What does your Desktop look like?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Here is my Home system.

Dell XPS 8900 with 32GB Ram, 4TB storage and 512GB SSD Boot drive.

Dual NEC 27" Screens, one in landscape mode and one in Portrait mode.

20170415_115039[1].jpg

Work Desktop system.

Lenovo W540 with i7 Quad Core, 32GB ram, 512GB SSD Boot drive, 2TB data drive, running in quad screen mode.

20150409_115910.jpg

• Agree 1

• 1 year later...

So work re-org'd groups and moved people around. Due to my seniority, I ended up getting a windows cube. Nice now, but I think summer is going to be hot.

I also got a 2nd 30 inch monitor and as such went from 4 screens to 3. Here is my new setup, one 30 inch in portrait mode the other in landscape and then using my laptop screen for email.

20190306_090757.jpg

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I have that same keyboard. I've used "natural" style keyboards for over 20 years. 

I love them, cannot imagine working on a traditional straight keyboard ever.

Just now, dfelt said:

I love them, cannot imagine working on a traditional straight keyboard ever.

I mean I do... I have to from time to time.  They don't have natural keyboards on laptops.  I just type better on a natural keyboard.  Both my home setup and work setup have the same keyboard as you though. 

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I mean I do... I have to from time to time.  They don't have natural keyboards on laptops.  I just type better on a natural keyboard.  Both my home setup and work setup have the same keyboard as you though. 

Agree, work and home have the same keyboard and I am lucky to be limited to minimal travel now so rarely use the laptop keyboard.

• 2 months later...

My two current workspace desktop backgrounds on my Mac... local pics....one downtown Cleveland and the Cuyahoga River from the air, and the other Headlands State Beach and Lake Erie... 

Screen_Shot_2019-05-20_at_6_56.52_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2019-05-20_at_6_48.25_PM.png

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 year later...

Haven't customized my background yet, but got my new job tools via Fed Ex on Friday--16 inch Mac Book Pro and 20 inch Dell monitor.  May add a 2nd monitor.   Set them up in my home office, got the usual tools so far...Slack, Gmail, Zoom...working on installing a bunch of dev tools and learning the company's products...haven't been able to get the wireless keyboard they sent working, so using one of my keyboards for now.

IMG-4885.jpg

• Agree 1

I originally had my desk facing the window, but now I have my back to the window.. it's a 2nd floor spare bedroom w/ the window up too high to see out of when seated, and sitting facing the wall below the window wasn't too interesting...though I will probably use my living room and work on the sofa often when I don't need to be on a call and don't need the big monitor...

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, ykX said:

My desktop has rotating backgrounds between some NASA pictures (Earth from Moon, space walks), Musk's spaceman, and Shelby GT350s,  Mustang GT pp2, some Astons.  But I don't work from home.

@Robert Hall  Love all the model boxes.  Do you have all of them assembled?

Most are unbuilt.  I’m pretty slow at finishing.  I’ve built quite a few over the years, but seem to take forever to finish.  

• Agree 2

54 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Most are unbuilt.  I’m pretty slow at finishing.  I’ve built quite a few over the years, but seem to take forever to finish.  

Pretty much how I am with several projects. 

15 hours ago, David said:

My permanent work from home setup now that I will never return to the office.

20210209_134506.jpg

I think a lot of people would rather work from home. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

At least your all set for retirement when you will have even more time to build models! :D 

• Agree 1

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Recent pics of my home office and office assistants..still have some boxes to unpack from the move.  Got a nice view of the driveway.   Thinking about replacing the two 24 inch screens with a 43 inch or so widescreen..

unnamed-4.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

• Oh Yeah! 1

29 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Recent pics of my home office and office assistants..still have some boxes to unpack from the move.  Got a nice view of the driveway.   Thinking about replacing the two 24 inch screens with a 43 inch or so widescreen..

unnamed-4.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

Yes, I would agree that it is time to take advantage of Black Friday and get some decent 4k resolution real estate. 

I have had some weird power issues with my own personal dual 30" 3K screens and am wondering if I should go with a large single screen or two modern screens where I have one in portrait mode.

Liking the following:

Dell UltraSharp 43 4K Monitor (U4323QE) - Computer Monitors | Dell USA

Or maybe stay with dual monitors like I have maybe go with this:

Dell UltraSharp30 Inch USB-C Hub Monitor (U3023E) : Computer Monitors | Dell USA

But then the cost of dual monitors is pretty much the same as a single 43 4K monitor. 

The more I think on this now, I will go with a 43" 4K monitor when I have to replace my dual 30" monitors.

• Agree 1