Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

G8 photos from Woodward Dream Cruise

People might think its odd, but I like window controls in the center. I don't have to switch hands on the steering wheel.

My dad's old BMW 735i (RIP) had buttons in the center as well. It's not a bad thing.

What is to keep in mind here is that this is only the standard GT model and it looks good. We will ge more agressive parts, flashier interior, bigger wheels and brakes etc soon.

As one might note most of the snobs at Autoblog seem to like this car as only a few ignorent troll ave piped in. This a good sign and I think when prices are anounced it will also be pleasing to many. I expect this car to sell well I just hopw the dealers don't get greedy like they did on the GTO.

The G8 will be a very popular car in LA area for GM and that is something they dearly need.

As for the window controls on the console how much more Pontiac can you get as this was a place the TA had theirs. Just be glad it is not like an Alfa with them on the headliner console.

This will be he best Damn Sedan Pontiac has had in many years.

Just which emblem will we get on the nose?

Gorgeous. Absolutely stunning. And what's under the skin* is even more beautiful!

* Longitudinally mounted pushrod V8, RWD & sohisticated Zeta chassis.

I saw this car Saturday On Woodward too and it didn't exactly get my heart racing. I don't know why, maybe it was because I spent the previous 3 days looking at thousands of old muscle cars but my jaw didn't drop when I walked up and checked it out. It looks like a BMW with a Pontiac logo which is probably a good thing for Pontiac. Maybe a quick test drive would get my motor running.

I saw this car Saturday On Woodward too and it didn't exactly get my heart racing. I don't know why, maybe it was because I spent the previous 3 days looking at thousands of old muscle cars but my jaw didn't drop when I walked up and checked it out. It looks like a BMW with a Pontiac logo which is probably a good thing for Pontiac. Maybe a quick test drive would get my motor running.

I expect it would.

I was looking at a '63 1/2 Ford Galaxie 500 XL (bucket/console) recently and it had the power window switches & window lock on the console also.

Personally, I prefer them on the door, but it's not a make-or-break thing for me.

60's T birds had them there too.

If the switches are that much of a problem to anyone they were not in the market for this car in the first place.

i am really MCLOVIN' this car!

but, RWD only, no stick w/ v6, no DI, arg. pretty much means no sale for me.

an AWD 3.6DI with stick would be perfect for me.

not really any sound insulation on the hood, is there?

i strongly prefer window swtiches on the door because its a much handier place to use them from, i.e. when you are outside the car and just want to open the door to operate the window switch, or at a toll booth or drive thru its easier because everything is to your left already. plus, swtiches on the console rob space you would use to put stuff while driving.

is that a STALK MOUNTED CRUISE CONTROL?????

another big time thumbs down

Edited by regfootball

This car is just as bland styling-wise as the GTO, but will probably sell a little better because of the 4-doors. Unfortunately, that's not saying much. This car might sell better in LA than in other markets, but it won't make even a dent in people's consciousness. Buyers who have 30K to spend here in LA will continue to buy the cars that people envy. Anything (new) with "Pontiac" on it will make their friends and neighbors ask "why?" Who endures 60 months of payments while being told you should have bought the 328i?

The G8 will be a very popular car in LA area for GM and that is something they dearly need.

Anything (new) with "Pontiac" on it will make their friends and neighbors ask "why?" Who endures 60 months of payments while being told you should have bought the 328i?

60 months of not being the same dweeb in the same silver or black 328i is value enough. Through in a real trunk, real interior dimensions, and a real powerful engine and I'm sold.

They'll sell every one of them. But it won't be the next 300 - the styling is too tame. Going with the BMW (or the Lexus IS or Audi A4 or M-B C-Class) will give a buyer a better service experience and better resale value (something many people care about esp if they lease). Hey, I've tried pumping up this car to someone looking to retire his minivan since the kids are moving out - wants a muscle car. Told him about how great this thing was going to be. His response? Complete silence. You could hear his thoughts through the silence - Pontiac??? What are you crazy? I'm sure it's going to be a great car. Unfortunately it's still called a Pontiac. Doomed from the start.

60 months of not being the same dweeb in the same silver or black 328i is value enough. Through in a real trunk, real interior dimensions, and a real powerful engine and I'm sold.

