Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peugeot_206

Corvair Sedan and Coupe

17 posts in this topic

Positioned inbetween the Cobalt and Malibu, A coupe and sedan using the 2.2, and 2.4L Ecotecs (rear mounted) and soon to follow a Van, Wagon and Convertible.

Posted Image

WIP

Yeah, what's with that? The front passengers will be fine, but the rear passengers, no so sure....

You should try applying the split horizonatal grille for a more modern look, this looks like it could have been designed in the 1980s....

but so does the 2009 Toyota Land Cruiser, so this isn't the only one.....

The coupe has some potential, your best drawing I've seen, and I've never really cared for your work, until now. I'm interested to see what you could do.

It's quite rough, keep working on it and it'll be pretty good.

...soon to follow a Van, Wagon and Convertible.

A van? You mean like an Opel Corsa style van?

Posted Image

That wouldn't really work in North America.

I like the idea of something between the Cobalt and Malibu though.

Yeah, what's with that? The front passengers will be fine, but the rear passengers, no so sure....

You should try applying the split horizonatal grille for a more modern look, this looks like it could have been designed in the 1980s....

but so does the 2009 Toyota Land Cruiser, so this isn't the only one.....

The coupe has some potential, your best drawing I've seen, and I've never really cared for your work, until now. I'm interested to see what you could do.

It's quite rough, keep working on it and it'll be pretty good.

Again, you talk like you're a SO much better drawer than I am.

----------------

Methinks I Exaggerated the Car a bit too much. The Beltline is High (Chrysler 300 High) and the windows are small and squat.

Two, the Feature of the Corvair WAS not to have a Grille (or a small one at that). If you look at the Lower Front Spoiler, you'll see the Split horizontal Grille there.

I've heard of Kammback but this is just ridicullous... :P

206, I think its pretty cool and a bit radical with respect to the rest of the lineup, like the original. I especially like your coupe, and look forward to you fleshing out the lineup with more bodystyles.

A van? You mean like an Opel Corsa style van?

Posted Image

That wouldn't really work in North America.

I like the idea of something between the Cobalt and Malibu though.

Here's the Original Corvair Van.

Posted Image

Again, you talk like you're a SO much better drawer than I am.

----------------

Methinks I Exaggerated the Car a bit too much. The Beltline is High (Chrysler 300 High) and the windows are small and squat.

Two, the Feature of the Corvair WAS not to have a Grille (or a small one at that). If you look at the Lower Front Spoiler, you'll see the Split horizontal Grille there.

Here we go again, just like at GMI....

I'm not going to bother explaining what I said back at GMI....

I'm only giving suggestions to help, that's all, sorry for trying to help! and not trying to sound like a better drawer, just someone trying to help another out and give suggestions.

Buddy it could really use some work. And no way it represents a Chevrolet, may be a Renault or a Scion. .

But at least you are getting out of those bulbous proportions of your previous designs.

Must... resist... urge to look for... 1965-9 Corvair hardtops... on eBay... :mellow:

Posted Image ?

I'm just going to say this: You're sketches are awesome, but they all the same. Short hood, exaggerated body length, squished greenhouse, aggressive fascia, FWD proportions, same perspective. It works for some designs, but not for most of them, including a Corvair. Try doing something radically different than your norm. Mix things up, do something new. It'll only improve your skills and give you more flexibility.

Edited by blackviper8891

I'm just going to say this: You're sketches are awesome, but they all the same. Short hood, exaggerated body length, squished greenhouse, aggressive fascia, FWD proportions, same perspective. It works for some designs, but not for most of them, including a Corvair. Try doing something radically different than your norm. Mix things up, do something new. It'll only improve your skills and give you more flexibility.

That's agressive? Wow, I was trying to tone it down on that sketch.

That's agressive? Wow, I was trying to tone it down on that sketch.

you're all wrong. I like both of them, and they even seem to add focus that these are rear engined. 206, seriously, cool concepts and good quick sketches OMO.

one thing i notice... your roofline is way too raked, but your windsheild is at a total 1960s angle.... rake the windsheild a bit more with the updated greenhouse...imo

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0