New Ute Unveil in 4 days, 22 hours

I was checking the Holden website. The unveil of the new Holden Ute is August 23. You can sign up for updates via your email. Hopefully an official announcement for the El Camino will be coming during the auto show season?

Camino, are you ready? I know I am!

KC

If you have to ask, then you'll never understand. It's something in your blood man.

But, to think about it. A car based truck gives you utility with bit better gas mileage than a full size truck due to the weight advantage, and also the handling is better than a tradition pickup truck.

Another good thing, most are two seat and you can take the wife (or husband, or partner) with NO KIDS. There's a pleasure in that. Also, if you want a Crew, you can get one and have a practical truck with room for the family and a bed for utility. Its the best of both worlds.

Question... And Holden fans don't get angry.

What is the fascination?

Do the sunrays in the Southern Hemisphere make you get wet over big, RWD car based pickups? I really don't understand.

What's not to like ? Utes are perfect for many uses, from a base model for tradies to a two door sports car with a tub out the back. They have a carrying capacity up to 1800 lbs and a towing capacity up to 3500 lbs ( and these are very conservative figures ), and a 6.0l v8 manual with IRS "SS" model that has everything an "SS" sedan has minus the back seats, whilst being lighter, faster and about 9-10k cheaper, and having better resale value. Then there are the HSV models with LS2's - awesome. These are the VE's that I am most interested in and it's been a long wait.

What's not to like ? Utes are perfect for many uses, from a base model for tradies to a two door sports car with a tub out the back. They have a carrying capacity up to 1800 lbs and a towing capacity up to 3500 lbs ( and these are very conservative figures ), and a 6.0l v8 manual with IRS "SS" model that has everything an "SS" sedan has minus the back seats, whilst being lighter, faster and about 9-10k cheaper, and having better resale value. Then there are the HSV models with LS2's - awesome. These are the VE's that I am most interested in and it's been a long wait.

:yes:

I just don;t get you PCS. :huh:

Can't wait to see what it will look like!

Take a VE and cut the back off, it's a Ute. :smilewide:

Take a VE put a Pontiac badge on it, it's a Pontiac.

Take a VE put a Chevy bade on it, it's a Chevy.

Take a VE put a Buick badge on it, it's a Buick.

Take a VE put a Cadillac badge on it, it's a Cadillac. :rolleyes:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Take a VE and cut the back off, it's a Ute. :smilewide:

Take a VE put a Pontiac badge on it, it's a Pontiac.

Take a VE put a Chevy bade on it, it's a Chevy.

Take a VE put a Buick badge on it, it's a Buick.

Take a VE put a Cadillac badge on it, it's a Cadillac. :rolleyes:

Take a VE, remove all badges, it's a great car! :P

When (IF!?) gas is $5 a gallon your FWD GP will do

consuiderably better than a Zeta with AFM? C'mon

dude, now you are starting to sound ignorant.

I just can't to see it and the HSV versions. The wagon should be great too. Just get yourselves down here and see them in person - they're sex!

I love them because even with the hi-po models I can still throw stuff in the back and use it in a practical manner yet its a faster, cheaper coupe.

And.. the ute is an Aussie invention, the ute culture here is massive!

I just can't to see it and the HSV versions. The wagon should be great too. Just get yourselves down here and see them in person - they're sex!

I love them because even with the hi-po models I can still throw stuff in the back and use it in a practical manner yet its a faster, cheaper coupe.

And.. the ute is an Aussie invention, the ute culture here is massive!

I wish I could come see them in person.

Can we lock PCS out of andy and all Pontiac/Zeta/Holden threads? :P

Massive? Your total population is 20,434,176, I wouldn't call that massive, the State of Florida alone has a population of 18,089,888. :rolleyes:

Yeah Ricer Culture here in FL can be considered massive too. I think he is right in that context. Just that the ratio of proportions for massiveness is similar despite the numbers being 1/15th of what you are comparing to (two nation's populations). :AH-HA_wink:

Can we lock PCS out of andy and all Pontiac/Zeta/Holden threads? :P

Not to worry 68, I will be moving to Switzerland soon anyway, so I won't be able to post as much, at least for a while, :AH-HA_wink: . After I'm there, I won't need to post about them much at all, as they will feel my sting directly and indirectly. So there won't be a need to rant, well at least not as much. :smilewide: I think they will wish I was still ranting, after all is said and done. :P

Hey now, don't be making light of the Australian culture. They have a rich culture that is not too dissimilar from our own. To them, the Ute culture is huge not in number, but popularity, just like the ricer culture is here, and the muscle car movement was back in the 1960s.

Not to worry 68, I will be moving to Switzerland soon anyway, so I won't be able to post as much, at least for a while, :AH-HA_wink: . After I'm there, I won't need to post about them much at all, as they will feel my sting directly and indirectly. So there won't be a need to rant, well at least not as much. :smilewide: I think they will wish I was still ranting, after all is said and done. :P

Your stance on this makes absolutely no sense. You work for GM, and yet you want to tear down both Holden and Pontiac which you claim to be able to make happen or at least have influence over.

You have never adequately said why nor offered any viable alternatives, and no, FWD Opels won't come close to cutting it.

Please explain yourself, because I don't get it.

Other than filling out the Saturn lineup I don't see much value in European GM models for our market. Holden models, on the other hand, make perfect sense.

What's up with all of this hinting and threatening anyway, I can't see the good in it at all. :blink:

Hey now, don't be making light of the Australian culture. They have a rich culture that is not too dissimilar from our own. To them, the Ute culture is huge not in number, but popularity, just like the ricer culture is here, and the muscle car movement was back in the 1960s.

You've hit the nail right on the head there KC, thanks mate!

Your stance on this makes absolutely no sense. You work for GM, and yet you want to tear down both Holden and Pontiac which you claim to be able to make happen or at least have influence over.

You have never adequately said why nor offered any viable alternatives, and no, FWD Opels won't come close to cutting it.

Other than filling out the Saturn lineup I don't see much value in European GM models for our market. Holden models, on the other hand, make perfect sense.

What's up with all of this hinting and threatening anyway, I can't see the good in it at all. :blink:

Don't sweat him Camino, PCS suffers from fart breath a bit. Although he does make no sense at all sometimes.

I'm curious about this as well. If you are as in tuned to the auto U.S. auto industry as you represent, then lets hear it. :glare: