Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

HSV VE eye candy

H@T! :wub:

According to GuionM, a case is being made for the G8 wagon right now.

Seems it was a little tidbit he ran across while searching for information on the Ute.

I don't doubt that they're pushing for it, but I am certain it has not been approved.

Also, sorry to disappoint GMTG, but the G8 wagon is not going to make it here by next summer, I fear. The Commodore wagon doesn't start production 'til late-Feb 08. I guess if the G8 started right after then it would make it here, but I sort of doubt it will start more than a couple months after the Commodore.

H@T! :wub:

we agree! i am in love with this car!

i sure hope it has AWD.

my lease ends in fall 08. but i am sure GM will take 5 years making this reality. why can't they get their crap together and have the wagon ready to go when the sedan arrives here?

Edited by regfootball

GM would be foolish to not add this to US G8 lineup . I see Magnum's everywhere . This would be more on the scale of a BMW or Merc sport wagon , I think it would do very well at a low volume . I think it would sell better actually than a El Camino .

G.M. - I pledge to you that if you will bring the wagon here, put the LS3 in it, and execute it along the lines of the G8GT - I will buy one immediately or sooner! Where and to whom do I make the check out to for the deposit?

Lutz: It would be a major failure on your part to NOT put that wagon on our shores within the next year of our lives. And do not be skimpy on the hot colors either!!! That eye seering green and the bright colors will be just the ticket to put the SUV crowd into these NON BORING cars!

A wagon would make a lot of sense in 2 ways.

1) To capture some escaping SUV customers (i.e. people who want something smaller and cheaper than an SUV, yet still need utility)

2) It would give Pontiac a unique offering that no other american division (at GM) has.

X2

I hope you guys get these cars... cos they be luuuuuuuuuurvely...

Hold on, a Holden post where PCS isn't being negative? What the!!!

Cyclonic, any chance you can get any real world pics of the Commodore SS, Ute, Commodore Wagon when you see them?

here's the deal, i read on another site soemone says the wagon is at least 2 years away in AU.

complete and total crap if you ask me....it was explained as spacing out the new products over a period of time to maintain interest in the model line.

what if i want the car NOW? that is the bull$h! that continually afflicts GM.

If an AWD g8 wagon is not available when my lease is up next fall and GM card is burning a hole in my pocket, then f-ck you, GM. Ford or someone else will get my business.

I honestly would even consider the ute if I didn't need a back seat for the kid.

Edited by regfootball

here's the deal, i read on another site soemone says the wagon is at least 2 years away in AU.

The Wagon will be released in Australia around March next year, this is planned (I have read) to take attention off the new generation Ford Falcon which is planned to launch then too. In reality the wagon is probably ready for production now.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pontiac get a version of this and the Ute to create a diverse and interesting G8 lineup.

The Wagon will be released in Australia around March next year, this is planned (I have read) to take attention off the new generation Ford Falcon which is planned to launch then too. In reality the wagon is probably ready for production now.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pontiac get a version of this and the Ute to create a diverse and interesting G8 lineup.

Thanks for the info. I figured it would be soon for the wagon because it looks too production ready for being two years away.

Wagon looks fantastic. I think sacrificing space for style is a move in the right direction and they will still offer more space to fit your new BFT than most wagons.

If that is the new Maloo then HSV will struggle to keep up with demand as it looks awesome. I think Holden has 2 winners on their hands.

Life is good.