Official Pics - 2008 Honda Accord

Flybrian

Sebring Sonata is right!

This is a seriously GROSS, disgustingly horific styling trend that only adds to

the gross disproportionate lines, non-continuous, double negative line, and

lack thereof on these Japanese cars today.

The Camry, Impala and many others have these "glass tumors"...

Solstice, too, yet no one complains.

Not impressive in the least...

The Malibu and Aura are much nicer in every respect. I actually prefer the current Accord to this Korean disaster but I do think the interior is at the very least 'competitive'

But alas, it'll sell like crazy because of blindly loyal people and that nice fat "H" in it's Elementally ugly grille.

Wait until the acceleration and fuel economy numbers come out for this and the Malibu. Not saying a 6-speed wouldn't likely benefit the Accord, but maybe the extra cost made it not worth while.

So with GM it was an image issue, but Honda is allowed to be subpar simply because it costs too much to update their rigs.

There's nothing I don't like about this new Honda......I think the exterior is sharp, can't pinpoint one single aspect that I don't like (like the Malibu's hideous rear-end) and the interior that looks like it's worth twice the price of the new Malibu.....(and dammit...in EX-L trim.....very nearly as nice as the new CTS' interior.)

And this judgement is made from??!?! ........Pictures......

Get your head out of your a*s......how can you justify a statement like the Camry is a "substandard pile" when it's consistently the best-selling midsize sedan in the country....with minimal fleet sales I might add.....

I'm no particular Camry-lover either......but you don't get to be the best without some substantial engineering, design, and performance......

He justified it by saying that the Camry sells on it's reputation; which it and the Accord both do.

This isn't a brand new phenominon, even you import lovers will admit that some domestic models do the same thing.

And yes, the Camry is, for al intents and purposes, a LESS THAN IMPRESSIVE choice of transportation.

How anyone can think the interior design has wide appeal, i want some of their brownies. maybe its ok if you like playing xobx or couldn't get credit on a 200 325i.

All it needs is an "H" that's how it's credible.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

The sedan's exterior is horrible. It looks Korean, like it's trying too hard, and rips-off too many other designs. Both interiors (base and up-level) seem nice...better than Camry. I prefer the Camry and Malibu exterior design.

The coupe is hot, though, and should be a big seller. Aggressive, sporty and luxurious. I still hate the floating hood, though. I'd take an Altima coupe over it.

I don't see why there is so much discussion about this we all know that all critics will just absolutely adore this new Accord even if it looks like a 5 series in drag, and the Malibu will never be good in any critics eyes because of something like the way paddle shifters feel or something dumb like that I dunno. And IMO the Accord's exterior looks a little clunked together, it just doesn't flow right, its like the Civic, but the interior I will say is attractive and what kills it for the Malibu is the damn "black-tie" radios and cheaper materials.

what kills it for the Malibu is the damn "black-tie" radios and cheaper materials.

I agree about the corporate radio and HVAC controls. Most of the imports have moved towards unique HVAC and radio controls in many, if not most, of the cars. Doing this allows them to tailor the switchgear to match the look of the interior.....look at the difference in Civic, Accord, TSX, TL. My lord, now a Cobalt shares the same "black tie" radio controls as the much-more (supposedly) upscale Lucerne!

Sure doing it Honda's way is certainly more expensive.....but it's these small details that make a car seem "higher quality" and more "stylish" and "innovative" inside.

As far as Malibu is concerned......I'm not so sure I even have a problem with the materials....if they are like the materials in the AURA, then they are pretty decent. It's the fit-and-finish, multitude of cutlines, and shoddy assembly that I have a problem with in the AURA. And if the Malibu shares these traits, (and pictures show that it will.....) it will most definitely suffer.

The Solstice's headlights have a bulge upwards, it's sleek, aerodynamic & makes

sense on a semi-flush mounted headlight, the lights that bulge out at awkward

angles like on the Impala and moreso here are just gross!