Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Name the Ute

K.C.

=======================================================================

Sprint reminds me too much of the Chevy Sprint that receeded the Metro.

I was just about to type that. AND it's a damn phone company.

Sprint was super-cool in 1969 but I'm not sure it translates well.

How about PALOMINO :P

http://www.1955gmc.com/1957palomino.html

Anyone for a new name?

Villa

Compagne (French: companion)

Todos (Spanish: everything)

All I can think of for now

im trying to think of mountain ranges/ minerals (ie: yukon, sierra, granyte.... etc) no luck..lol

GMC Cascade. (Cascadia?)

Or maybe use the Western town name theme like other trucks and SUVs..

GMC Telluride.

GMC El Paso.

GMC Tempe.

GMC Arvada (this would sound good with the Acadia)

GMC Cheyenne. (Chevy used to use it as a truck trim level long ago)

GMC Scottsdale (Chevy used to use it as a truck trim level long ago)

...or G8 Denali

GMC Centaur (half man/half horse = half car/half truck)

Please leave the Syclone name in the past where it belones, on an AWD small pickup. "Palomino" is a 1957 GMC concept/showtruck name, and really doesn't resonate with today's market (how many Western/cowboy movies <outside of Brokeback Mountain> are made today? How many kids still play "cowboys and indians"???). Too many people will think of a cell phone company with "Sprint" (plus OnStar uses Verizon :P ), and Caballero would only work if Chevy had an El Camino (that's why there was a Spanish theme going on with the renaming in '78). Can't use "Granite", as MACK trucks has the trademark on that for their current truckline.

Acadia, Denali and, to an extent Canyon, are named after U.S. National Parks. Biscayne is a national park name, but was also used on Chevy models. You can see the emense listing of U.S. national parks here, if you can find one appropriate: wikipedia Yukon comes from the Canadian Yukon Territory, Savana (savannah) is a type of grassland, Sierra is spanish-language for mountain ranges. I presume the word Sonoma was named for teh Californian wine valley, and while not currently in use, could be resurrected for the Ute. Of course, mountain ranges have many names available from the North Atlantiac region, click here.

I was going to suggest "Cascadia" too!

K.C., that's brilliant. What guy wouldn't want a Holden Magroin of their very own? Only a select few would ask for their buddy's Holden Magroin for the weekend.

I like GMC Syclone because the original left the market on a high note, so the name is still respected. "Syclone" evokes power and adventure, something the Ute will provide plenty of.

A new name would also suffice, something geographical, as has been GMC's practice over the last couple of decades.

Edited by ocnblu

K.C., that's brilliant. What guy wouldn't want a Holden Magroin of their very own? Only a select few would ask for their buddy's Holden Magroin for the weekend.

I like GMC Syclone because the original left the market on a high note, so the name is still respected. "Syclone" evokes power and adventure, something the Ute will provide plenty of.

A new name would also suffice, something geographical, as has been GMC's practice over the last couple of decades.

:lol: About 10% would ask for their buddy's Holden Magroine. :lol: