What is missing from the market?

Camino LS6

An affordable fullsize car that delivers a comfortable, unjarring ride without the pricetag.

In agreement. There is that gap on the GM lineup now. You go from Impala straight to Lucerne. Ford has it covered with outdated models. Chrysler has it covered too.

Personal luxury coupes from America. I looked at and read stories about the new Maserati Gran Turismo coupe, and the ones from other manufacturers, I often wonder what would the E Bodies be like today. The way that coupe is the way they should be.

They say there is no coupe market here, yet the import companies keep introducing them.

A roomy affordable coupe the size or interior room of Monte Carlo.

The Cadillac STS should become one of those personal luxury 4 door coupe type vehicles. The Eldorado would be the coupe two door companion.

Cadillac does not have all its bases covered yet either.

A grand upscale "fullsized" BMW 7 Series /Lexus LS/Mercedes S-Class fighter from Cadillac. The CTS looks like the Sixteen in small ways. Why not make an affordable Sixteen like vehicle?

What is wrong with Cadillac or Buick having the largest car like GM once had.

A station wagon that is versatile that is like the Dodge Magnum and Volvo Cross Country and more refined.

There are some things GM has too many of and something they either do not have or not enough of.

My own personal one... Oldsmobile.

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

In agreement. There is that gap on the GM lineup now. You go from Impala straight to Lucerne. Ford has it covered with outdated models. Chrysler has it covered too.

Personal luxury coupes from America. I looked at and read stories about the new Maserati Gran Turismo coupe, and the ones from other manufacturers, I often wonder what would the E Bodies be like today. The way that coupe is the way they should be.

They say there is no coupe market here, yet the import companies keep introducing them.

A roomy affordable coupe the size or interior room of Monte Carlo.

The Cadillac STS should become one of those personal luxury 4 door coupe type vehicles. The Eldorado would be the coupe two door companion.

Cadillac does not have all its bases covered yet either.

A grand upscale "fullsized" BMW 7 Series /Lexus LS/Mercedes S-Class fighter from Cadillac. The CTS looks like the Sixteen in small ways. Why not make an affordable Sixteen like vehicle?

What is wrong with Cadillac or Buick having the largest car like GM once had.

There are some things GM has too many of and something they either do not have or not enough of.

Can't disagree here either.

Coupes are on my list as well.

One important categoryI need to add here is attractive and desireable cars like the Volt offering alternate fuel cabability and/or alternate forms of propulsion. I'm a big fan of using gaseous fuels in ICEs as an immediate approach that is quickly viable. Above all, whatever form these cars take, they have to provide us ALL with something we can enjoy as a car or they will ultimately fail.

We can't let that happen.

That means no wholesale run to microcars in the US - we really don't want them, so we need to innovate our way out of needing them.

A0 segment anything (Matiz, Picanto, 500 etc.)

affordable A-segment anything (Swift, Agila, Cube, bB), unlike the Yaris hatch and Mini

B-segment MPVs such as the Opel Meriva, Toyota Ractis and Nissan Cube Cubic.

B-segment wagons such as the Raum, Fusion, HRV, SpaceFox and Fabia

C-segment wagons like the Astra Caravan, Nissan Wingroad and Toyota Caldina (under-represented)

7-seat C-segment MPVs like the Touran, Zafira and Mazda5 (under-represented).

midsize MPVs like the Grandis, Presage, S-Max, Espace and Galaxy

mainstream midsize wagons like the Vectra, Mondeo and Passat

compact pickups like the Montana/Tornado and Courier

LCVs such as the Combo, Caddy, Transit Connect and Doblo

Medium commercial vans such as the Vivaro and Scudo.

Ok, this is obvious, but here I go:

Ute/Crewman (rwd and awd models)

Affordable small rear wheel drive performance coupe (Solstice hardtop)

D-segment wagon, with available AWD (Aura wagon, Malibu wagon)

C-segment wagon, with available AWD (Astra wagon, Cobalt wagon)

C-segment MPV

D-segment MPV

D-segment coupes/performance coupes (rwd please)

I'm trying to think (watch the smoke coming from my ears)

Is the Jeep Wrangler the last 2 door SUV? Fitting, since it was the first. I was hoping Saturn would at least productionize the PreVUE 2 door concept.

Edited by ocnblu

I'm trying to think (watch the smoke coming from my ears)

Is the Jeep Wrangler the last 2 door SUV? Fitting, since it was the first. I was hoping Saturn would at least productionize the PreVUE 2 door concept.

Isnt the upcoming Hummer H4 going to be a 2-door or 4-door SUV? Or both?

Regular station wagons. I don't want a crossover. Ford shouldn't have discontinued the Focus wagon.

+1

I'm still over here in Germany, I plan to do a write up of European vehicles from an American perspective, once I'm back, however, I'll say now that Ford is incredibly stupid for not bringing over the entire Focus line to the US. The new Focus wagon is very attractive and looks almost Volvoish. The Focus cabrio has an interior one might expect in a Passat and a 2 litre turbo diesel that feels like a V6 and makes a Civic 4-cylinder seem loud. The Focus S-max would be a sell out.

I think a mini "ute", much like the old Dodge Rampage would be a good segment to try to go after.

Small and economical, but practical in that it can be used to haul stuff. There is alot of people who drive one or two people at a time and don't NEED four seats, but still want to haul stuff every now and then.