http://www.autoblog.com/2007/08/27/new-aud...appears-on-web/

4.7 meters long, 1.83 meters wide

.27 coeffcient of drag

Base engine: 1.8L TFSI producing 160 hp

3.2L V6 FSI producing 260 hp

2.0, 2.7 and 3.0L diesels

Six standard airbags

Interior similar to A5

I really like it, although it's basically a 4-door Audi A5! Stylish, (hopefully) affordable, good job Audi! Just next time, make the design more unique!

Expect this car to be more dramatic than what this pic shows. My friend that works for Audi says that the greenhouse/profile is much more dramatic than the current A4 (in the pic it looks almost the same.)

Let's wait and see what more pics bring to the table.

I've spent all last weekend in my ex's A4 2.0T 6-speed S-Line/Titanium package car.....and I'm quite surprised as it is a wonderful driving car. I've always thought highly of the 2.0T in it's latest configuration.....and it's peppy nature is only augmented by the 29mpg average for the weekend that I got driving it around.

Compared to my CTS Sport, it has a much more tied-down feel on the freeway...much stiffer suspension....but with not much loss in ride quality. It feels eager to cut-and-thrust through southern CA traffic. At the limit, the CTS more than holds it's own....with a fun-to-drive RWD feel and a tuning to the suspension that's quite deft at the limits....but that feels softer than the A4 at more normal speeds. Up the speed in the curves in the A4, and FWD-based understeer sets in.....limiting the fun.

If the new A4 carries some of the advantages in handling of the new A5 platform, it will be a good entry into the segment.

One main difference.....the Audi got way more looks from young, punk, Gen"Xers".....the Caddy? Doesn't get many looks at all.......

I really like it, although it's basically a 4-door Audi A5! Stylish, (hopefully) affordable, good job Audi! Just next time, make the design more unique!

Why although? It's the whole point of the A5- to be a couple variant of the upcoming A4.

I heard that a coupe version of the current A4 2002-2005/2005-current was planned, but never executed.

*EDIT* I hope Audis don't become too "unique" if you will, because to me Audi represents (or at least used to) clean, simple designs- Bauhausian.

Edited by MyerShift

Nice! I like it more than the A5, which has a weird Veracruz-Elantra-like line.

That dopey swoop is the only let down of the A5 line.

It should be a single, uninterrupted crease running "up" the body.

oh, THAT's ORIGINAL

Christ.

SAME F**KING DESIGN FOR THE LAST WHAT 25 YEARS?

my GOD, i think the Honda RL (really lame) is better than this!!!!!!!!!!!

buy a jetta and save the $$$$$$$$$$$ no one will know the diff

wait, let me go out to the garage for the moment.

Edited by regfootball

yup! I already have a large one of these in my garage!!!!!!!!!!!

mks looks even better now!

CTS blows this away!

a container of quaker oats has seen more change in the label throughout the years than audi design!!!!!!!!!!!

reminds me of the brady bunch movie. mike brady designs 3 different buildings. they all look just like his house.

audi design is like mike brady's house. the same thing, ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!

Edited by regfootball

LOL Aren't Generation X in their very late 20's to early 40's now by most popular definitions?

Yes...I think the poster meant Gen Y....Xers like myself were born from '64-80, I think..I know plenty of Xers that drive Audis..

LOL Aren't Generation X in their very late 20's to early 40's now by most popular definitions?

Prolly so.....

I'm not sure what "letter" I'm supposed to use....I'm talking 18-28yr olds....I guess....is that "Y?" "Z?" Damn I don't know.....all I know is that I'm too old (37) to fit into any of those classifications.....LOL

From the pictures in the article, this doesn't look like a terribly interesting car. I would like to see a good, clear profile shot before I pass a final judgement. One thing I definitely don't like is the large amount of black plastic around the fog lights; it cheapens the design of this car. I have to admit that the rear of this car is visually more interesting than the front. The red color highlights this design more than the silver color (silver does not highlight the subtle lines of this car).

I have to admit that I am not a huge Audi fan. Except for a couple of models, most of their cars look too identical. I know that a brand should have a sense of similarity in their models to tie the brand together, but I think Audi could go a little further to differentiate their models.

I saw a profile shot; it didn't help. This is just a very uninteresting car. It looks like an updated Audi and that is it. It will satisfy existing Audi fans but I am not quite sure it will win over very many new fans. The new car does appear quite a bit larger in the photos than the current model. I'm not sure it is actually that much larger or if it is an optical illusion of the styling.

I'm surprised that Audi is ridding itself of their own doorhandles and going for the more corporate VW look door handles a la Jetta, Passat, etc.

I saw a profile shot; it didn't help. This is just a very uninteresting car. It looks like an updated Audi and that is it. It will satisfy existing Audi fans but I am not quite sure it will win over very many new fans. The new car does appear quite a bit larger in the photos than the current model. I'm not sure it is actually that much larger or if it is an optical illusion of the styling.

It is quite a bit larger. The old model was 3-series/C-Class sized—a large compact.The new model is squarely in the midsize segment—Alfa 156, 9-3, Passat, Legacy, Mazda6, G35 etc.