyway, it's $2.85 here in metro Denver... filled up the GC yesterday, getting my usual 16-18mpg with mixed city/freeway driving...

The guy I sold my 1994 Roadmster to had a nicer, cleaner 1996

that he said got him 28pmg consistantly on the highway... this

was not some retard shooting from the hip, the guy also has a

1939 Pontiac & he is going to drop the LT1 out of my Roadmster

into his 1987 elCamino, he's a real gearhead.

28 to me is almost 30. :globe:

The guy I sold my 1994 Roadmster to had a nicer, cleaner 1996

that he said got him 28pmg consistantly on the highway... this

was not some retard shooting from the hip, the guy also has a

1939 Pontiac & he is going to drop the LT1 out of my Roadmster

into his 1987 elCamino, he's a real gearhead.

28 to me is almost 30. :globe:

Interesting..just hard for me to believe big heavy cars like that getting that much mileage. Though I have seen my 5.0 Mustang get 27 on the highway, so I know it's possible for a V8 to get decent mileage...

As far as the sex-for-pizza deal... I';d think that a girl willing to

give it up for $10 worth fo junk food A.) doesn't have much self

respect, and B.) probabyl does have the clap & maybe the 'Hiv.

Apparently, you don't watch either the Jerry Springer or Maury Povich shows :lol: My 13 y-o has been watching that garbage all summer and there are many teenager girls that "give-it-up" for food and/or clothes!!! What they don't get at home, they will seek elsewhere. :stupid:

Not likely to happen. In fact Pizza Hut recently changed their commission structure, instead of getting a set amount per delivery (had been as much as $1.25) there is a scale based on number of deliveries per run, i.e. taking a single nets the driver $1.06 taking a double adds an extra $0.76 adding a third delivery adds an extra $0.21. A friend of mine who still delivers was telling me about this a few weeks ago, all of the drivers were bitching. I told him to get out, being a delivery driver hasn't been worth it in about two years, between gas, maintenance and depreciation, it just isn't viable as a full time job, which is what I told people when I left last year. Nobody believed me. Now they're making less than a year ago (even with the minimum wage increase) and I'm making twice what I used to..

:P

Oh boy, let's start a GAS SCARE! EVERYONE PANIC!!!

Sure, prices could go up with a natural disaster, but I don't recall speculation like this ever helping...

I'm so sick of this approach the gas companies are taking with consumers, and the sad thing is it works everytime! The media nowadays makes me puke with their sensationalism slants, they don't help with the panic inset either with the consumers. Anyway it looks like I'll be paying $50 - $60 to fill up again :censored:

Did you hear that the prime minister of Bolivia's third

cousin once removed, dog walker's father-in-law's

half-sister's manicurists's aunt got a speeding ticket

the other day?

I'm pretty sure that means that gas will be $7 by 2008.

Hmmm...didn't those V8 B-bodies struggle to get 20 mpg?

Anyway, it's $2.85 here in metro Denver... filled up the GC yesterday, getting my usual 16-18mpg with mixed city/freeway driving...

Every fall I take a trip through the mountains of Western PA. Every other year we take my friend's 94 Roadmaster. Even in the hilly terrain we see 25mpg