They'll sell every one of them.

not so sure about that.

what is pricing? how does it compare to current pontiacs?

i see buick is managing to sell enclaves at premium price, but not so sure that saturn is as successful. i think pontiac may have problems too if this thing is not priced right.

also, prob need to address the mistake they made with the gto, which was shipping the cars to the dealers in the wrong part of the country

The rims are fine, clean & sporty, nothing wrong with subtlety.

Besides, who the hell bases their purchae on rims? Seriously.

Buy the car and sell the rims on eBay 0.0002 seconds after

have tire warehouse or some local speed shop throw on a

killer set of 17/18/19" rims that you DO like. Simple, is it not?

Settle down everyone! Man everyone is so nitpicky about this car, we should rejoice that Pontiac is coming out with a RWD sedan, and this one shown is just a base model. I of course can't wait to see the GT.

Agreed.

GM4life: I concur 100%. RWD, awsome proportions, great, C L E A N styling & a pushrod V8!

What's NOT to like?

If I were in the market for a sedan, I'd take this over a CTS even if they were the same price. I have never cared for the CTS (V series excepted). The style of the Caddy just doesn't appeal to me.

I would, however, find a supplier in Australia to send me a set of taillights to replace those ugly freakin' clear lens things on the G8. No production car should ever wear that crap again.

This car is just as bland styling-wise as the GTO, but will probably sell a little better because of the 4-doors.

I agree. It does look bland, specially from the rear.

That gray interior is hideous =\ The tan/gray interior adds a little more character, but the design is still fairly boring.

My 85 Trans Am has them on the center console as well and was dissapointed when I purchased my 93 and found them on the door. Eventually I got used to the door mounted controls but I still prefer them on the center console.

Especially with a manual trans. I always drive with my left hand on the steering wheel, and my right hand is used for everything else. The only dissappointment with my GTO is that it doesn't have power door locks, which should be on the console as well.

When I lurked on this board, everyone was pro for a rwd Pontiac sedan with V8 power. The prayers have been answered, and now that the car has been previewed, its not good enough. I think that the people who based Pontiac for not having a V8 rwd sedan and now bashing them for "poor design" and other nickpicky things are just perpetual whiners who will never be happy with anything GM ever does to any product. I am just glad that the resources have been pooled together so we get this car. The media writings about this car have likened it to an M5. That is pretty amazing to me, especially since it is a fraction of the $90-$100K cost of an M5. So, to all the nonbelievers I say Dont WORRY, Be Happy.

:thumbsup: on the G8

When I lurked on this board, everyone was pro for a rwd Pontiac sedan with V8 power. The prayers have been answered, and now that the car has been previewed, its not good enough. I think that the people who based Pontiac for not having a V8 rwd sedan and now bashing them for "poor design" and other nickpicky things are just perpetual whiners who will never be happy with anything GM ever does to any product. I am just glad that the resources have been pooled together so we get this car. The media writings about this car have likened it to an M5. That is pretty amazing to me, especially since it is a fraction of the $90-$100K cost of an M5. So, to all the nonbelievers I say Dont WORRY, Be Happy.

:thumbsup: on the G8

:thumbsup: exactly

• 2 weeks later...

Well We had the Bumble Bee Transformer 2009 Camaro at my work this weekend. That was cool enough but we had an added bonus.

The tranport truck came to pick it up this afternoon and on it they had the Woodward G8 GT on it.

I was able to see the outside and the under side of the car. I must say it is very striking. Even with the crowd there to see the Camaro many were distracted and were able to get the side dorr open so we could get a better look.

After seeing the hardware under the car it sure makes my GP look like a pice of crap. If show to many people they would mistake it for a high priced European car and not a Pontiac.

I just got a new camera and have not down loaded the pictures yet but I will post them if they came out as well a I think they did. With the racks in the Reliable truck it was hard to get one large picture so I took many small ones so we could see the under side of the engine, exhaust and rear diff.

The tail lights look better than I expected in person. The clear did go well with the red.

The car is a good size for todays market and the new wheels look fine.

I also got the under side of the Bumble Bee so I could compare the old Holden parts to the new.

Fbodfather was correcting people and saying this car was not a Zeta and was only an update of the old platform. Someone said like the GTO and I think he said kind of. He said this was to hold over till the next platform was ready and it shared nothing with the Camaro. If it had he said the Camaro would have been ready by now.

So the Camaro will be the first true Zeta?