GM Design Center Conceptual Interior Elements

Negative. Good they switched from the previous orangey ones, but the current pure red is fine. I like my red dash. Keeps me very focused.

But yeah, the dash they showed as the concept looks too busy and hard to read.

I've owned 5 Pontiacs in the past 4 years. The GTO by far, has the best interior lighting. Easier to read, easier on your eyes at night, and just looks a whole lot better.

I think some people just don't like change because they have to stick with what they know, until they try something else, and realize there's better things out there than what they cling to. I was one of them. A year ago I would have said the same thing about keeping the red interior lighting.

2007 GM Design proposed Lambda MCE Center Stack

Posted Image

Okay, problem with this being a "Lamdba" dash stack is that it has a rotary knob for 2wd, 4hi and 4lo.... to my knowledge, only the 4wd GM pickups and suvs would require that feature. The Lambda's AWD system operates without driver input. I believe this dash is forecasting what we could see on a GMT-900 redesign? I defintely don't think this is Lambda (unless the Traverse will offer part-time 4wd instead of AWD).

2007 GM Design proposed Malibu/Aura MCE Center Stack

Posted Image

I can see this dash stack as being the Lambda's, as the rotary knob for the part-time 4wd system is non-functional. Or look at my explanation above and this is the dash stack for 2wd GM trucks?

I've owned 5 Pontiacs in the past 4 years. The GTO by far, has the best interior lighting. Easier to read, easier on your eyes at night, and just looks a whole lot better.

I think some people just don't like change because they have to stick with what they know, until they try something else, and realize there's better things out there than what they cling to. I was one of them. A year ago I would have said the same thing about keeping the red interior lighting.

I moved from a Cavalier into a G6. The red was a welcome change from the greenish-white.

A similar centerstack will be in the 2008 CTS. GM has moved to a remote concept for radio and hvac. No longer will these units be required to be located next to the knobs that control them. Instead the centerstack will send messages to the units over a serial data connection and control them. This frees up the designers to move the controls around.

As for a key fob with a screen, GM will soon be launching a bi-directional key fob with a screen. This key fob will display tire pressure, gas tank status, odometer, car lock status, and change the radio stations between presets. I'm not sure if this will be release in 2008, but that's the plan.

By 2010 most mid-level and up cars will no longer have these hideous center stacks. As for the Cluster, well that's a different story entirely. It is very difficult to find a reliable display that can withstand the temperature ranges need for cold/hot weather driving.

As for a key fob with a screen, GM will soon be launching a bi-directional key fob with a screen. This key fob will display tire pressure, gas tank status, odometer, car lock status, and change the radio stations between presets. I'm not sure if this will be release in 2008, but that's the plan.

I'm pretty sure that is already an option on certain vehicles (it was for our Enclave).