Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flybrian

URGENT CHOP REQUEST!

48 posts in this topic

SPECIAL ASSIGNMENT - Pontiac or GMC 'Holden Ute'

Alright, guys. We all know the story, so how about some of our talented 'choppers give us some more possible GMC and Pontiac versions of the Holden Ute?

Olds_Guy got us off to a start during the official competition, so let's follow that lead and get creative! The best ones will be presented with a forthcoming editorial on the possibilities of a non-Chevrolet 'El Camino.'

First!(kinda)

tried to integrate a lot of the styling from the acadia. I like it a lot

EDIT: changed a few things (bigger grill, new color, etc...)

Posted Image

post-879-1188255227_thumb.jpg

post-879-1188401142_thumb.jpg

Edited by ltm_awake

First!(kinda)

tried to integrate a lot of the styling from the acadia. I like it a lot

post-879-1188255227_thumb.jpg

Nice work.

But, wow, it looks so bland now.

2009 GMC Typhoon:

Posted Image

===========================================================================T

The GMC grille looks great there. I would have replaced the center bulbs with projector beams a la Acadia. The cosmic green doesnt work with the GMC image either. The overall execution is great though. Right on Mario!

Submitted for your approval:

Posted Image

I know, I need to change the wheels still. There's some tweaking I still need to do with the front fascia, and removing that badge by the rear wheel well...ah well tomorrow's another day. The biggest change is the leveling off of the bed sides...I don't like how they slant downwards...it reminds me of the Ridgline...I prefer a more level bed...or at least less slanted.

Edited by Dodgefan

Posted Image

I know, I need to change the wheels still. There's some tweaking I still need to do with the front fascia, and removing that badge by the rear wheel well...ah well tomorrow's another day. The biggest change is the leveling off of the bed sides...I don't like how they slant downwards...it reminds me of the Ridgline...I prefer a more level bed...or at least less slanted.

Thanks for the preview, tweak it 'til you like it.

i love the design... im just against the cycline name... first, CYCLONE reminds me of mercury, and the syclone has a great rep, im not saying the ute doesnt deserve the name, but i just dont like bringing up the syclone name/.... besides, it doesnt fit the current naming scheme

i love the design... im just against the cyclone name... first, CYCLONE reminds me of mercury, and the syclone has a great rep, im not saying the ute doesnt deserve the name, but i just dont like bringing up the syclone name/.... besides, it doesnt fit the current naming scheme

edited first post

I like the syclone ideas, but they seem to go against the current GMC theme. a hi-po variant would be better suited at pontiac, or even chevrolet.

oh, and I'm going with sprint for the model on mine

Posted Image

Edited by ltm_awake

Posted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morpheously beautiful! They are getting better and better. Keep them coming!

edited first post

I like the syclone ideas, but they seem to go against the current GMC theme. a hi-po variant would be better suited at pontiac, or even chevrolet.

oh, and I'm going with sprint for the model on mine

Posted Image

Sprint sounds like a trim name for an 80's K-car to me :P

I like Cyclone because it rolls of the tongue nicely, and I'm not the biggest fan of GMC's names outside of the Sierra anyway. Cyclone sounds like something that will have a big impact, like say a hot-rod muscle car with the utility of a pick-up bed would have on an mostly staid market, whose only other unibody competitor is the disgusting FWD bias Ridgeline. Unless I think of a better name I'm sticking to it :P

(Plus, I'm 110% sure that the Ute would be an overall better performance vehicle than the S-10 based Syclone, making it already more "hi-po") :AH-HA_wink:

Has anyone else noticed that the line of the C pillar and the slant of the bed top are exactly the same as my sig car?

We made a special effort to get that pillar slant during the Chevelle Project!

I think we've been robbed! :lol:

Has anyone else noticed that the line of the C pillar and the slant of the bed top are exactly the same as my sig car?

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. ^_^

Sooooo...

Where are the Pontiac chops?

You can't rush genius! :P

The bed slant isn't the same on mine ^_^

Edited by Dodgefan

Version 2.0

Front fascia's been reworked so the new headlights actually look like they belong on the car and not like they were tacked on. Deleted the SS badges and changed the center caps on the wheels from the Holden emblem to GMC. Here ya go!

Posted Image

As for a Pontiac version, I haven't got to it yet...still thinking of the design...but here's a quick sketch of what I was thinking of:

Posted Image

DF, if you're going to insist on calling your GMC version as "Cyclone", please use GMC's version ---> S Y C L O N E, and not Mercury's (Cyclone). Thanks! :AH-HA_wink:

Version 2.0

Front fascia's been reworked so the new headlights actually look like they belong on the car and not like they were tacked on. Deleted the SS badges and changed the center caps on the wheels from the Holden emblem to GMC. Here ya go!

Posted Image

As for a Pontiac version, I haven't got to it yet...still thinking of the design...but here's a quick sketch of what I was thinking of:

Posted Image

:drool: Thats flingin flangin awesome! Great work!

Very nice, I like the integration of the lower section of the acadia lights. Any reason you didnt bring over the projectors as well?

Not really, I just happened to like the looks of the halogens...the outer ones are projectors and anyway :P If you want dual projectors they are optional. :AH-HA_wink:

DF, if you're going to insist on calling your GMC version as "Cyclone", please use GMC's version ---> S Y C L O N E, and not Mercury's (Cyclone). Thanks! :AH-HA_wink:

Fine... :P

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0