Sign in to follow this  
olds442

Solstice Hardtop

20 posts in this topic

will the addition fo a solid roof add $220,000 dollasr to the price? :scratchchin:

ocnblu    719
Sensuous curves with authority are exactly what I expect and hope for in a Pontiac. Very nice, except I would have kept the fender scallop, of course. This chop makes the G8 even more off-putting as a Pontiac-branded car.

CMG    1

Is it for midgets? LOL I would bet if that was to scale it would be fit for drivers 4 feet and shorter!

I like the side profile, even more so because I can't see the grill! hahaha

Nice drawing!

:thumbsup:

CaddyXLR-V    3

Sensuous curves with authority are exactly what I expect and hope for in a Pontiac. Very nice, except I would have kept the fender scallop, of course. This chop makes the G8 even more off-putting as a Pontiac-branded car.

I disagree with the G8 comment. So this car makes a great Pontiac? I though it made a better Alfa Romeo.

Alfa Romeo

PurdueGuy    72

^oh, snap. I take it that's where this top was taken from? Not sure it'd be such a bad thing to imitate - they're not in the same markets. Though there's always a degree of lame-ness to imitation.

balthazar    1,735

>>"I take it that's where this top was taken from? Not sure it'd be such a bad thing to imitate - they're not in the same markets. Though there's always a degree of lame-ness to imitation."<<

That roofline is FAR from original to alfa-romeo !!

PurdueGuy    72

>>"I take it that's where this top was taken from? Not sure it'd be such a bad thing to imitate - they're not in the same markets. Though there's always a degree of lame-ness to imitation."<<

That roofline is FAR from original to alfa-romeo !!

The roofline and windows both look identical or darn close to it...

balthazar    1,735

I think you misread me. Photoshop-wise, the above chop very well indeed may have used the A-R roof (I'm not questioning that).

My point was; stylistically, many more cars far previous to the A-R used a very very similar roofline, so this concept is not necessarily immitating any model in particular.

Right.... the roof on the Alfa Romeo 8C copied many Ferraris,

Corvettes & other european cars from the past 40 years.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this