Flybrian

CONCEPT: Ford Verve

It's nice for a compact but the Aston Martin design shouldn't be so cheapened. The front is like a Chinese rip-off. The rest of the car is nice, though. The interior is surprising for a Ford.

Calm down man. I'm talking more about the styling. If GM could put that on the next Aveo, it would be a good competitor.... also, are you sure this is two class sizes and not one? The Beat would replace the Spark(one step below the Aveo) and the Fiesta would be Aveo sized (B-Class vehicle).

The Spark is the next smaller car than the Aveo in the GM Daewoo lineup, but there is a larger class of vehicles (A-segment) between the Spark and Aveo not produced by GM, although they continue to sell vehicles in that size produced by Suzuki.

B-segment: Aveo, Colt, Fit, Fiesta, Corsa, 207, Clio, Rio, Mini Clubman, C3 etc.

A-segment: Mini, March, Swift, Sirion, Vitz, Ka, C2 etc., and the taller Materia, Agila, Modus, 1007 and Cube MPVs

A0-segment: 500, Spark, Picanto, Charade, Panda, Twingo, C1, 107 etc.

The most mature car in the segment. Makes the pathetic new Aveo look like a kiddie kar. Love it!

That's because it's not a new Aveo, it's just an MCE. The new cars in this segment are the Renault Clio III, Fiat Grande Punto, Peugeot 207, Opel Corsa and Hyundai Accent, against which the new Fiesta is just playing catch-up. Other than the fancy startrek-meets-Nokia center console, it's not anything special in that crowd.

BTW, I have Realvideo of the concept being built+soundbites at AutoReport.

The side window treatment reminds me of the Mazda CX-7 and CX-9 for some reason...I like the color (would love to see a Mustang in that color). The grille is a bit over the top, though (trying to outdo Audi and Peugeot?)

I hope Ford doesn't tone it down too much.

I can't believe I actually kinda like this thing...The AM grille is way too obvious, but other than that, it looks pretty sweet. And one I don't like Ford's stylng in recent years and two I am not a hatchback fan.